Lets talk PTM the front end

12stroker

Reaction score
There is an adhesion promoter that you first apply to plastic makin the area tacky enough for paint to adhere. If the ad prom isn't applied evenly and correctly then the paint job will not hold. This is usually the main reason most shops won't do the job.

All this chrome to PTM talk has got me itchin to do my grill. It'll be the first thing once the house sells (no free time). I'll make sure to do a detailed thread how-to for those weary of self etching.

Like my paint and the original post our paint isn't in a airsol can like most can find locally.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
8C0-ED2C100B60CA-2234-00000166633CCA6E_zps19c77718.jpg

PSE had this truck posted on FB

Thanks man that is exactly what I was looking for.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
That is defiantly a great looking truck, I wonder where he got the grille. Head lights and fogs look sweet as well.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Like my paint and the original post our paint isn't in a airsol can like most can find locally.

They make a sprayer for the DIY w/out needing a compressor. It uses a can of compressed air w/ a sprayer that has a bottle for auto paint. The sprayer actually atomizes the paint just like the spray guns will. I got mine from jegs.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
That is defiantly a great looking truck, I wonder where he got the grille. Head lights and fogs look sweet as well.

Yes I'm wondering this as well. They match perfectly and it is the same setup I want to keep some chrome and stay away from the blacked out look that everyone else has.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
All those lights are Robert's (plain an simple) work. He's the man. Great guy,
Great product. Have them on my truck with not a single hiccup since installation. Plus it helps blend the truck together so well!
null_zpsfea9b415.jpg

chromehound

Reaction score
Like I already said it's only one additional step sand with 180, self etching primer, epoxy primer is what I prefer next because it requires no sealer and it is strong. Then base coat then the clear

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Does this work for the bumpers as well or just the plastic?

12stroker

Reaction score
Bumpers for them to stay right they need to be sand blast the chrome off or get a painted xl bumper or king ranch bumper that's just what the body shop said.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
wonder how big that lift is ? exact look im going for.

I'm thinking its 4.5" and the wheels look like 22"s with 35's or 37's. that's just guessing looking at that pic and mine side by side from the same angle.

ahu6yja9.jpg

pebu7u6e.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
Painting the textured stuff isn't bad at all... Sanding is the key. Smooth it out and then lay primer down thick. Takes care of any of the imperfections and the paint turns out great.

12stroker

Reaction score
They make a sprayer for the DIY w/out needing a compressor. It uses a can of compressed air w/ a sprayer that has a bottle for auto paint. The sprayer actually atomizes the paint just like the spray guns will. I got mine from jegs.

Yeah I will stick to a base coat clear coat paint job for that.

Latest posts

Members online