March 2nd phoenix nhrda season opener

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I was in Phoenix today, so I stopped in to see the strictly diesel guys and was reassured that the drag races are a go.

JDub

Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make it, just cancelled my room reservation at the Hampton if someone is looking...better jump on it quick,

Wayne

Reaction score
I don't think I wore a helmet there at all last year lol between my truck and Robert's I made a ton of passes

No helmet required if your tint is dark enough?:shrug: tint is cheaper than a good helmet. I guess it's time to tint my windows:naughty:

8inchstroker

Reaction score
It's on my calendar and it would be a nice way to start my spring. Luckily the old lady lives in Phoenix so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

whos your ol lady? if she gets bored i'm sure i can cheer her her up lol jk:swordfight:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Uh, careful with those jokes, especially with Joe. He's a loose cannon:biggun:, and when he snaps, it's usually your neck he snaps:axe: Just sayin':shrug:

he's a pu$$y cat.

Wayne

Reaction score
The following is an excerpt from an email I got today:

ATTENTION!!
DESERT DIESEL
NATIONALS

The NHRDA has been informed that Speedworld Dragstrip has not secured the temporary permits that would allow them to stay open until the end of May. Speedworld is still trying to secure these permits in time to save the rest of their season but the NHRDA has given the track until February 6th to secure the necessary temporary permits for the Desert Diesel Nationals.

The NHRDA is looking at every available option to secure the running of the 6th Annual Desert Diesel Nationals. The NHRDA is talking with other tracks, trying to come up with a back-up plan for this event.

"We are very disappointed in how things have turned around in the last 2 weeks. Speedworld gave us their word that they would be able to secure the temporary permits that the county would require for the event. We are doing our best to find a plan B for the Desert Diesel Nationals as this is the 2013 MBRP Diesel Drag Racing Series season opener." said Randy Cole, "We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to the racers, fans and sponsors but this is totally out of our hands. We have given Speedworld Dragstrip until February 6th to come up with the permits and to show us the permits."

The NHRDA will pass along info as soon as it becomes available. We want to make sure that the racers, fans and sponsors all get the correct info. Make sure to check www.nhrda.com and
FACEBOOK for all the current info.

HD F250

Reaction score
whos your ol lady? if she gets bored i'm sure i can cheer her her up lol jk:swordfight:

How the *** did I miss this? Anyway, I discussed it with her and she said there was no way a guy with only an 8 inch stroker and an old ugly slow truck could make her happy. :poke:

Thanks Wayne and JD for having my back guys. WTF Mike....LOL

Anyway, still hoping this can be worked out so we can all enjoy a good weekend of racing and meeting up!

ford_trck

Reaction score
The good news is if it is in Tucson I will probably be able to be there since it is 20 minutes from my house!

Wayne

Reaction score
The bad news for Tucson is it's 80 more miles to go for us. The good news is despite the added miles, mapquest says it will take 7 less minutes. What are the average daytime highs for there in early march?

ford_trck

Reaction score
I just moved out here in October but it I have heard that it is 10-20 degrees cooler down here than in Tucson. It is right off I-10 off the Houghton Rd exit

NotStock

Reaction score
If it gets transferred down here and anyone needs a place to park a rig or do some work on it, let me know. We have a lift, welders/mills/lathes/plasma/etc, semi access and a secured lot.

ford_trck

Reaction score
I have some amount of room also at the house that I can help with some repairs if needed. I have the tools needed to do it. Only 15 minutes from the track.

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score
From Facebook:

"DESERT DIESEL NATIONALS CANCELLED:

It is with great disappointment that the NHRDA is cancelling the 6th Annual Desert Diesel Nationals presented by Strictly Diesel. In mid-January Speedworld Dragstrip told the NHRDA they had an agreement with the county and state that the proper permits would be made available to run the Desert Diesel Nationals. Last week the NHRA had to cancel their National Open that was scheduled at Speedworld due to these permits not being available. The NHRDA has spoken with Speedworld Dragstrip and they have informed the NHRDA that they will not be able to secure the needed permits to run the NHRDA event. With the County not granting the temporary permits need to run events at Speedworld, this has forced the NHRDA to cancel the Desert Diesel Nationals.

“This is not something that comes easy for me to have to cancel the 2013 season opener. After having a meeting Monday with the owner of Speedworld an agreement to get the permits and then for the deal to fall apart, it just kills me. We tried to come up with a workable backup plan but with only 3 weeks before the date of the event, we couldn’t come up with a feasible plan that worked for the NHRDA, race tracks, racers, sponsors and fans,” said Randy Cole, president of the NHRDA.

With the cancellation of the Desert Diesel Nationals, the first event for the 2013 MBRP Diesel Drag Racing Series will be the Gator Diesel Drags presented by NAPA Auto Parts, at Gainesville Raceway on March 23rd."

Wayne

Reaction score
:puke:
Well, that's a bummer. I guess I'll plan on seeing as many of you clowns as possible at the next event any of us make it to.

Latest posts

Members online