Low ICP at WOT

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I have 190 30's with a thumper #1 and HPODS, I can only hold ICP up to 2ms PW after that it drops off hard

Weird. With my 190/30 and t500 pump I had PLENTY of oil. Even at 2.6 ms of pw I had to tune down Icp a little because it would go above 5.1v and blow the ipr valve open. I think I had to keep ipr DC below .79 or it would build too much pressure.

borsky

Reaction score
Weird. With my 190/30 and t500 pump I had PLENTY of oil. Even at 2.6 ms of pw I had to tune down Icp a little because it would go above 5.1v and blow the ipr valve open. I think I had to keep ipr DC below .79 or it would build too much pressure.

ya I'm having the system tested for leaks, if there isn't any I'm either going to try a stock pump again or another upgraded one. you like the t500? how much did it cost ya?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
ya I'm having the system tested for leaks, if there isn't any I'm either going to try a stock pump again or another upgraded one. you like the t500? how much did it cost ya?

Communication is tough... I cant even get a hold of him to buy another one.

I only got about 5,000 miles on mine, but it has been flawless the whole time and build great ICP.

He only builds the early style pumps. I guess they are VERY similar internally to the 7.3 pumps which he is famous for building. I have a 2006 rcsb project that I might convert back to the early style pump... I was going to with one of the thumper 2 pumps but I keep hearing such mixed reviews

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nothing against rcd but terminator builds great pumps. I wouldnt probably go anywhere else. Does dynoproven do any honey badger pumps for the 6l?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I read people are dialing their icp back.
Are they using software for this, if so what?

I hate being in the middle of nowhere, and getting tunes through email.

I'm still running the last tune I got from Eric about three or four years ago...and have changed setups just as often.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I read people are dialing their icp back.
Are they using software for this, if so what?

I hate being in the middle of nowhere, and getting tunes through email.

I'm still running the last tune I got from Eric about three or four years ago...and have changed setups just as often.

Are you having ICP problems?

The only way I know how is to limit it through tuning... which requires the software or contacting a tuner.

You can buy the SCT tuning software for like $350-$500 for your own truck. There is a pretty steep learning curve but totally worth it IMO.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Are you having ICP problems?

The only way I know how is to limit it through tuning... which requires the software or contacting a tuner.

You can buy the SCT tuning software for like $350-$500 for your own truck. There is a pretty steep learning curve but totally worth it IMO.

I didn't think I was...until I heard about people blowing the IPR open because of too much oil pressure...THAT, I think I have...lol

I have down sized the drive setup on my second pump, and it runs quieter now for sure, and watching the HPOP gauge, it maxes out still, so I'm going to keep backing down the second pump until it stays at 4000 psi at WOT.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I didn't think I was...until I heard about people blowing the IPR open because of too much oil pressure...THAT, I think I have...lol

I have down sized the drive setup on my second pump, and it runs quieter now for sure, and watching the HPOP gauge, it maxes out still, so I'm going to keep backing down the second pump until it stays at 4000 psi at WOT.

Do you monitor ICPv? When mine was blowing open it would cycle between 3.1v - 5.1 and then back down to 3.1. Made the truck lose over 150hp on the dyno and you could literally see, hear, and feel the surging.

If you have the problem then just have your tuner pull back on ICP (limit the IPR duty cycle)

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Here is our dyno pull showing how much power you loose between 3.1v and 4.8v before we pulled it back this was what our entire graph looked like once you went wot.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Here is our dyno pull showing how much power you loose between 3.1v and 4.8v before we pulled it back this was what our entire graph looked like once you went wot.

Reaction score
An update on the truck I was working on. It is currently running a stock hpop that holds better icp than the thumper 1. With the tune that is on the truck now its running about 2.6 ms of PW and holding 3.5-3.6v of icp which imo seems pretty good for stock pump with that much pw. I have tunes that are 1.3,1.5,2ms of pw to try but the customer has been driving the truck and is much happier with it. Will update again when I try these tunes. RCD is retesting the pump for the second time and we will go from there...
What other options are there for hpop in the 05-07 trucks?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Tell me how an injector can bottom out the intensifier piston but still use oil?

thuglike

Reaction score
Nothing against rcd but terminator builds great pumps. I wouldnt probably go anywhere else. Does dynoproven do any honey badger pumps for the 6l?

Yes we do.

Although it's an 03 Swink is running our pump. Maybe he can come in and give his impressions.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Tell me how an injector can bottom out the intensifier piston but still use oil?

That is a good point. Although the spool valve should shut off all the oil and not let anything leak past... That is not always 100% true, I have seen spool valves that leak slightly.

Along the same lines... how can a crappy injector waste oil, or not hold ICP? I have heard many assumptions that someone could not hold ICP because of crappy injectors? If the stock injector spring maxes out around 205cc and the intensifier piston stops moving... then how do they waste HPO?

Also... if you are not able to maintain full ICP and you are running really high PW then it becomes a downward spiral where too much PW will drop your ICP, and dump less fuel without maxing out the intensifier piston. So if you were able to maintain around 4.3v at 2.0ms and only 3.3v at 2.4ms then you are dumping less fuel and you have lower ICP.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm running one of their newer pumps, doing good so far but i have some underlying issues causing it to not shine. Can't hold icp with a hot motor. Hopefully these new 275/100s with fuel pulled will be the ticket.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online