Need new Oil Pressure SW with new hpop?

m j

Reaction score
No, I believe you, that was what Gary told me. Nobody knows how to install them correctly. Nobody on the forum knows either but he wont give you any guidance if you ask him nicely in response to his claim that nobody knows.

Whatever, water under the bridge. Literally. Dump cold water on it, get your truck home and throw it under a bridge. The only person that will take it kn trade as a core is Joey at TE. Nobody else wants the core even.

I want the core.
you still dont even know what died in the pump as you were too chicken to open it up and look

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
Anybody had good luck with DUAL stealth setups? I can get my hands on a complete used dual stealth setup for $700, I just don't know what they are worth. As of right now I have not had a bad experience with a company so I had no personal bias, just looking at input from those who have worked with or have experience with parts rather than formed opinions from reading about it. From what i read many are scared of stealth pumps. I would like to run 350/2's or 4/2's

Last edited:

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
Disregard price, I'm wrong. BUT i am interested in feedback on the dual stealth setup. I'll do some digging and if i do not find answers Ill throw up a few questions in a new thread. What i am now asking doesn't necessarily pertain to what i originally asked. Thank you for all the input gents, much appreciated.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I want the core.
you still dont even know what died in the pump as you were too chicken to open it up and look

Dude, back the ***k up you inbred cockshucker. If you want to buy or bargain a trashed pump out of someone and take it apart, go the ***k ahead. Calling me a chicken because I dont want to take something apart that is shti beyond repair is just ***kin stupid. Its a junk, ***kin POS pump. When I get time to do something pertaining to the truck it isnt going to be examining and pondering the intricacies of Garys failed hpop design.

Dude, ***kin get over it. Quit following me around in any thread pertaining to hpops and making snide assed remarks. Im about to offer to fly your ass here and ill hand that pos to you and you can run your mouth then. To my face. Seriously, ***k off.

m j

Reaction score
it is repairable. all you had to do was send it in and it would have been repaired
I offered to buy it for core charge, so someone other then Joey wants them and you know it. so you are a liar on a few points.

you post in every HPOP thread even though you havent the slightest clue about them.
hardly 'following you' but its hard not to bump in to a stellar IDE that posts in every hpop thread and posts the same lame story ad nauseam.
go look in the mirror to see a guy that needs to 'get over it'

golfer

Reaction score
Dude, back the ***k up you inbred cockshucker. If you want to buy or bargain a trashed pump out of someone and take it apart, go the ***k ahead. Calling me a chicken because I dont want to take something apart that is shti beyond repair is just ***kin stupid. Its a junk, ***kin POS pump. When I get time to do something pertaining to the truck it isnt going to be examining and pondering the intricacies of Garys failed hpop design.

Dude, ***kin get over it. Quit following me around in any thread pertaining to hpops and making snide assed remarks. Im about to offer to fly your ass here and ill hand that pos to you and you can run your mouth then. To my face. Seriously, ***k off.

man.

I like you.

#gaynotgay

TyCorr

Reaction score
it is repairable. all you had to do was send it in and it would have been repaired
I offered to buy it for core charge, so someone other then Joey wants them and you know it. so you are a liar on a few points.

you post in every HPOP thread even though you havent the slightest clue about them.
hardly 'following you' but its hard not to bump in to a stellar IDE that posts in every hpop thread and posts the same lame story ad nauseam.
go look in the mirror to see a guy that needs to 'get over it'

Im pretty sure its my decision if I want to stick another 200 or 250$ into a pos pump. I dont owe you shti. You have been bustin my balls about about it and its ***kin stupid.

You want to take a pump apart and see whats wrong ask golfer to send you a core. He might know a thing or two about the epic ***kin failure that is the srp pump. Although you probably think you're smarter than he is. Most dumb***ks do.

TyCorr

Reaction score
man.

I like you.

#gaynotgay

Yea man. Maybe you could explain to this mj dewsh how my horrible idle, random dying once up to temp, and inability to build icp are trademarks of a the stealth paperweight beginning its suicidal downward spiral.

