Need info ASAp...dealer experience especially

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Cliff's Notes version:
My brother's 2012 ate a piston and threw a rod...stone stock truck.
Motor replaced under warranty less than 2 weeks ago in Houston.
He takes a trip to New Mexico and it craps an injector or a line or something....external fuel leak. (NM dealer is saying injector o-ring, sounds fishy to me)
NM dealer saying they won't cover it under warranty due to first dealer's shoddy work.
Whoever my brother talked to at Ford is backing NM dealers stance....saying he has to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed through first dealer.

Does ANY of that sound feasible on a new truck under full factory warranty?
If not...who can he talk to to get NM dealer to cover it under his warranty as I think they should?

Dave

Reaction score
That should be completely covered under warranty.

Although ford may make the original dealer do it.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
It should most definitely be covered no questions asked. If its an external leak one of those POS mechanics might have re used a one time use injector line. I would get for involved ASAP.

But then again one dealer can not warranty another dealers work without ford saying they will pay.

They also have a thing they call "the lemon law" he could try to get into if he's sick of it. They could end up having to buy the truck back.

I can let you know more for sure in the morning when I get to work. But this Deffinitley seems shady. It should no doubt be under warranty.

Hope this helps. I will let you know more in the morning, but they could tell him to take it back to dealer that worked on it before, but of its shady work engineers could get involved. Either way something should be done.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
:stupid:

I would have him call up the original dealer and let the two dealers hash it out.

He did....the NM dealer refuses to do it under warranty, the TX dealer says if he pays the NM dealer and brings them the parts they'll reimburse him.
I say it should be covered under warranty no matter what dealer did the original work or how bad they screw it up...but Ford disagrees and is siding with the NM dealer.

Spatel23

Reaction score
thats fked right up no matter which way you, either dealer, or ford looks at it.

A guy pays 40-60K for a brand new truck and FordMoCo wont stand behind it or make their own dealer(s). WOW

Whats to say he does pay out of pocket and the original dealer doesnt pay him back, whats he to do at that point?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
thats fked right up no matter which way you, either dealer, or ford looks at it.

A guy pays 40-60K for a brand new truck and FordMoCo wont stand behind it or make their own dealer(s). WOW

Whats to say he does pay out of pocket and the original dealer doesnt pay him back, whats he to do at that point?

The only thing I could imagine would be file a law suit, this is crazy never heard of this happening. If ford engineers are standing behind the dealer I feel like it could lead to that sadly

Reaction score
I'd try getting a hold of the service manager directly. Should be covered under warranty no matter where it is at. Fords warranty, Fords mechanics should not make a difference which dealer did the first warranty on it.

Zmann

Reaction score
Agreed a Ford repair should be covered at any dealer anywhere

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Hires a lawyer and becomes a percentage stock holder after the slam dunk win

Rich, no way should he be paying anything. As far as I know, there is no clause in the warranty program that says the dealer you purchased the truck from is the only one who can honor your warranty. Sounds like he is getting pushed around and needs to push back hinself

superstroked

Reaction score
He should call ford moco himself if he hasn't already. This should get the ball rolling in a better direction for him.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
He called a Ford person today...they sided with the NM dealer.
He's meeting the Area Rep there tomorrow with an attorney in tow....that should get their attention. He won't roll over...I guarantee you that.

Tomorrow is also the 30th day out of service on a truck with 33,000 miles on it....he can file a lemon law claim on Thursday morning if they screw with him tomorrow.
Basically they can honor this warranty claim or give him a new truck...it's gonna be their choice.

TyCorr

Reaction score
He called a Ford person today...they sided with the NM dealer.
He's meeting the Area Rep there tomorrow with an attorney in tow....that should get their attention. He won't roll over...I guarantee you that.

Tomorrow is also the 30th day out of service on a truck with 33,000 miles on it....he can file a lemon law claim on Thursday morning if they screw with him tomorrow.
Basically they can honor this warranty claim or give him a new truck...it's gonna be their choice.

I thought the failure had to occur three times before the lemon ls picks it up.? My buddy had a 6.7 ctd he lemon lawed for dog issues. Good luck to your brother!

Zmann

Reaction score
repeat issue or time out of service is what I understand

but it varies state to state and I am not sure how your persue a truck bought in one state and stuck in another ?

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Days out of service would be his claim...and in what state doesn't matter as I understand it. Out of service is out of service....lemon law claim would be filed in Texas.
I'll update tomorrow after he meets with the rep.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Ford really has no choice in this one. There in the wrong, they will either warranty it, or legal actions will be taken I assume. And then he will be golden

Latest posts

Members online