need some front end suspension help!!!

Rene G

Reaction score
I ran an ICON track bar for over 100k miles and didn't have an issue with it, it was on 3 different trucks with a 2.5", 3.5" and 5.5" lift. My trucks were not street kings either, it all has to do with the setup being right.

I believe you 100%. It's jus that you don't drive in the same conditions that we have up here in Alberta driving on all the oilpatch roads at -40. I could be wrong though, I'm just going off personal experience and I'm by no means a suspension expert!

muzbomb

Reaction score
You are trying to throw parts at the problem hoping it is going to fix it, which it may seem like it helped, but you are only masking the real problem. You need to get the specs on the alignment, I am willing to be you only have about 2.5* of caster when you need more.

I ran an ICON track bar for over 100k miles and didn't have an issue with it, it was on 3 different trucks with a 2.5", 3.5" and 5.5" lift. My trucks were not street kings either, it all has to do with the setup being right.

Ok so i sure wish i could take my truck to you!!! LOL but i live in Canada. So once i get the specs of alignment and it is not right?? What does the shop need to do? Or what parts would i need different casters?

SAK

Reaction score
Ok so i sure wish i could take my truck to you!!! LOL but i live in Canada. So once i get the specs of alignment and it is not right?? What does the shop need to do? Or what parts would i need different casters?

If you could we would set you up right. To correct the caster issue they will need to use different alignment cams to get it to where it needs to be, also to keep the truck from pulling you will need to have more caster on one side then the other.

muzbomb

Reaction score
If you could we would set you up right. To correct the caster issue they will need to use different alignment cams to get it to where it needs to be, also to keep the truck from pulling you will need to have more caster on one side then the other.

Ok will they have the alignment cams at the shop or do i have to buy them from somewhere first?

SAK

Reaction score
Ok will they have the alignment cams at the shop or do i have to buy them from somewhere first?

They should have them, or they could be had from a local parts store pretty easy. But there are a lot of different sizes, just all depends what * you need.

muzbomb

Reaction score
Ok right on. So what do I tell them when I take my truck in? Just so they know what I want checked rather then they tell me it is something else.

stroker63

Reaction score
You need to get a trac bar drop bracket. The trac bar is too short, the drop bracket will lower the connection so it is at the right length. Look at the pic, see the ball joint being pry'd over to the driver side. The trac bar is too short. I have a 3 inch rough country lift on my truck, came with coil spring spacers, trac bar drop bracket, radius arm drop brackets, proper cams to adjust the caster with the bracket. Do this the right way and dont touch it again.

muzbomb

Reaction score
You need to get a trac bar drop bracket. The trac bar is too short, the drop bracket will lower the connection so it is at the right length. Look at the pic, see the ball joint being pry'd over to the driver side. The trac bar is too short. I have a 3 inch rough country lift on my truck, came with coil spring spacers, trac bar drop bracket, radius arm drop brackets, proper cams to adjust the caster with the bracket. Do this the right way and dont touch it again.

Yes i see that in the pic also it looks like it is being pulled over. But i have like 3.5" of lift so having problems trying to find a 3.5" trac bar drop bracket?? Where are you located?

stroker63

Reaction score
It doesnt have to be an exact same size drop bracket. But you need a drop bracket. The trac bar is also adjustable. I run a drop bracket and the stock trac bar. Has not had a problem in the past 70000 miles. Also look into the radius arm drop brackets. Or buy the River City Diesel 4 link kit and use that system to drop the radius arms. By lifting the truck you changed all the geometry of the steering and front suspension. You need to lower it to compensate for the lift you installed. Buy the brackets then get the truck re-aligned if you want. I am in Wisconsin.

stroker63

Reaction score
The trac bar drop bracket will work. The trac bar is adjustabe. The radius arms I am not 100% about. Anything is better than being 3.5" higher than stock with no drop anywhere.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
didnt sak pm you with his number?

if so, i would call him, he'll get you squared away with correct information on exactly what you need.

if not, i would pm him and remind him you need to talk to him.

dont throw parts at it, till you get the right parts that will fix it.

SAK

Reaction score
didnt sak pm you with his number?

if so, i would call him, he'll get you squared away with correct information on exactly what you need.

if not, i would pm him and remind him you need to talk to him.

dont throw parts at it, till you get the right parts that will fix it.

Number was PM'ed to him.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
how much will a bad factory track bar bushing effect the way the truck drives I have a 2.5 ready lifted truck thats driving like ****, dealer told me I have a bad track bar bushing. you can see the bushing flexing back an forth when your steering the truck when its just sitting, isnt some movement normal or should it be completely solid?

extreme3807

Reaction score
how much will a bad factory track bar bushing effect the way the truck drives I have a 2.5 ready lifted truck thats driving like ****, dealer told me I have a bad track bar bushing. you can see the bushing flexing back an forth when your steering the truck when its just sitting, isnt some movement normal or should it be completely solid?

Bad bushing should give you death wobble pretty bad...When you say the truck drives like ****, what symptoms are you seeing?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Sounds like its just out of alinement if it is pulling. Also if you need a good track bar just go with a pmf I had a icon also and i to wore the bushing out in one winter of driving...

muzbomb

Reaction score

Yes it will death wobble bad. Mine was very bad when i would hit a bump on the hwy when my icon track bar bushing was gone. It would almost hoop of the hwy if i didn't slow right down.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Sak I have some of the same issues with my leveled 05. Is the front end the same? I have the exact wonder issues talked about.

Truck is leveled with extended shocks but it just uses the spacer on the coil. No idea what brand. Truck came with it.

I need to get it straightened out bad because I'm eating my M/T's up and no shops around here have any idea about aligning trucks out of spec.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Thats the wierd thing is i have no death wobbles, the truck just feels like it follows every defect in the road kinda like the axle wants to go one way an the truck an chassis wants to go another, alot of kick back in the steering aswell, im just having some trouble tracing the problem, i just had the ball joints replaced which only slightly improved things, the drag link looks like it might have some play but the mechanic said it was fine, also i know i have some kind of alignment issue becuase my front right tire is wearing way faster then the left, i just dont want these dealership clowns to start throwing parts at my truck an slap me with a huge bill..

Latest posts

Members online