max powers+towing

bigastrk

Reaction score
I am going to keep looking into this a bit more. I think with MPD running that 66 on his with results that I am looking for in my setup my set of turbos may work out. I will probably have to buy another 66 though cause I was looking further into it and I have a 66mm compressor with a 65mm exhaust wheel with a .81 A/R housing. Lol no wonder it spooled up well on my 6.0. My drive pressures were still almost one to one.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I just saw the post from MPD and they are running a single 66 and towing with it so why not add my 82 to the mix and be that much more air. Maybe run 60hp sticks and just have a hot street and tow capable truck. Tuning will be another issue I will have to overcome. There is nobody even close to me that tunes.

a secondary spools slower in a set of twins than it would as a single.

Garrett

bigastrk

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse but do you think something like this will help with spool to alleviate the need for a VGT turbo?

Attachments

• Track_Master_Divertor-_10-28-2010.pdf
    306.1 KB · Views: 49

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i guarantee the max powers with 110's and dual fuelers or II pump will tow better than a single non VGT with stock injectors ... by a landslide. tuning may play a small part, but with the VGT and when the atmosphere turbo begins to light... it will tow like a champ. the max powers will not work with stock injectors and pump though.

bigastrk

Reaction score
I was leaning more towards 60 horse injectors. But since I originally started this idea with my 350 and 3.73 gears the 60's may have worked. But now on the 450 with 4.30's the 110's may be the only option. The question i have to answer is if it's worth it to tear into the truck and take a chance of causing more headaches than its worth.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was leaning more towards 60 horse injectors. But since I originally started this idea with my 350 and 3.73 gears the 60's may have worked. But now on the 450 with 4.30's the 110's may be the only option. The question i have to answer is if it's worth it to tear into the truck and take a chance of causing more headaches than its worth.

yeah, thats a tough one. i would want a max power setup with cast wheels. not quite as much power, but no worry of the wheel coming apart after long extended high heat high boost pulls up grades, etc. 60's would prolly work just fine, i was just stating what i thought the biggest injector that would work. i would say 85's would be the ticket. it will prolly make 700 in a tow tune and never break 1400* with 10k+ behind the truck.

Latest posts

Members online