need some front end suspension help!!!

Smokyred

Reaction score
Thats the wierd thing is i have no death wobbles, the truck just feels like it follows every defect in the road kinda like the axle wants to go one way an the truck an chassis wants to go another, alot of kick back in the steering aswell, im just having some trouble tracing the problem, i just had the ball joints replaced which only slightly improved things, the drag link looks like it might have some play but the mechanic said it was fine, also i know i have some kind of alignment issue becuase my front right tire is wearing way faster then the left, i just dont want these dealership clowns to start throwing parts at my truck an slap me with a huge bill..

I had the same leveling kit on my truck, same issue. Once I put my 4-link on to correct the lack of castor it went away. Your tire wear was most likely the bad ball joints.

Dave

Smokyred

Reaction score
I am going to try 3 link arms on my set up see if that will help out??

That will allow you to adjust castor. You created a problem when you stacked 2 level kits without the parts to correct the steering and track bar geometry, and took all the castor out of the front end.

Dave

SAK

Reaction score
That will allow you to adjust castor. You created a problem when you stacked 2 level kits without the parts to correct the steering and track bar geometry, and took all the castor out of the front end.

Dave

There is no issue with running the ICON 2.5" coils and 1" TEI spacer. You just have to correct the alignment for it to work correctly. I ran that set up on my truck for 30k miles with no issues and I know java (09strokers brother) has had that same setup on his truck for a while also

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Where can you find correct alignment specs based in lift size? All of the tire guys around here are clueless

java

Reaction score
There is no issue with running the ICON 2.5" coils and 1" TEI spacer. You just have to correct the alignment for it to work correctly. I ran that set up on my truck for 30k miles with no issues and I know java (09strokers brother) has had that same setup on his truck for a while also

I have about 65k on my ICON 3.5 inch lift and have had no issues whatsoever. The only thing I have extra is the icon adjustable trac bar with the upgraded rod end. My truck lives in the farm so it's always in bumpy roads and harsh terrain so I'd say its your alignment that's off. SAK is very knowledgeable when it domes to suspension so before you go spend a ton of money listen to him.

muzbomb

Reaction score
Thanks SAK for the info and a special thanks to NotStock for his help Thanks you very very much Trevor!!!!! Great guy for info and to do buisness with!!!!!

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
So seeing that i have 2.5 inch lift, will installing some 2.5 inch lift radius arm drop brackets solve my castor issues? Do i still need an alignment after? That seems to be the cheapest route at $250 bucks, thanks guys.

muzbomb

Reaction score
Does anybody have any info on Heim joints? I have heard up here in Canada that salt is not good on the Heim joints and they dont last long??

NotStock

Reaction score
So seeing that i have 2.5 inch lift, will installing some 2.5 inch lift radius arm drop brackets solve my castor issues? Do i still need an alignment after? That seems to be the cheapest route at $250 bucks, thanks guys.

Your least expensive option would be to run an alignment cam in your upper ball joint. I would always recommend taking the truck to an alignment shop after you change heights. $100 is nothing to make sure you dont tear up a set of $2k+ tires.

But yes, radius arm drop brackets are another option. Again, I would still have an alignment done after you have all of your components installed.

muzbomb

Reaction score
Your least expensive option would be to run an alignment cam in your upper ball joint. I would always recommend taking the truck to an alignment shop after you change heights. $100 is nothing to make sure you dont tear up a set of $2k+ tires.

But yes, radius arm drop brackets are another option. Again, I would still have an alignment done after you have all of your components installed.

So your 3 link arms dont use heim joints Trev? Everything is a sealed unit?

NotStock

Reaction score
So your 3 link arms dont use heim joints Trev? Everything is a sealed unit?

Nope no heims. Not 100% sealed but they are greasable and this allows you to flush out any contaminents. The races are poly, the ball is stainless, and the housing is a zinc plated forging. They are as durable as your going to find for your conditions.

Layson

Reaction score
On these trucks a 3-link/radius arm setup is the way to go. Your steering on your axle is designed around this setup. No bumpsteer, no factory wander, tighter turning radius, tons of adjustability if you go go with the One Up Offroad ALA arms. Trucks should have came with them from the factory.

muzbomb

Reaction score
Well i am going with 3 link PMF's. I am totally confused as to what to do, but my gut says 3 link PMF arms. So that is what i am doing.

Latest posts

Members online