KC STAGE 2R TEST

kwelch08

Reaction score
Yes Charlie will have all the details when he has time. It works great with my old EBP and gear head tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Sorry guys.

It has been very busy and I have been having a hard time keeping up with the forums recently.

KC stage 2r (dual ball bearing) has been working GREAT! We had a bunch of testers of all different types. Some came from stock turbos, some from competitor stage 2 turbos, some from our old stage 2 turbo, and some switched back from non-vgt.

All of the testers had the same results.
Fastest spooling turbo they have ever run
More power than any other stage 2 on the market (and even the s363 tester said it made more power)
Cooler egts (some saw around 100-200 degrees cooler egts
I don't like to advertise this, but some even saw 1-2mpg better fuel mileage.

We have had multiple track/dyno runs that put it in the 600-650hp range with 175-205s and cleans up the fuel very well.

One tester running 205/30 ran a 7.8@89mph in the 1/8 (which translates into a 12.3 @ 110mph. CCSB 4x4 truck)

All together the turbo has been a great success! I really think it is going to be a game changer... but it still does have that turbo whistle that some love/hate. We are actually working on option that will have no turbo whistle but it is still going to be about 3-6 months out before we start testing.

I plan on starting a new thread soon to post up more info/results.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
About the EBP sensor mod. We have had a lot of success with this. We have been working on it for years, and started testing it around this time last year. We have had great results. We have the formula down, but now we just need to get more tuners on board. It really opens up the gateway to making more power with VGT turbos and even running VGT compounds. It basically give more control over the vanes above 40psi, currently tuners have ZERO control once the truck hits 40psi of ebp/boost.

I plan to start another thread about this soon also.

Merc82

Reaction score
Sorry guys.

It has been very busy and I have been having a hard time keeping up with the forums recently.

KC stage 2r (dual ball bearing) has been working GREAT! We had a bunch of testers of all different types. Some came from stock turbos, some from competitor stage 2 turbos, some from our old stage 2 turbo, and some switched back from non-vgt.

More power than any other stage 2 on the market (and even the s363 tester said it made more power)

We have had multiple track/dyno runs that put it in the 600-650hp range with 175-205s and cleans up the fuel very well.

One tester running 205/30 ran a 7.8@89mph in the 1/8 (which translates into a 12.3 @ 110mph. CCSB 4x4 truck)

All together the turbo has been a great success! I really think it is going to be a game changer... but it still does have that turbo whistle that some love/hate. We are actually working on option that will have no turbo whistle but it is still going to be about 3-6 months out before we start testing.

Will the option for no turbo whistle still provide the same performance?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Will the option for no turbo whistle still provide the same performance?

Only time will tell. We have not tested any units yet... but in theory yes. There might even be performance gains.

And NO we are not just going to be using a 13 blade turbine wheel. It will be a 10 blade turbine wheel but I can't share too many details. We have been having a lot of issues with copy cats and little guys just trying to do the "same thing" for cheaper... we are actually going to stop posting some much info on the forums :(

Reaction score
Only time will tell. We have not tested any units yet... but in theory yes. There might even be performance gains.

And NO we are not just going to be using a 13 blade turbine wheel. It will be a 10 blade turbine wheel but I can't share too many details. We have been having a lot of issues with copy cats and little guys just trying to do the "same thing" for cheaper... we are actually going to stop posting some much info on the forums :(
If your looking for interested testers, I'd sure like to try and get on that list

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Merc82

Reaction score

I get it. Looking foward to seeing what you come up with... Love the VGT performance, but the sound has always been an issue for me. I want to do something soon, just not sure yet.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Sorry guys.

I am gonna wait for the Stage 2R to hit the market. I will want the loudest one you have lol. I love that whistle.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

That sucks. I love reading technical threads! I'm not sure how much that will help anyway as they are just going to buy one of your turbos and tear it down.....

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That sucks. I love reading technical threads! I'm not sure how much that will help anyway as they are just going to buy one of your turbos and tear it down.....

You would be surprised. There are a lot of "turbo shops" popping up. I don't even think they would spend the money to do that. I know some specifically that begged me to buy parts as a dealer and send them all my specs/pricing... then started up a shop in direct competition to me.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
That's to bad. What ever happened to giving credit where credit is due? The guys that do the r&d will have a better product and I think in the end will have better customer service and sales because of it

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Anyway back to turbos. So how does the bb stage 2 compare to the 1.5 on spool up? I'm on stock sticks and looking to upgrade turbo

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Anyway back to turbos. So how does the bb stage 2 compare to the 1.5 on spool up? I'm on stock sticks and looking to upgrade turbo

I have not tested the two back to back... but I am 100% sure it spools faster. It is the fastest modded VGT I have ever ran. Truly incredible

Merc82

Reaction score
When are you looking to release the BB series? Ideas on pricing?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We are actually filling Pre-Order sales right now. Intro price is gonna be $1950... but it is going to have to go up a little.

We have just been so busy getting ready for UCC next week. Bad timing to release a new turbo LOL

Anyone super interested can send me an email to get in on the pre order sale

[email protected]

Reaction score
I'm not going to be on the pre order for this one Charlie, but I would like to get on the waiting list to test the quiet version your planning to start in 3-6 months, that timing may be perfect for me

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'm not going to be on the pre order for this one Charlie, but I would like to get on the waiting list to test the quiet version your planning to start in 3-6 months, that timing may be perfect for me

Sounds good. Hit me up in like 3 months

Latest posts

Members online