Leave it stock? Or Leveling kit?

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I'm not interested in a tire that wide. Probably just end up with a 35x12.50

I think Kings OEM performance setup with your Harley wheels and a 35x12.50 would be perfect. B/c then you would have a really cool suspension setup, leveled like you want, and still run the Factory wheels. It fits every need here.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I am dyin to try the King setup. My only problem is I can't find anyone actually running it. I hate to gamble with that kind of money. I am worried about the short travel on that short of a coil over.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I am dyin to try the King setup. My only problem is I can't find anyone actually running it. I hate to gamble with that kind of money. I am worried about the short travel on that short of a coil over.

I understand that, but just the same...its King. I'm sure they have R&D in the kit and know it rides well. Plus its the last set of shocks you'll ever need to buy. They're rebuildable, and you can purchase different valving if you want.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Actually I just spoke with the tech guy. They have two model #'s for the OEM Perfromance Series for the front:

25001-136
25001-136A

They are both adjustable height wise (up to about 3") with the spring on the coil over. The difference is the "A" model also has Compression Adjustment that controls the flow of the shock oil with 20 different clicks of compression adjustment. I think for about $200 more it would be well worth it.

Reaction score
I stuck to my guns and as much as I wanted to do a 4.5 or 7 inch kit I went with their 2.5 kit with the piggy back shocks all around and adjustable trac bar.

Also ordered som 35x12.50x22 Toyo MT and some 22 inch RBP wheels.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at those ICON piggybacks. Still an option. But I would love to try some kings. I can do the King Coilovers for about the same price:

Screenshot2011-07-08at124412PM.png

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Actually I just spoke with the tech guy. They have two model #'s for the OEM Perfromance Series for the front:

25001-136
25001-136A

They are both adjustable height wise (up to about 3") with the spring on the coil over. The difference is the "A" model also has Compression Adjustment that controls the flow of the shock oil with 20 different clicks of compression adjustment. I think for about $200 more it would be well worth it.

Man honestly I think the king setup's a win-win for you. I don't think you can go wrong here. Adjustable compression settings to add extra comfort, not to mention the perma grin your going to have walking up to your truck and seeing king shocks. Its a no brainer man!!

I stuck to my guns and as much as I wanted to do a 4.5 or 7 inch kit I went with their 2.5 kit with the piggy back shocks all around and adjustable trac bar.

Also ordered som 35x12.50x22 Toyo MT and some 22 inch RBP wheels.

Tell me you went with the 96R's! Even better the Revolver..

Reaction score
One thing that I really liked about the Kings is that for my truck, I would have ran the coilover, and then also run a king rezzie shock next to it in the factory location.

I went with the Icon because I have a better deal so I got it quite a bit cheaper than the King stuff. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on the king kit. Now hurry up cause I wanna see some reviews and pics!

As for my wheels, yes, I got the 96r black with machined face. I really wanted the revolvers but they only come in really wide widths and negative offsets so that wouldnt work on just a leveling kit.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
One thing that I really liked about the Kings is that for my truck, I would have ran the coilover, and then also run a king rezzie shock next to it in the factory location.

I went with the Icon because I have a better deal so I got it quite a bit cheaper than the King stuff. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on the king kit. Now hurry up cause I wanna see some reviews and pics!

As for my wheels, yes, I got the 96r black with machined face. I really wanted the revolvers but they only come in really wide widths and negative offsets so that wouldnt work on just a leveling kit.

96R's are super nice man. Cant go wrong with those.

Aaron S

Reaction score
What about changing the front springs to 2011 factory diesel springs. People seem to say the 2011 trucks are the best riding all around, although I have no personal experience with the front. If you were shooting stockish height.

You should have kept the 4 link and just changed out springs, shocks and steering parts when necessary. Then install some kind of trailing arm or 4 link in the rear with air bags.

My personal preference is 2.5 inches in the front, leveled out with 35x12.5 tires. Its a good compromise between aggressive looks and useability.

The only other thing id like to add or question is. Are the shock manufacurers valving the rear shocks differently for 99-04,08-10, and the 2011 trucks differently? If they dont the rear may bounce quite a bit. My personal experience after installing 2011 leafs, the bilstiens dont cut it any more where they were acceptable on 02 leafs.

Latest posts

Members online