My mini build before the build

bricewise

Reaction score
Got the new Tune to try from Tadd. Installed it but it's raining so hard went around a few blocks and came back to the garage. Traction control light works. LOL

Sorry man been completely slammed at work. I'm pretty happy with my kit. Its being daily driven about 50 miles a day. Builds boost and very little smoke but Im driving it on the tow tune.

I can get you guys when exactly it spools up tomorrow but don't know off top of my head.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So where see you guys spooling at? I know 4 ever boosted truck spools like a dream. But 1800rpm is unacceptable especially if towing. Reason I point this out is because I watched on this forum mikey try multiple turbos until he found a content turbo that spooled properly.

if 1800 is unacceptable don't try towing with a diesel. lighting at 1800 is phenomenal , my 64.5 is usually lit at about 1900 or so and towed my 24ft enclosed at maybe 7-8000 lbs absolutely smoke free, cool and awesome. if you're referring to me about trying multiple turbos, the 63 was even quicker but I never towed. you could EASILY tow with a billet 66 , make 680 on a ig tune, but tow around 500 on a low pw tune.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
if 1800 is unacceptable don't try towing with a diesel. lighting at 1800 is phenomenal , my 64.5 is usually lit at about 1900 or so and towed my 24ft enclosed at maybe 7-8000 lbs absolutely smoke free, cool and awesome. if you're referring to me about trying multiple turbos, the 63 was even quicker but I never towed. you could EASILY tow with a billet 66 , make 680 on a ig tune, but tow around 500 on a low pw tune.

Just curious why you would advise towing at a low hp tune vs a big hp tune?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious why you would advise towing at a low hp tune vs a big hp tune?

to keep the power and heat out of it. that's hard on everything including the trans.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If the temps stay low would a person be okay?

yeah for the engine , but the more power you're making , the harder it is on the drive train. towing you wanna keep the power as low as possible with good characteristics. if it lights early like 1800 then it will have all the torque you could possibly need.

bricewise

Reaction score
Sorry for the shotty camera work tried to do a couple quick videos on way to breakfast.

But here is a couple videos of "normal" acceleration, H&S is showing RPM, boost, EGT and BP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9z7SqZKpts

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ahhx5pY6Dc

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'll let you guys form your own opinions, I like it.

Last edited:

bricewise

Reaction score
How are you liking the truck so far? Got it dailed in yet?

I like it. I want to try a 71mm precision but still waiting on an estimate from Elite or compounds but that's only because I have trouble being patient.

I'm running a gearhead tune and seeing close 35 PSI so not sure why dseilter is only seeing 30. I really wish I had time to get this thing on dyno or track but its been so hectic. Just got back from Alaska. Maybe in a couple I'll get some time.

bricewise

Reaction score
Weight it then get to the line 12 lbs of boost light turns green floor it.... Or message BigRPower he knows hahaha

You forgot to mention drive her straight. I'm in the same boat Gfulton but there is a first time for everything right?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yup you have to learn some how. Oh and floor it when the last amber light turns on not when the light turns green. If you wait that long you will already be cutting a bad light

dseitler

Reaction score
------- Quote I'm running a gearhead tune and seeing close 35 PSI so not sure why dseilter is only seeing 30. I really wish I had time to get this thing on dyno or track but its been so hectic. Just got back from Alaska. Maybe in a couple I'll get some time.[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe it's on the 13's IMO. I could never go over 30 lbs with the stock turbo and dual fuel.

MorganY

Reaction score
------- Quote I'm running a gearhead tune and seeing close 35 PSI so not sure why dseilter is only seeing 30. I really wish I had time to get this thing on dyno or track but its been so hectic. Just got back from Alaska. Maybe in a couple I'll get some time.

There is a reason why its limited. Plumb in a mechanical backpressure gauge in place of the egt sensor and do some temporary testing for a few WOT runs. It will help whoever is doing your tuning. No point in reaching more boost if the charger isn't efficient at where it's at already.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.