Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
No love for Rudys Diesel Transmissions?

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have access to one currently. If a truck comes through the shop for tuning equipped with one, we will be happy to add it.

Chances are, one of the other selections would fit it just fine. There's not a huge variance in programming differences in the aftermarket selections; most of the changes are simply to speed adaptation as everyone's clutch stack heights vary a bit by truck.

We composed what will be in the BETA by averaging adapted readings from trucks equipped with those transmissions listed, and applying the changes to the calibration.

djr4x4

Reaction score
Got the beta file and am very impressed with the calmness of that file but if you wanna get nasty it gets nasty!!! :D:rockon:

joshua5438

Reaction score
I loaded the Beta yesterday at lunch. The weather has been wet here so I didnt get to try out much more than easy driving... and I must say, it acts like a stock truck on the low end. Everything seems to feel a lot tighter and smoother. I am very happy so far. Will let you know the results when I get to play! I am also liking that knob location. I was wondering if I would actually get one since I was trying to decide where to install the knob and did not like the idea of drilling a hole. I like the "factory" look with it installed next to the pedal adjustments. Would be too tempting for people to want to turn in the other location.

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
Loving the new beta file!! Drives great, and very good street manners also it's not smoky like the 310 tune either. Only thing I have found is while going up a steep grade trying to hold 35-40mph the truck wants to keep shifting up. Not that big of a deal I just remember to use tow haul and the problem goes away, but the old tunes never did that, so I figured I would share. Im not sure if it's 5th or OD but my tap shifter says 5. Also not a lockup issue as it still won't lock up til 50

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Got this tune loaded up and it's the balls. Night and day difference from before and it's a pleasure to drive around with. Like everyone has said, great around town manors, but when you want to get down to business... It hooks and books. I've only got about 15 miles on it so far and will leave some more feedback after I get a few more, but inital impression is you guys nailed it with this

djr4x4

Reaction score
Cruising around 70-75... What are others boost at? I'm hoping its just the wind but mine was anywhere from 17psi cruising at 70 and 23-25 psi cruising at 75.. Was my 1st day to actually get some cruising time on it, and that was the only thing that caught my eye.. Like I said tho.. I'm hoping it was just the wind cause its a rather windy day today..Never have notice my boost that high at those speeds on any of the other tunes.

My09Ride

Reaction score
dj.. I am new and just questioned the boost on my 210 tune.... The weather is cold and the diesel love that. I getting 20 to 27 psi boost at low speed and about 15% pedal. I was wonder why??? The cold air is more dense, and the gear oil is much stiffer. I have no Idea what temps are is S. Texas. I also know the wind can ( in an old large car) make you run a gear lower than you'd like. I other words can hit the big gear! I am new and like to share. I'm holding off on the 325

ckrueg

Reaction score
I would guess your ebp sensor is frozen due to the cold weather. These engines try to stay within a psi or 2 of the pressure commanded by the tune and that sounds like to much for empty cruising.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

djr4x4

Reaction score
Cruising at 75 on the 210 tune I am usually right at 12-14 psi.. I'm also at sea level compared to you and its not near as cold here as it is there so I wouldn't dare try and compare mine to yours.. ;).. Gluck in finding out on ur hi boost.. I just swapped back to the 210 for now until the final update is release..

joshua5438

Reaction score
I still have not had a chance to give it a WOT test but I did drive about six hours in the snow with this tune. I was very impressed. If I had been on the 310 tune I would have whiplash from all the rough icy snow covered roads but this tune tones the throttle response down enough that it was smooth sailing. I will admit... I did get on it a few times and it was very quick to respond even though the truck did not move very fast.. haha. I had a lot of stop and go and following people doing 10 mph and the trans never did a rev slam like I have been experiencing with the the 300 tune. If I drove with the 300 tune for several hours without getting on it a little it will almost always slip in stop and go traffic. So far I am impressed! Once this snow and ice clear up I will try a boosted launch and see how it responds.

03silvertj

Reaction score
Awesome! Is all I have to say. Even my girlfriend complimented how easy the truck drives now. She use to get in it and give herself whiplash.

I've asked Jeff this in the past, but I'll ask again just because.

Would it be possible to include an option for those of us with larger fuel tanks? I've got the 67 gallon Titan tank, and it would be nice to see my "miles to empty" calculated correctly again.

sootie

Reaction score
Awesome! Is all I have to say. Even my girlfriend complimented how easy the truck drives now. She use to get in it and give herself whiplash.

I've asked Jeff this in the past, but I'll ask again just because.

Would it be possible to include an option for those of us with larger fuel tanks? I've got the 67 gallon Titan tank, and it would be nice to see my "miles to empty" calculated correctly again.

that can be corrected thru fords diagnostic software-IDS. Open a new session and identify the vehicle. once it is recognised, go to the toolbox and select "module reprogramming". In the "module reprogramming" menu, there is a section called "programmable features", select "Fuel". You will want the "Front fuel tank" and it will have a capacity listed beside it. Click "changed fuel tank" and pick the volume closest to the one you have installed. It will then get you to confirm that you want to the make the changes-hit yes. it will then flash the pcm.

The only disclaimer i want to add is that i have only done this on stock trucks so i dont know how it will fare with your tuning. Maybe return to stock first, i don't know.

gambling209

Reaction score
my miles per gallon have always been off since tuning so I figured the miles to empty where also wrong. are they not linked to each other?