More Aftermarket Switches

bpan

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have added more switches to your trucks and where you put them, my upfitter switches are all full and I need more! I was thinking either right in front of the cup holders or below the steering wheel.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Have not put any on my personal truck but installed many on fleet trucks. I always put them below the steering wheel to the left side towards the door. Makes for an easy clean install as the plastic pieces are easy to remove and drill and run wiring. You could put more on the center console but running the wires will be harder and more time consuming.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Check out switch pros sp-8, I just put one in my fj and a customers Denali. 100% waterproof, plug and play harness, super easy to install. super impressed with them.

bpan

Reaction score
Have not put any on my personal truck but installed many on fleet trucks. I always put them below the steering wheel to the left side towards the door. Makes for an easy clean install as the plastic pieces are easy to remove and drill and run wiring. You could put more on the center console but running the wires will be harder and more time consuming.
Okay that is kind of what I was thinking, the one thing is I would like easy access while driving to at least one switch, (which would be winch in/out). Maybe ill mount this beside the shift colum?

Check out switch pros sp-8, I just put one in my fj and a customers Denali. 100% waterproof, plug and play harness, super easy to install. super impressed with them.
Wow this would be perfect! I wish I would have known about this before I ordered the switches yesterday. I ordered a bunch of "Blue Sea Systems - Contour III" switches commonly used in marine applications.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Wow this would be perfect! I wish I would have known about this before I ordered the switches yesterday. I ordered a bunch of "Blue Sea Systems - Contour III" switches commonly used in marine applications.

You can always return them! You wouldn't regret the sp-8! It's so simple and clean. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
pretty cool new product out called Ride Controller

The problem with ride controller is that it lacks in cab switches. It is only controlled by Bluetooth. A slick product, but the option of controlling the accessories in cab with a switch is a major plus from the sp-8 in my opinion.

Last edited:

bpan

Reaction score
Hi, figured I did not need to start a new thread for this but does anyone have pictures of our trucks WITHOUT the factory Ford upfitter switches? Is it just a blank panel that goes in there? Also are the upfitter switches able to be disassembled one by one or are they only a complete set of 4?
Thanks Guys!

co04cobra

Reaction score
If you don't have the TBC you could add another set of factory upfitter switches there.

Either way the upfitter setup is a complete stand alone with relays built into the harness that can be added anywhere.

I know you said you already bought some but just food for thought.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I added the upfitters on my truck but here is the piece that was there before. I don't know if this will help you at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 139

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I added the upfitters on my truck but here is the piece that was there before. I don't know if this will help you at all.
How hard was it to add the factory upfitters? Really want them in my truck and considering ordering the switches and harness tonight. Literally annoys me every time I look at that stupid coin holder lol

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia

stevens6.7

Reaction score
How hard was it to add the factory upfitters? Really want them in my truck and considering ordering the switches and harness tonight. Literally annoys me every time I look at that stupid coin holder lol

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia

It's very simple! Just route the harness the way you want it.

bpan

Reaction score

Thank you for the picture. It is perfect, a little disappointing considering what I was planning but we will make it work. You wouldn't want to sell that piece all of a sudden would you?

drservo

Reaction score
Just curious as to what all yall hook up to use that many switches?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
For those looking to install the upfitter switches. Found this PDF file... extremely well written up. Might not be able to open on your phone.

Attachments

• InstallUpfitters.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 302

GregW

Reaction score
These are in my 6.4, but can be done the same way in a 6.7. Removed the useless cubby/ashtray, and added a set of oem upfitters for a 6.0 that I picked up off eBay for $60. The panel was cut from a scrap of tinted lexan i had laying around, and easy to reach while driving

4d723a1121f2e8eb5ec9f03eb6c1fb3f.jpg
d97660c75fdc209e8853a07d25b23465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
These are in my 6.4, but can be done the same way in a 6.7. Removed the useless cubby/ashtray, and added a set of oem upfitters for a 6.0 that I picked up off eBay for $60. The panel was cut from a scrap of tinted lexan i had laying around, and easy to reach while driving

4d723a1121f2e8eb5ec9f03eb6c1fb3f.jpg
d97660c75fdc209e8853a07d25b23465.jpg

So you have 2 upfitter switch stacks?

GregW

Reaction score
So you have 2 upfitter switch stacks?

Correct. The 2nd set (pictured) are wired to work even with the key off. They run my compressor, light bar, flush mounts in the rear bumper, and bed lights.

The 1st set in the factory location are for high idle, BCP, and I'll be adding a cell signal booster eventually that'll be wired into it as well.

Latest posts

Members online