Need new Oil Pressure SW with new hpop?

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
Hey guys, installed new srp1.1 and in the instructions it states I need a new Oil Pressure Sending Unit (Meant to put SU in the title) otherwise it will void warranty? I'm a bit confused as to why this is necessary, would someone mind filling me in? Why replace sensors if it's not throwing codes? Should I replace any others then? I have this voice in the back of my head telling me to get it started first before changing anything sensor related.

Gettin there, more pics and info in build thread.
IMG_4050.jpg

Thanks for the input

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
I could see requiring a new IPR but all I can think of in terms of the oil pressure sending unit is that its maybe to read if the LPOP is not keeping up with the HPOP demand and possible run low would have a negative effect on the HPOP pump from a lubrication standpoint. Since its running off a gear its turning regardless of oil and I would assume that might not be a good thing. But thats the first I have heard of that specific requirement to meet warranty spec. :shrug:

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Given the Stealth's track record with warranty claims, a new oil pressure sending unit would be the least of my concerns.

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
Better keep a second pump handy. I left a message about getting mine rebuilt again and have yet to hear from him. Good luck.

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
I just wonder how a hydro-mechanical part can be so unreliable: It's gear driven, and its' one job is to displace oil. What is it that goes wrong with these pumps? The only idea of failure I can wrap my head around is premature wear causing less than ideal performance because tolerances go away. I DID keep my old pump off the truck, cleaned it, and bagged it up. Maybe one day I can be a somebody and buy twin termies.

Here you go, this step is even in bold.
IMG_4065.jpg
Reading it I understand their desire to remove the sensor and fill the reservoir with oil. But why not take the 4 torx bolts out and fill it rather than removing something that has pipe threads? It does have a reuseable oring gasket. Do they mean "Replace" as "Re-install"?!?! The word replace has multiple meanings........I bought one anyways......I just assume they MEAN reinstall, but it's a terrible choice of verb-age.

As far as the top reservior oring gasket goes, I had a dumb moment :lookaround:. I didn't realize the solvent I was using to clean it had been absorbed and once I removed it, it expanded. I went out yesterday to look at it again and it shrunk in size. I was getting ready to throw it in the freezer for a few hours :LOL:

Last edited:

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Reading that, they just mean to reinstall it. Failure to fill the reservoir could void the warranty

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
Second time. Can't remember how many miles on the first rebuild. It completely locked up. Has about 30k on it this time. I called Dieselsite to order an Adrenaline and the guy laughed when I told him my SRP was going out.
They won't take it as a core either because of all the mods done to it. Even had to go to Ford and bye the quick connects to go on the pump.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Second time. Can't remember how many miles on the first rebuild. It completely locked up. Has about 30k on it this time. I called Dieselsite to order an Adrenaline and the guy laughed when I told him my SRP was going out.
They won't take it as a core either because of all the mods done to it. Even had to go to Ford and bye the quick connects to go on the pump.

You probably installed it wrong!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't think so.

No, I believe you, that was what Gary told me. Nobody knows how to install them correctly. Nobody on the forum knows either but he wont give you any guidance if you ask him nicely in response to his claim that nobody knows.

Whatever, water under the bridge. Literally. Dump cold water on it, get your truck home and throw it under a bridge. The only person that will take it kn trade as a core is Joey at TE. Nobody else wants the core even.

TyCorr

Reaction score
He's really blaming failures on "install errors"? Didn't know it was possible to install an HPOP wrong.

Yes he told me that. The emails I have are hiiiiilarious. Anyway...no need to reopen that can of fishing bait.

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
He's really blaming failures on "install errors"? Didn't know it was possible to install an HPOP wrong.

Didn't you know? Everybody on the forums are idiots.........:morons:

I hope you have better luck than a lot of us have had with the srp.

Thanks, I apparently NEED it... I guess it's a good think I'm putting a regulated return in the truck WITHOUT the fuelbowl LOL

co04cobra

Reaction score
You should check out the honeybadger jr, or the SR pump too. If you want to off that locked up SRP I'd trade it for a stock core.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.