My mini build before the build

bricewise

Reaction score
After 6 months of having both turbo and dual fueler sit in the foyer of my house, I finally had time this weekend to start tearing into it. God damn Ford sure does put a lot of bolts on all that crap I needed to take off. Still not finished but for the most part, all the hard stuff is out of the way.

Dual Fueler
Elite High Power Turbo - Garrett 4094

photo1_5_.jpg

Some side notes:
-I have a 68mm billet wheel from Danville, but I want to get numbers on cast wheel before I change it out.

-I also, look at that rusty piece of **** EGR plate and know I need a nice shiny billet one.

-Still need Morgan Y to help me out on adding another factory fuel pump.:D

- Undecided if I need injectors, guess we'll see once I get it finished and tuned up.

The plan is doing compounds, built engine, and tranny but considering I change my mind every other day on what I want (and no offense to Dan but I only want to do it once), this will tie me over until I blow something up or until after we finish moving.

colecoop56

Reaction score
These turbos sound absolutely amazing. I had one on my LLY Duramax. Depending on how this works out for you this may be my next purchase.

gfulton

Reaction score
I will be keeping up with this also, let me know if I can help ( I won't be much lol )

Steve's egr delete kit is really nice,I would highly recommend it.

bricewise

Reaction score
What state is this beast going to be out of?

Wisconsin but can't wait to get my ass back to Texas!

Looks Great! How many hours do you have in the change out to get to that point?

I'd say about 8 hours. I'm an amateur though. IC, intake manifolds and intake went quick..no issues there. Taking out turbo took a little longer as the clamps to uppipes were rusted on their pretty good. Played with it for a bit then just took an air hammer to the clamps. The 6 uppipe bolts were the biggest aggravation, I couldn't get great leverage, ended up stripping one. blah blah. But its out.

After all the **** was out, all that was straight forward, just bolting uppipes to turbo was a little difficult. I'd say I've got a few hours left, hopefully I can tackle tomorrow.

dseitler

Reaction score
Post how the install was and how it runs after. So many post about upgrades but they never come back and tell how it drives and performs. That's the same kit I was looking to purchase. Good Luck

PSDJohn

Reaction score
Cant wait to see how this turns out. I would love to try this myself but looking under the hood of these trucks scares me.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Good luck buddy! I'm sure it will be wicked when you are all finished with it. Dual factory pumps are where it's at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Good luck buddy! I'm sure it will be wicked when you are all finished with it. Dual factory pumps are where it's at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not to hijack a thread and I know you have a thread of your build but it's 1,000 freaking pages so get off me lol, but is that what you are using is just a dual factory pump setup?

bricewise

Reaction score
1 uppipe bolt to tighten that I keep putting off then attaching y pipe and we should be good too go. Well besides a little clean up here and there.

Would have gotten further today but my little helper was bringing me rocks instead of tools.

How do I resize images? **** it i'll worry about pictures later.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
1 uppipe bolt to tighten that I keep putting off then attaching y pipe and we should be good too go. Well besides a little clean up here and there.

[/IMG]http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/uploads/10499/photo36.JPG[/IMG]

Would have gotten further today but my little helper was bringing me rocks instead of tools.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/uploads/10499/photo-21.JPG[width = "200" height = "200" /IMG]

How do I resize images?[/QUOTE]

y pipe is a beeyatch.

Latest posts

Members online