Lazy Starts

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/NpOmtAI9Uss

Anyone ever have this before? It starts like this every time, I have a new ICP sensor, new IPR valve, ICP voltage is good...

Sticking spool valves maybe? I plan to clean up the spool valves on my built injectors before I put them in.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Its not a crisp start. When my partners truck and our work truck start the RPM's kind of rev up a little and then settle down while it just sounds snappy, where my truck just kind of slowly rolls to a start, kind of like me getting out of bed in the morning....

Post thought. This morning when I started it for the first time today, it even had a miss. It was probably 80* outside at the time too.

Last edited:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Mine randomly does the lazy start thing. Ive learned to just not care lol

ford rules

Reaction score
I can hear it just from the vid, usually they are very crisp to start. My truck and my dads start very crisp.

Arent you doing injectors soon? Maybe just wait till you do them and see if that takes care of it?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have the cut injector parts back next week. I just need to order the nozzles (don't think stock nozzles will be good for 205cc's). I am going to clean up the spool valves before I reassemble the injectors, hopefully that will be the issue. I know I'm not being paranoid, I think it got worse since the truck was sitting for several months while waiting for me to finish getting it back together.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
2005s and up all seem to start up faster and with more of a pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
My early 04 hour do the same thing. Sometimes it would have a snappy start and other times is was pretty lazy. I leaned to live with it and didn't have any issues the 70k miles I own it

Latest posts

Members online