max powers+towing

bigastrk

Reaction score
As stated before.... you may wanna look into stock fuel and high powers... smokeless setup, awesome power and a towing monster. Plus it would slay just about anything on the street.

So you are saying just run the high powers and all else stock? I understand stock injectors but upgraded low fuel pump? I am new to the whole 6.4 game so please forgive my ignorance.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You will need an air dog to hook to the hp's vgt turbo. Other than that just tune it and go. Look up bigrpower his truck is set up this way and he has a thread on it. 625hp I believe. He has supporting mods as well.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

BFT

Reaction score
only thing other then the turbos that we did on bigrpowr's truck (aside from the fuel block on the engine bay to run the air dog)

IMG_7710.jpg

edit: and 6.0 exhaust manifolds

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
So you are saying just run the high powers and all else stock? I understand stock injectors but upgraded low fuel pump? I am new to the whole 6.4 game so please forgive my ignorance.

Exactly. The reason you have to run the air dog is because the stock fuel dowl needs to be removed to fit the high powers. So, an airdog with the fuel block (in place of the fuel bowl) and a set of turbos put bigrpowers truck over 650 to the ground. Trap speeds show a little better power than that even.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. The reason you have to run the air dog is because the stock fuel dowl needs to be removed to fit the high powers. So, an airdog with the fuel block (in place of the fuel bowl) and a set of turbos put bigrpowers truck over 650 to the ground. Trap speeds show a little better power than that even.

mine did 628, 638, and 647 different dynos, different wastegate adjustments kept the power increasing. trap speed shows 660-675... and the tow tune was extreme street making 558 horse.

BFT

Reaction score
you shouldve seen the other ones we did before tadd got his hands on itLOL

mikey wouldve cried, hahaha

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Air Dog with Elite's upgrade is plenty for future fuel upgrades in my opinion. Just thought I would throw that out there.....even though the post this is in response to is on page 3. LOL

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Shoot it works for me. I have been foaming at the bit to throw these turbos one my truck but I just haven't got around to it. Now that I will be towing the toyhauler on occasion I have to put the towing aspect of it into play. I might try to get a tighter housing on the 66 and see what it does. We are lucky up here to have such cool and dense air so maybe that will play a part in it. Thanks for the help guys.

what about a diverter valve on the HP and a quick spool valve on the LP?

Garrett

bigastrk

Reaction score
I just saw the post from MPD and they are running a single 66 and towing with it so why not add my 82 to the mix and be that much more air. Maybe run 60hp sticks and just have a hot street and tow capable truck. Tuning will be another issue I will have to overcome. There is nobody even close to me that tunes.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Innovative has single turbo option in there newest tune version and the one coming out this week has overdrive lock out til 70-75 and will help alot also with towing

Latest posts

Members online