Mad Turbo Werks stage 4

strokin6L

Reaction score
The problem with tony is that he is hard to get ahold of. He wrote me a tune almost a month ago and i've sent him emails on stuff i wanted changed with it and still haven't heard back. It's a good tune if the turbo didn't surge...but i pretty much gave up on trying to get him to adjust it.

doubledrop

Reaction score
The problem with tony is that he is hard to get ahold of. He wrote me a tune almost a month ago and i've sent him emails on stuff i wanted changed with it and still haven't heard back. It's a good tune if the turbo didn't surge...but i pretty much gave up on trying to get him to adjust it.

Also with his family situation sometimes sending him a pm helps. He usually tries to get work handled in mornings if I recall. Emails can get missed but emails with a pm on here or the org seems to help.

Vengeance

Reaction score

Chris,

Sorry about that, I am working on the new tune right now, I will have it to you this morning. Thanks!

Snake

Reaction score
Kind of surprised actually. I had my tune quickly, and Tony followed up to make sure all was well. Made a couple of adjustments for me and its my new favorite. I also know there were a bunch of people running MTW turbos that were having surging issues, and Tony was able to resolve most, if not all, of the problems when other tuners couldn't.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Weird, I didn't know they were having issues with surge on the MTW chargers...Sounds similar to ever larger VGT on the market...

windrunner408

Reaction score
There are only a few MTW chargers that seemed exhibit any surging issues. This is not a problem as a whole but rather has more to do with the specific trucks on which they were being utilized and yes it is mostly noticed on the 05 trucks for some odd reason.

doubledrop

Reaction score
Lovely. I wanna move from my Powermax to an MTW before too long, and have an 05 truck. Lol

windrunner408

Reaction score
You also don't have a Stage 1 or Hybrid either. LOL It's not all 05s though. That's for sure.

doubledrop

Reaction score
I'm possibly gonna hold out for stage 3 or 4 when I do injectors and fuel system, etc. may possibly do a hybrid or stage 1 beforehand though. I just have too much lag w my pmax which I cld prob resolve in tuning jst haven't had time to mess w it.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I hope the member ( e.nickkk ) on here doesn't get mad at me for spilling the beans, and comes on here to tell exactly what he has done. The Nick's truck is not a typical 6.0 powerstroke. He build the engine himself and actually is a engine builder so the engine he built for himself is not same as a most. What did he do I will let him tell you that.

So a little background, I was contacted by the member on here wanting a hybrid to replace the powermax he had. He told me the powermax was way too smokey for his 175/75 injectors. He said he had a lot of fuel pulled but stilled smoked, and wanted the hybrid to clear it. Normal the hybrid does handle 175/75 pretty good, but after he got the hybrid he told me he could add more fuel but still smokey. That when he told me that the heads on his truck flow twice as much as stock, and all the other stuff he did. I told him you need volume of air to get that engine feed, to build boost and make power. Hell he had such a free flowing motor that he couldn't pack the volume of air he needed to run clean.

Ok now the numbers on the dyno, remember this is not typical and I'm just repeating numbers of what he got, and hope he doesn't get mad at me. He is working with a tuner to dial it in so he might get a little more out of it.

MTW stage 4 with 175/75 injectors:: fuel only:
1st run: 587rwhp 1134 torque
2nd run: 591rwhp 1143 torque
3rd run: 588rwhp 1132 torque

MTW stage 4 with 205/100 injectors:: fuel only:
1st run: 631rwhp 1221 torque
2nd run: 656rwhp 1254 torque

I'm sharing numbers and do not wish to argue about track and all that stuff, I will get the proof for him as far as dyno charts, I do not make these numbers up and have a lot of stage 3 and 4 going out all over the states and Canada, so more numbers will be coming in as the year goes on.

I couldn't wait any longer for him to come out on what happen, the turbos
stage 3 and stage 4 are the real deal, I have not or will not cheat anyone, the numbers and results speak for themselves.

Look at the vendor section about some of the other things I have planned for the 6.0 VGT turbos, and am very happy that things are working out for me and the 6.0 powerstrokes. Thanks:fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online