Ive only trashed one. Maybe you can tell him how many times that pump did the same thing over and over. If he tells you you're screwed up, we will know he is just being a punk. As suspected.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Given this train has already been derailed...
If anyone has a SRP that chit the bed and is willing to let someone take it apart and put it back together before they send it in as a core, I'm curious to see what is failing any why.
I'll pay to ship it both ways and buy you a beer.

m j

Reaction score
Tycorr is afraid to be proved wrong I guess. the best part is I think his pump is dead and want to prove he is right LoL

I just wanna see if springs are the only thing that dies in the srp1.1 so dont care if his is alive or dead
if its a springs issue I will hunt down replacement springs and swap them out yearly if I have to

offered $$ to out right buy a few of these dead srp1.1 and no takers yet.
I cannot fathom why someone whines that 'no one will accept it as a core' wont allow me to cover his core charge for him. how can he lose with that deal?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tycorr is afraid to be proved wrong I guess. the best part is I think his pump is dead and want to prove he is right LoL

I just wanna see if springs are the only thing that dies in the srp1.1 so dont care if his is alive or dead
if its a springs issue I will hunt down replacement springs and swap them out yearly if I have to

offered $$ to out right buy a few of these dead srp1.1 and no takers yet.
I cannot fathom why someone whines that 'no one will accept it as a core' wont allow me to cover his core charge for him. how can he lose with that deal?

You cannot take snippets of a comment and use them at will.

Joey said he would take it. Private sellers do NOT want them in exchange as core when purchasing in my experience which has been pretty vigorous in the last five months. I've tried to make deals on Stealth stg 2 pumps, gen 3, and even bts dual pumps. People don't want the srp as a core.

Additionally, if you go to purchase a stock 17° pump from ford, international, or a diesel shop they do NOT want the pump. The fittings give it away when you lay it on the counter, lol.

And yes the springs fail. One very common failure point. And then all that crap gets shoved through the pump and produces a TON more wear metal.

So you get a batch of spring? That does nothing to change the gear slippage that is common and prevalent in no icp situations with these pumps. The very reason I said Gary is blaming the core system for failures. Rightfully so. Ask the nltd guys why the hbsr isn't on the market yet!

Mj, at this point I don't "need" you to confirm that my pump capped out. Two sets of injectors trashed is plenty of confirmation. From people who have been modding 7.3s way before the srp was an idea. I tend to trust their experience and knowledge. Sorry, your curiosity does NOTHING to change that.

I'm awaiting contact from the pump builder as apparently some changes have come about and I want to see what that entails. So until then it will lay on the shelf.

Changing a spring out isn't going to repair the pumps whose trucks need injector repair/replacement. The spring is a reason for failure not the whole failure.

Again, best of luck but what you are claiming and alleging you are offering me isn't in line with my situation. You are right, the springs fail. But that is a small part of the problem. I pointed you towards at least one vendor who has boxes of crapped pumps and plenty of ideas to get more of them to satisfy whatever it is you think you are doing.

m j

Reaction score
sure I can use snippets. you use snippets every time you describe your HPOP issues.

those guys might not want it, but I will pay (or supply a 17° core) to cover that for you.

I am more interested in finding out if things other then the springs are failing, is there a lack of radius on the 'pistons' cutting into the barrels or some other design flaw?
I am not really concerned with repairing a pump after it has eaten the brass barrel, just want to see the autopsy to actually diagnose and possibly prevent more pumps from suffering the same fate.
if it is just springs then hooray I can start the search for better replacement springs and my srp1.1 can be retrofitted. if there are other flaws the info needs to get out there so the next HPOP wizard can build us a better pump.
the only thing that replaces the srp is a gen3 from swamps but it also has driveability issues but thats a different topic that has also not been explored very well on the forums.

golfer posted photos years ago so thanks for 'pointing him out' to me. I read a ton of these threads and download every hpop image I find so my home PC probably has the image golfer posted of his srp pile, also recall Gary replying to him asking wtf he hadnt sent them in.

when mine dies I will be posting the images of the carnage.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Then why don't you ask him for pumps?

Why would swamps send srp pumps in? So they can pay 2-300 dollars to repair them. Lol. Pretty stupid concept. Remember, the original pump had a different "warranty". The 1.1 had what people were saying was a "lifetime" warranty but many people reported sending a pump in with less than 10k miles and paying hundreds of dollars to get it back. :shrug: There was no "we'll fix that up for ya" to be had. He will tell you that up front when you call him and tell him the pump died.

m j

Reaction score
did you read the warrantee? I didnt until other mentioned the $200 repair charge, it is in writing on the warrantee as is the 30 days to send in the card (I didnt get the pump within 30days due to the border/shipping)

TyCorr

Reaction score
did you read the warrantee? I didnt until other mentioned the $200 repair charge, it is in writing on the warrantee as is the 30 days to send in the card (I didnt get the pump within 30days due to the border/shipping)

I heard more about it BEFORE I bought the pump. I don't recall there being a card attached but I do NOT know. My acquiring the pump was rushed. I ordered in June and started calling in Oct wondering if I was going to see it. Got it in December of that year. Truck sat for 8 months due to either not having parts or weather not allowing me to yard the motor in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.