Mini Max & bully dog head units

TD-5

Reaction score
Hey, just thinking out loud & putting this out there for those that know a lot more about this than me.
Would it be possible to copy the programming (firmware) from a Mini Max head unit into one of Bully-dogs' head units such as the Watchdog or GT Diesel programmer so the Bully could be used for Mini Max tuning.
As we are S**T Out of Luck with genuine H&S tuners now, It would be nice to figure out a way to have a back up head unit with out paying through the nose for another Mini Max when/should the occasion arise.

DWhite

Reaction score
That is a good thought and question. Assuming they have the same type of chips and circuit boards within it should be as simple as erasing one and copying the h&s files/stuff and transfer it over. I havent seen one of the bullydog ones but from pictures it looks like the exact same head unit. Maybe a computer programmer savy person will chime in. I don't see why it work if they both are the same aside from the files installed on it.

RescueF250

Reaction score
This has been done already an are knock offs. Im not the only one who has seen this, these knock off units, have also crashed during mcc upload as well. Some have work, others have not. If you make or have a knock its not H&S responsbility if something happens so all buyers beware if you find them like this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yep theyre all over ebay for $1695 being sold as new hs minimaxx. they are hacked bully dog with the name scratched off. many end up having issues and mcc is a dicey game. hilljacks doing them in their garage in indiana and ohio . buyer beware, no support whatsoever. if they arent being sold by me , or rudy's, or another reputable shop, chances are they are NOT legit .

Last edited:

Rubenk

Reaction score
Was just talking about this today with a friend. A bit of searching turned up posts by H&S saying their hardware is identical but H&S loaded all their own software. I'd like to see a more legit mod done to them compared to the eBay ripoff ones!

Anybody have a toasted mini or bullydog GT they'd send me....for science?

Reaction score
yep theyre all over ebay for $1695 being sold as new hs minimaxx. they are hacked bully dog with the name scratched off. many end up having issues and mcc is a dicey game. hilljacks doing them in their garage in indiana and ohio . buyer beware, no support whatsoever. if they arent being sold by me , or rudy's, or another reputable shop, chances are they are NOT legit .

This. And in all honesty, there are other products on the market now, with current support, that do everything and more than an H&S.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This. And in all honesty, there are other products on the market now, with current support, that do everything and more than an H&S.

what products ? i still have plenty of new minimaxx's that do include support. torque tech is gone so thats out.

TD-5

Reaction score
Was just talking about this today with a friend. A bit of searching turned up posts by H&S saying their hardware is identical but H&S loaded all their own software. I'd like to see a more legit mod done to them compared to the eBay ripoff ones!

Anybody have a toasted mini or bullydog GT they'd send me....for science?

This is an old post, but basically confirms what you say, They both purchased their hardware from the same Manufacturer & then programmed it to suit their needs
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3.../409471-bully-dog-pmt-vs-h-s-mini-maxx-2.html

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is an old post, but basically confirms what you say, They both purchased their hardware from the same Manufacturer & then programmed it to suit their needs
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3.../409471-bully-dog-pmt-vs-h-s-mini-maxx-2.html

this has NEVER been a secret . now its just a matter of who has legit ones, and who has ones with scratches on the face and finger prints on the inside of the screen , and glue bulging out where they glued the thing back together. the price can be right but they are very hit and miss , and a pretty risky bet at $1700 or whatever those animals are selling them for at the moment. i think its ok they are sold and how its done, but these should be listed as such , and they are not.

Rubenk

Reaction score

Yea thats the one. I found another one where h&s was going to help someone turn their bd into a mm, but never seen confirmation if it worked.

this has NEVER been a secret . now its just a matter of who has legit ones, and who has ones with scratches on the face and finger prints on the inside of the screen , and glue bulging out where they glued the thing back together. the price can be right but they are very hit and miss , and a pretty risky bet at $1700 or whatever those animals are selling them for at the moment. i think its ok they are sold and how its done, but these should be listed as such , and they are not.

Agreed, different story if they're done cleanly and sold for 300$!

Azraie218

Reaction score
I was looking on SCT sight and I thought I seen their custom tuning program forsale..... Wouldn't that pretty well do the same as mcc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azraie218

Reaction score
Also is EFI ever going to be offered for fords? I heard that they were looking in to it a while back but haven't heard any thing since then.... I'd like to get rid of my H&S tuner and go to something else that still well in business lol I've ran Spartan on my other trucks and loved it but they still don't have any thing offered for the 13 and up trucks....

Reaction score
Also is EFI ever going to be offered for fords? I heard that they were looking in to it a while back but haven't heard any thing since then.... I'd like to get rid of my H&S tuner and go to something else that still well in business lol I've ran Spartan on my other trucks and loved it but they still don't have any thing offered for the 13 and up trucks....

Doubtful. They are currently finishing development 10-15 Cummins support, which is being done for the rest of this year. Compared to everyone else, EFILive is a very small company. Depending on controller changes for next year, they may work on some Ford support but it would most likely be 6.7 only, since that's a Bosch controller.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Doubtful. They are currently finishing development 10-15 Cummins support, which is being done for the rest of this year. Compared to everyone else, EFILive is a very small company. Depending on controller changes for next year, they may work on some Ford support but it would most likely be 6.7 only, since that's a Bosch controller.

I think next on the list is the 03-05 Cummins support but I could be wrong on that. That's what I heard last though.

Latest posts

Members online