My truck was stolen last night

andy3728

Reaction score
Please help me recover my truck. It was stolen from my apartment complex in north Columbus, Ga last night between 8:00pm 2/4/14 and 8:30am 2/5/14 this morning. I filed a police report so please report it if you see it. Thanks

TruckStolen.jpg

andy3728

Reaction score
Thanks guys. WoodBoy, Auburn would be a valid direction for it to go from here. I kinda have the feeling that it would be headed to Alabama after talking to some locals (I moved here 4 months ago). ghohouston I am hoping that the color helps locate it. I had just spent 8 hrs over the course of 2 weekends sealing and waxing it with some new Griots products so maybe the finish will catch someones eye and I can get it back. I hope someone just wanted the wheels/tires. I can replace the wheels/tires. Hard to replace the truck if it is totaled. It is not valued by the insurance company nearly what is worth to me. I don't think I could afford to buy a new one and I don't think I will find an older one in that condition. I am screwed if it isn't recovered. I am keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
WoodBoy and I will keep a lookout in Auburn. You don't see many clean trucks like that, so it will definitely stick out.

andy3728

Reaction score
Hey everyone my truck was found by authorities in south Atlanta yesterday. I just found out this morning. It was in Decatur, Ga. The condition report stated poor condition with tires/wheels, radio and engine parts missing as well as a busted ignition cyl. It was found within 24 hrs of theft. Thanks everyone for looking out for me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey everyone my truck was found by authorities in south Atlanta yesterday. I just found out this morning. It was in Decatur, Ga. The condition report stated poor condition with tires/wheels, radio and engine parts missing as well as a busted ignition cyl. It was found within 24 hrs of theft. Thanks everyone for looking out for me.

mine was found in new orleans with similar results. wheels and tires were still on it though. congrats.

andy3728

Reaction score
Insurance company is trying to give me the runaround already and we haven't even looked at the damages. The representative assisting me kept saying "total loss" this and "total loss" that. I finally had to ask her to quit referring to my claim as a "total loss", reminding her that we have not even seen the truck yet. I have full coverage on it plus renters insurance policy which is supposed to cover up to $25000 of personal property if I read the wording right. In addition to that, the apartment complex has insurance as well. She told me if I had it towed to a shop of my choice that I would have to pay for it, even if it was not deemed a total loss. I then told her that my dad could come look at it tomorrow once towed to their "preferred" shop but I wouldn't be able to come because of work. She told me that my dad couldn't look at it until after the insurance adjuster assessed it. After getting off the phone with her it hit me, Its my damn truck! How can she tell me my dad can't come look at my truck!!! Tomorrow will be a new day. I'm going to keep giving them pressure. Any tips on how to handle this would be appreciated. I have never been in a wreck or had a theft so I do not have any experience handling a claim.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Call your state insurance commission and ask what your rights are as an insured. Is there a lien on the vehicle?

HD F250

Reaction score
Insurance company is trying to give me the runaround already and we haven't even looked at the damages. The representative assisting me kept saying "total loss" this and "total loss" that. I finally had to ask her to quit referring to my claim as a "total loss", reminding her that we have not even seen the truck yet. I have full coverage on it plus renters insurance policy which is supposed to cover up to $25000 of personal property if I read the wording right. In addition to that, the apartment complex has insurance as well. She told me if I had it towed to a shop of my choice that I would have to pay for it, even if it was not deemed a total loss. I then told her that my dad could come look at it tomorrow once towed to their "preferred" shop but I wouldn't be able to come because of work. She told me that my dad couldn't look at it until after the insurance adjuster assessed it. After getting off the phone with her it hit me, Its my damn truck! How can she tell me my dad can't come look at my truck!!! Tomorrow will be a new day. I'm going to keep giving them pressure. Any tips on how to handle this would be appreciated. I have never been in a wreck or had a theft so I do not have any experience handling a claim.

First about "total loss", she is probably estimating from KBB value and their insurance company percentage to total vehicle. She might also be saying that since most people don't want stolen vehicles back. After they determine if it is a total loss, you can buy it back with a salvage title and rebuild it if you like it that much or part it out.

As for towing it to a shop of their choice, that is their BS contracts with shops to lower the rates and make more money. Don't let them tell you it has to be fixed at their shop, thats BS! You can have it fixed wherever you want it fixed, but you will probably have to cover the tow. You are correct, it's your truck and you can go see it. Again, she is full of crap unless storage lot won't let you on their property.

What company is this? The tow drivers and adjusters are all puppets to corporate BS deals and very misleading to the customers about their rights as vehicle owners.

03lariat7.3

Reaction score

Mine was stolen and drove approx 10 mi and was spotted by police driving erradically. Low speed chase ended up through a cattle gate and into a tree when the guy fled the scene. Minor damage to the truck, approx $3500, but insurance told me it was stolen so the shape of the truck was questionable. Cosmetically the truck looked fine, but they told me they didn't know if the engine or trans was damaged. I think its an out for the insurance company so they don't have to pay for progressive damages, if any. They totaled mine out but I bought it back and fixed the truck with the remaining balance. The down side is you have a salvage title, gets harder to sell or trade in later down the road. Hope this helps, fwiw.

78f100

Reaction score
I hope you get it back with little damage. My 97 was stolen in 2000 from Mesa AZ. All they ever found was the engine over a year later. It was my first and favorite powerstroke. I hate a thief.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Two Words that insurance companies hate:
Replacement Value - They have to pay it, not book value which most of the time is much higher than book value.
Take it where you want.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Sorry for the lose of the truck man I know how you feel mine was stollen last year and insurance tryed to screw me big time just keep fighting with them I lost a lot of money on my truck but it could of been a lot worse if I didn't fight them.

andy3728

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! The truck was found abandoned in a ditch and is in much better condition than expected. Most of the damage appears to be done by the towing company. I will post pictures in a few. The batteries are the only thing missing under the hood. Stereo system is gone. My tools are missing from my toolbox along with 5 brand new 3/8" chains. Very minor interior damage. It looked like they took it to Pep Boys to remove the stuff. Ignition cyl is jacked up. Front L fender is damaged pretty bad but looks like the towing company did that. Headlights, bumper and grill appear to be damaged. A couple small dents which may be possible to remove paintless. I will definitely remember "replacement value." I don't think there is enough damage to be a total loss.

andy3728

Reaction score
In the first picture you can see the drivers side fender is badly dented. My dad inspected this and you can see where a forklift hit the frame and picked it straight up to get it out of the ditch. The officer said it took two trucks to remove it from the ditch. I'm assuming because the tires and wheels were gone.

TruckDamage1.jpg

TruckDamage2.jpg

TruckDamage3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online