Looking for advice for tunes

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I believe I been having some tuning issues as well. I'm running the gh tunes ( Tow, defueled, and fullfuel) and it seems like the trans is just not on point to me with the fullfuel tune. My question is you mentioned flaring. What is flaring, haven't heard that term yet.

It's when the motor is revving but the Trans is slipping, then finally catches and sharply goes into the next gear. Or atleast that's what mine is doing. Mine does it badly sometimes on the 3-5 shift. My GH tune is the only one that does it, although I'm going to change out my direct drive solenoid in the trans as well as having the tune adjusted.

hunterER7

Reaction score
I believe I been having some tuning issues as well. I'm running the gh tunes ( Tow, defueled, and fullfuel) and it seems like the trans is just not on point to me with the fullfuel tune. My question is you mentioned flaring. What is flaring, haven't heard that term yet.

I think what he is referring to is like herpes. He has the occasional "flare" up within the transmission when pushing the truck hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buellstunter

Reaction score
It's when the motor is revving but the Trans is slipping, then finally catches and sharply goes into the next gear. Or atleast that's what mine is doing. Mine does it badly sometimes on the 3-5 shift. My GH tune is the only one that does it, although I'm going to change out my direct drive solenoid in the trans as well as having the tune adjusted.

OK mine seems to loose it's mind from 2-3. feels like it slippes and hesitates to shift somtimes, so I always leave off a bit. Ever since I've had these tunes I'm afraid to jump on it from a stop. I put the pedal down 1/2-3/4 from a stop and 1-2 isn't bad, but deff not as positive a shift as I want. 2-3, it feels like going into 3rd it won't shift if i dont let off. Haven't pushed that issue to see if thats what will happen.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
OK mine seems to loose it's mind from 2-3. feels like it slippes and hesitates to shift somtimes, so I always leave off a bit. Ever since I've had these tunes I'm afraid to jump on it from a stop. I put the pedal down 1/2-3/4 from a stop and 1-2 isn't bad, but deff not as positive a shift as I want. 2-3, it feels like going into 3rd it won't shift if i dont let off. Haven't pushed that issue to see if thats what will happen.

Mine does the same thing.

Minus the herpes. You'll never get rid of that. Lol

Reaction score
Your truck is sweet. I currently have gh and wpe tunes. Gh shifts the best in my truck but I believe but the seat of my pants feeling that wpe might be more powerful.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

hunterER7

Reaction score
Your truck is sweet. I currently have gh and wpe tunes. Gh shifts the best in my truck but I believe but the seat of my pants feeling that wpe might be more powerful.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online