MPD oil cooler/filter delete plate

smokinstroker

Reaction score
So basically by the sounds of it -12 is the way to go with all this. Just gonna hunt down a cooler from Summit now and starting trying to fit things behind the bumper.

Whats everyones thoughts on the parker push lok hose? Its easy to work with and has a 300psi working PSI, just need to find out the working temp?

Push lock is used very often, make sure you seat the hose all the way on. Any hydraulic shop should be able to set you up with some fire sleeving for the engine bay which may be a good idea around metal or high heat areas.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've used push lok a lot and its what I plumbed my entire fuel system with and it works great. Didn't think about the fire sleeving which is a very good idea. It bends and keeps the hose open with out kinking which is why I love it so much... even more with something like this where theres a lot of bends and twists.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
after a little more research, the carquest filter # 85832 pictured in BPD's kit crosses over to a donaldson # p551604 which has the same thread size/pitch and the exact same size gasket od/id with a 14 micron rating. so its an exact match for filter head wise with the one i posted above, and the filter has much better micron rating than the factory ford oil filters.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
That's some good research. Gonna order up the head and filter now. Cooler from Chris at Bent performance will ship tomorrow or so and once I get an idea of fittment I'll be ordering fittings

Thanks for the help so far guys

CT9AIX

Reaction score
what cooler you end up going with? i tried finding one they made with a -12 in/outlet but it looks like all they have is -10. any insight if that really makes any difference if all other plumbing into and out of the cooler would be -12? or does the fact were feeding and returning oil to the engine with such large volume hose/fittings negate that small neck down at the cooler?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I went with the 25 row single pass. Its for sheer volume. The cooler lines inside the cooler I would bet are smaller than -12.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
yeah, i didnt catch that the first time, but after a second look i noticed they tell you approx how much fluid the cooler holds internally which is nice. i'm going to have to get ahold of chris and see if he can hook me up too!

buck russell

Reaction score
So basically by the sounds of it -12 is the way to go with all this. Just gonna hunt down a cooler from Summit now and starting trying to fit things behind the bumper.

Whats everyones thoughts on the parker push lok hose? Its easy to work with and has a 300psi working PSI, just need to find out the working temp?

Depends on which Parker product you're looking at and which product line you're pulling the parts from...

We sell parker here at work and have access to their entire product line. Shoot me a part number or a pic of what you're looking at and I can help you out. Not going to try to sell you anything, just confirm or deny whether or not you're using the right part.

Cheers

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I appreciate it. Once I get to the shop tomm I'll get some specific info off the hose and shoot you a PM.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I haven't yet. It will be mocked up tomorrow. I went a different route cooler wise. Went oil to water.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Don't have to deal with another thermostat and tbe truck sees a ton of stop n go traffic. Figured this would be better for my application. I have both setups though and will mock both up to see what I like best and if I will have any issues with either. I'll make the final decision tomorrow night.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Don't have to deal with another thermostat and tbe truck sees a ton of stop n go traffic. Figured this would be better for my application. I have both setups though and will mock both up to see what I like best and if I will have any issues with either. I'll make the final decision tomorrow night.

Definitely post pics of this when you do you. I'd like to get rid of the stock cooler on my rebuild and never even thought of anything but air-cooled.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

ford rules

Reaction score
Im going air cooled, im kind of worried about low speed temps without much air. Especially at the dunes. I guess i will see what happens, and if i have issues im gonna go to electric fans and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.