Looking for billet rods asap

ja_cain

Reaction score
They are cryo'd though. Looks like they can handle 2000 hp (definitely need cgi and bedplate to get the most out of them). The Crowers are billets at the same price. Hmax does claim that they are stronger then the billet offerings and lighter than stock rods.

cbf9703

Reaction score
That blows. His build would definitely be an awesome resource for someone wanting to go the compound route. Do you know if he was running a bed plate (probably not) or a girdle and was his block filled at all?

If I remember right, originally it was no, no, and yes, but I've heard the set up has evolved a little since the original build.

Reaction score
I want to say that Charles was running a girdle. I seem to remember him saying that after tearing his motor down from years of abuse, they found the main caps were walking and determined that a girdle does not 100% prevent main cap walk. That's been years ago though, so it's possible I'm thinking of someone else.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I want to say that Charles was running a girdle. I seem to remember him saying that after tearing his motor down from years of abuse, they found the main caps were walking and determined that a girdle does not 100% prevent main cap walk. That's been years ago though, so it's possible I'm thinking of someone else.

That's right. It was some old thread about the cgi blocks and bed plates or something. Might have been on PSN though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That's far enough back, it might have been on TDS.

It.definitely was built during the tds days. But it was tore down after a hg issue during the meat of psn's days. Since this site, we dont hear much from Chuckie Cheese.

ja_cain

Reaction score
It.definitely was built during the tds days. But it was tore down after a hg issue during the meat of psn's days. Since this site, we dont hear much from Chuckie Cheese.
It definitely blows that he doesn't contribute much any more. Though I have spotted him in a thread about mountain biking and that supercharger thread so he is still lurking. He also didn't hesitate to put in his two cents on a zf6 thread not too long ago.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.