My 6.7 venture

HD F250

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this project come to life. Thanks for pushing to get our Ford's some real recognition and power. Keep it up Morgan!

Reaction score
Looks good man. What type of lift gate is it? Do you have photos of it installed? I could possibly have a buyer if it's the same brand my friend has on his other trucks.

It's a tommy gate brand. It has the aluminum platform. It all worked as we had to take rides on it before removing. Wish I had a need for it.

Just curious, how come you don't like the secondary system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Basically it's not needed. With that being said, I have enough experience with air to water to say that unless your running cold or ice water through it that it will not cool as well on the road as a large air to air at ambient vs the secondary cooling system temps that can reach 150-190 degrees to cool charge air.

That "Y" to the intake manifolds is super clean, nice job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Really like that intake Y. Everything looks sweet!!!

Yeah it's one of the things that I'm happy with. I like that it sits lower due to the appropriate sizing of the one into two piping. I'm really looking forward to see how it all turns out. The compound piping is what I am really exited about. We will get some finished pics by this weekend on the test truck.

MorganY

Reaction score
It's a tommy gate brand. It has the aluminum platform. It all worked as we had to take rides on it before removing. Wish I had a need for it.

Basically it's not needed. With that being said, I have enough experience with air to water to say that unless your running cold or ice water through it that it will not cool as well on the road as a large air to air at ambient vs the secondary cooling system temps that can reach 150-190 degrees to cool charge air.

Yeah it's one of the things that I'm happy with. I like that it sits lower due to the appropriate sizing of the one into two piping. I'm really looking forward to see how it all turns out. The compound piping is what I am really exited about. We will get some finished pics by this weekend on the test truck.

I see. FWIW. The intercooler doesn't see those temps. Only the egr and trans cooler can see above ~145. Just going to run the other coolers off of the primary system?

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A water to air works great for a dyno-queen or a sled puller. At faster speeds the air to air becomes much more efficient.
I like the way the guy building this truck thinks :thumb

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Put the tommy gate back on it for the sleeper look! Haha and I vote 4x4. I've never been fond of the way 2wd diesels look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I see. FWIW. The intercooler doesn't see those temps. Only the egr and trans cooler can see above ~145. Secondary has two stages. Just going to run the other coolers off of the primary system?

After the egr is taken off the secondary system does not experience the heat near as high. Correct. Still the secondary system cools the trans and fuel along with boost. Actually I've seen (not on a 6.7 since I haven't tested one but other engines I've dynoed) pre-cac temps reach 300+*F. So under boost there is a lot of heat to remove. More so when towing heavy.

But regardless I will have air to fuel cooler and probably air to trans as well. I haven't found a good water path to allow to keep the trans system running a fluid heat exchanger.

There is a lot of experiments for sure. But I know 99% of people don't need all that I'm doing. But from all the competition vehicles I've built, simpler is better for success. If it's less cluttered and easier to work on there's a better chance it will be more enjoyable than challenging. Hopefully it turns out as good as it's pictured in my mind.

It's not my main vehicle and I want to try things. If they do or don't work at least we can learn from them. Someone once told me sometimes you have to try things that you don't think will work to find out what does.

And if all fails, NOS

MorganY

Reaction score
After the egr is taken off the secondary system does not experience the heat near as high. Correct. Still the secondary system cools the trans and fuel along with boost. Actually I've seen (not on a 6.7 since I haven't tested one but other engines I've dynoed) pre-cac temps reach 300+*F. So under boost there is a lot of heat to remove. More so when towing heavy.

But regardless I will have air to fuel cooler and probably air to trans as well. I haven't found a good water path to allow to keep the trans system running a fluid heat exchanger.

There is a lot of experiments for sure. But I know 99% of people don't need all that I'm doing. But from all the competition vehicles I've built, simpler is better for success. If it's less cluttered and easier to work on there's a better chance it will be more enjoyable than challenging. Hopefully it turns out as good as it's pictured in my mind.

It's not my main vehicle and I want to try things. If they do or don't work at least we can learn from them. Someone once told me sometimes you have to try things that you don't think will work to find out what does.

And if all fails, NOS

I haven't had those experiences, that's why I asked. I like to learn. My decisions are based off of paper lol.

Reaction score
Believe me I'm just going off what I'm hoping to happen. You don't bother me at all. In fact I'm surprised I haven't had more people question dropping the secondary cooling system. Touché lol

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can tell you for certain during an extended brake stall I sometimes will boil the secondary system over just a bit. That is factory water to air cooler. Heat from tc stall, plus some heat from boost. Egr is no longer present.
That is the main reason I asked about the air to air kit.
Nothing like puking coolant on the track and then sliding in it.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I can tell you for certain during an extended brake stall we sometimes will boil the secondary system over just a bit. That is factory water to air cooler. Heat from tc stall, plus some heat from boost. Egr is no longer present.
That is the main reason I asked about the air to air kit.
Nothing like puking coolant on the track and then sliding in it.

who is we ?

Latest posts

Members online