My 6.7 venture

Jomax

Reaction score
Going to a local diesel drag race tomorrow and have a question on the 6.7s. Bone stock. What's the best way to run it down the track? Traction control off? Tow haul?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Cool. Didn't know if you added one when you added onto the shop.

Unfortunately not yet

Going to a local diesel drag race tomorrow and have a question on the 6.7s. Bone stock. What's the best way to run it down the track? Traction control off? Tow haul?

Mine always seemed to be faster in manual mode stock since it makes the converter lock. The factory Trans tune is sloppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet

Mine always seemed to be faster in manual mode stock since it makes the converter lock. The factory Trans tune is sloppy.

It's bracket racing so don't really care for speed just consistency. Trac control off plus advanced trac? Or leave them on?

Reaction score
It's bracket racing so don't really care for speed just consistency. Trac control off plus advanced trac? Or leave them on?

Yeah basically.

But I will be there to see how fast it will go as well.

64330b440ea97d08bdc8de49688aced3.jpg

Rudy's bound!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well, only able to make 4 passes. Did okay one fuel for a stock appearing turbo and pump.
7c4f53509e51328b6fd80751e3f2e247.jpg
times show somewhere in the 740 range at the tires which validates the dyno readings. I think it can probably go 7.2 with a little more seat time in the truck. Absolutely smooth on the take offs and no spinning at all. This converter is loose enough I can leave at 2500 which was the best time and mph I had. Ran a nitrous pass with both stages on blew a boot off the intercooler at mid track somewhere and backfired. Still coasted across the beams in 7.5 sec @ only 80mph so it was definitely moving to get there that quick without the mph. Engine seems okay, it made another pass after that.

Our local track opened this weekend (ironically and much closer than the 14 hour drive to Rudy's) so I will get there in the next week or two to see if we can get into the 6's on a stock appearing engine setup. Then it's on to more fuel and a cage...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, only able to make 4 passes. Did okay one fuel for a stock appearing turbo and pump.
7c4f53509e51328b6fd80751e3f2e247.jpg
times show somewhere in the 740 range at the tires which validates the dyno readings. I think it can probably go 7.2 with a little more seat time in the truck. Absolutely smooth on the take offs and no spinning at all. This converter is loose enough I can leave at 2500 which was the best time and mph I had. Ran a nitrous pass with both stages on blew a boot off the intercooler at mid track somewhere and backfired. Still coasted across the beams in 7.5 sec @ only 80mph so it was definitely moving to get there that quick without the mph. Engine seems okay, it made another pass after that.

Our local track opened this weekend (ironically and much closer than the 14 hour drive to Rudy's) so I will get there in the next week or two to see if we can get into the 6's on a stock appearing engine setup. Then it's on to more fuel and a cage...

that is freekin bad ass!! maybe i should go back to DD'ing the dually and make my 6.7 a workstock truck! lol....

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Well, haven't done much. Been to the strip again. Times were consistent. We changed the truck from 3.31 to 3.73. That made a big difference. Need to get it back to the track. Other than that just been puttin miles on it and driving it. Added a kenwood touchscreen and backup camera. Other than that it has been a pleasure to drive. Oh, and I had to put a cargo board in to keep things from hitting the bottle lol...
34daba6add5b138ea9853a832beb5f2e.jpg

Going to add dual fuelers back on so we can break to 1000hp mark at ts. Also have a new prototype 66 that James thinks may make about the same as the 68 that was on it. As soon as the dyno testing is done and we have some results we will start selling these turbos!

Hope to see you guys at TS!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, haven't done much. Been to the strip again. Times were consistent. We changed the truck from 3.31 to 3.73. That made a big difference. Need to get it back to the track. Other than that just been puttin miles on it and driving it. Added a kenwood touchscreen and backup camera. Other than that it has been a pleasure to drive. Oh, and I had to put a cargo board in to keep things from hitting the bottle lol...
34daba6add5b138ea9853a832beb5f2e.jpg

Going to add dual fuelers back on so we can break to 1000hp mark at ts. Also have a new prototype 66 that James thinks may make about the same as the 68 that was on it. As soon as the dyno testing is done and we have some results we will start selling these turbos!

Hope to see you guys at TS!!!!

soooo, its a stock appearing 66 that will match the 68?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online