MPD Budget Turbo kit install

Reaction score
There are some truck engines such as the Maxxforce 11-13L/Cat CT11-13L that do NOT use a exhaust manifold to turbo gasket. The matting surfaces were designed and machined true/flat to not accommodate for a gasket. They rely on the flat machined surfaces and bolt torque instead of a gasket to seal everything up. With that said, the OPs turbo and exhaust manifold pedestal were almost guaranteed to be designed and ran with a turbo gasket and definitely should have been ran with a gasket otherwise they will leak. Its all in how the manufacture designs their set up though.

tigwerks

Reaction score
huh? the purpose of a gasket is to keep the pressure where it belongs. if gaskets are being blown, that means pressure is escaping. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

between very intense exhaust temps and psi ive seen some gaskets destroyed. When i was doing exotic turbo stuff at my last job we didnt use exhaust gaskets on the turbos and had no issues with leaks.

williamallen13

Reaction score
When I installed the gasket it did help some with the boost but that wasn't the main problem. The problem seemed to be with something with the tuning. The latest tune I've gotten from PIP helps the turbo spool faster but I still haven't seen anything above 31 psi and my mileage is at 12-14 mpg's. I can guarantee there are no leaks because I made a cap with an air fitting threaded into it and pressurized the intake to 30 psi and there were no leaks. I did this when the engine was cold and when it was at operating temperature. I also added an egt probe and my temps stay between 500-700 and sometimes go over 900 when I get on it. This is the latest tuned video. Does anyone know what's the max boost I should be seeing and if this spooling looks to be correct for my set up with the s363? I have seen my fuel rail pressure up to 29,500 psi and regularly at 28000 at wot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4RFzhULpfA

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Definitely cracked one of the camshafts. Have you tried checking the valve lashing?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Slow spooling usually means something in the valve train is hurt. Luckily its an overhead cam motor.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

williamallen13

Reaction score
Imo the latest tune has the spooling a little better then what I've seen some s366's spooling at. It gets the boost up to 10 psi by about 1800 to 2000 rpms and quickly climbs from there. I did get boost to 33 earlier this morning on the highway while doing about 60. I floored it and boosts topped out at about 33 on my torque app but looked higher on my dash. They're usually the same though.
What could cause a cracked cam and what other symptoms could I be looking for?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
It depends on how big of tune your running. It your running a performance tune usually 1330-1440 pw, your peak would be around 39-42psi and it should stay at 36-40 psi between the peaks at wot.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
running PIP tunes that you stole ! after all the help they have been to you , even when your dumb ass improperly installed a turbo kit and complained that the tunes were the problem and they rush fixed them for you, for no reason ! then they've continued to support the product YOU purchased , and you are disputing the charges saying " you didn't receive the goods " ... you are low, and now this entire site knows about it. thanks for being a great customer .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
When I installed the gasket it did help some with the boost but that wasn't the main problem. The problem seemed to be with something with the tuning. The latest tune I've gotten from PIP helps the turbo spool faster but I still haven't seen anything above 31 psi and my mileage is at 12-14 mpg's. I can guarantee there are no leaks because I made a cap with an air fitting threaded into it and pressurized the intake to 30 psi and there were no leaks. I did this when the engine was cold and when it was at operating temperature. I also added an egt probe and my temps stay between 500-700 and sometimes go over 900 when I get on it. This is the latest tuned video. Does anyone know what's the max boost I should be seeing and if this spooling looks to be correct for my set up with the s363? I have seen my fuel rail pressure up to 29,500 psi and regularly at 28000 at wot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4RFzhULpfA

I would put about 120 psi to that cap and see if that helps track down the leaks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
running PIP tunes that you stole ! after all the help they have been to you , even when your dumb ass improperly installed a turbo kit and complained that the tunes were the problem and they rush fixed them for you, for no reason ! then they've continued to support the product YOU purchased , and you are disputing the charges saying " you didn't receive the goods " ... you are low, and now this entire site knows about it. thanks for being a great customer .
whaaaaaat?!! that's bullchit

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

williamallen13

Reaction score
The only refund I got was from your extra $100 charge that you admitted you screwed up when your employee told me the tunes cost $350 and I was even sent the 2 receipts showing 1 for $100 and then 1 for $250. I told you the unauthorized charge would get refunded. I stopped the dispute refund for the $350 since PIP finally started helping me but to this day they are still sending me tunes trying to get it running right.
These are the receipts I got so why do you think your employee can screw up and then you can go and charge whatever you want to someone' credit card. Goes to show you the quality of your customer service. Believe me there's plenty on this and other sites that know you don't reply to emails and once someone pays for something the customer service stops there. Check put these receipts and tell me where you sent me another receipt or email saying you'd charge me an extra $100? Much less call me and say we screwed up you owe us another $100.
Maybe you should use this as a learning experience?
no_limit_receipt_3025_100-page-001.jpg

no_limit_receipt_3026_249-page-001.jpg

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've never had any issues with Mike and no limit fab. He's always went above and beyond to help me even on weekends and nights. We txt and keep in touch and I consider him a good friend. I don't believe for one minute that he tried screwing you. He has the best customer service and anyone on the internet knows that so your not hurting him, only yourself.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The only refund I got was from your extra $100 charge that you admitted you screwed up when your employee told me the tunes cost $350 and I was even sent the 2 receipts showing 1 for $100 and then 1 for $250. I told you the unauthorized charge would get refunded. I stopped the dispute refund for the $350 since PIP finally started helping me but to this day they are still sending me tunes trying to get it running right.
These are the receipts I got so why do you think your employee can screw up and then you can go and charge whatever you want to someone' credit card. Goes to show you the quality of your customer service. Believe me there's plenty on this and other sites that know you don't reply to emails and once someone pays for something the customer service stops there. Check put these receipts and tell me where you sent me another receipt or email saying you'd charge me an extra $100? Much less call me and say we screwed up you owe us another $100.
Maybe you should use this as a learning experience?
no_limit_receipt_3025_100-page-001.jpg

no_limit_receipt_3026_249-page-001.jpg

you haven't dropped any charge back disputes, you disputed ALL charges as goods and services were never provided, making you a thief. and coming from the guy who doesn't know how to go wide open throttle nor how to properly install your equipment and blame others, it appears you need a hell of a lot more than a learning experience. our customer service speaks for itself , far and wide, hence why we have such a good reputation. say what you will , but unfortunately you are a thief , and a liar. yep , my sales guy didnt properly charge you, and guess what fair enough i have NO problem eating the $100 charge for an employee mistake, but i have no tolerance for someone of the likes of you who feel you don't have to pay for services rendered. we simply resold the tunes to you, and the fact you did a charge back on that shows your integrity. i can live without the money , and it appears in your quest for power you cant live without the money. best of luck to you in life, you're going to need it .

bdm1981

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you guys need to go to Facebook and get some social interaction there. This is a very useful forum and a lot of guys like Mike have a great reputation. He along with others have been very helpful in my build. Whining and crying on here isn't gonna get you anywhere. You may as well leave and go somewhere else and save us the headache of having to deal with idiots such as yourself. Smdh....

Latest posts

Members online