Need some help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
hey everyone I had a question looking at lifting the dually still but been debating tires:poke:

I was goin to run 33s which will be less hassle but my buddy's duramax dually looks pretty good on 35s.

So I'm looking 35s and I have moto metal wheels with stocks on the inside in back so 6 inch wide tires. I don't haul any heavy weight just a rock crawler now and then.
I know 35x12.5 will balloon and need to run 2 inch spacers but heard they will wear a lot quicker and towing sucks supposedly.
So other options I have been thinking was going narrower 35x10.5R16 or 35x11.5R16.
Yet only thing I can find are SSR or TSL boggers.:fustrate:

So any lead way would help I found this truck with 35x10.5R17 SSR.

I was thinking 4 inch lift which is hard to find for duallys any help there.

sizeimage.php

This is without 2 inch spacers which looks fine to me
sizeimage.php

This is with 2 inch spacers which looks weird with tall skinnys
sizeimage.php

dsberman94

Reaction score
You might not need a two inch then. You just don't want them rubbing with your towing weight on them. A 1 inch spacer might do it for you.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well I won't be towing any heavy loads but if ever do I see why you say plan tires to your load. Kinda why I'm thinking a new leveling kit and 33s. Who has a leveling kit worth a dang.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I have a pro comp on mine an the front has done sagged to were I need a add a leaf. My tires rub the inner fender with x12's an 33's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well little update the new shop found my uppipes not even bolted down just finger tight, push rods were upside down missing a lot of bolts. But everything looked unharmed which it was not started or ran since the first shop had to fix the second time. Yet today is suppose to be the day he will have it running, and long as all goes well. The truck will get its new tunes and I will pick it up late today or on Friday after the mechanic is satisfied with it.

Pics and videos to come soon as I get it back. Next up will be a trans build.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well update everybody. The new shop got the truck and got it started and it was showing pretty much a bad hpop. We were talking and throwing out some info he just happen to see a spring in the bottom of my oil filter housing was hung up somehow old shop most likely done. But he moved it and truck raised in oil pressure and actually started and ran just for a bit. But then died of course not everything is bolted on like alternator, degas bottle, charge pipes. But he is on it today buttoning it all up and then giving it a go with the scanner on it. They are trying to weed out any other possibilities to make sure the if the big problem is the hpop before we tear it down again.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well another update got the truck back together and the hpop was bad so getting the new one installed thanks to full force for the parts. The mechanic is working his tail off so I can have my truck tomorrow but no later than saturday. So hopefully this weekend is it been 7 months since drive time. I'm so ready got to order my tunes tomorrow and ready for some pics and videos to show her off.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this mystery truck we have been hearing so much about lol. I know your ready to get back in it, I can't stand it when mine is down for just a few days l. Could not imagine not having it for 7 months.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Oh I wanted to knock the living carp out of him but don't need to be arrested he took off the other way.

Okay guys I need help I found a ficm bracket but going to fab one tomorrow for now till new one comes.

But I'm missing up pipe bolts hoping ford has them. If not what size are they what do I need.

This is all I need and help finish up bolting on the turbo and such. This new shop is helping big time. The mechanic doing my truck quit. So the owner was out of town and his 64 year old dad is finishing the truck but he needs my help and I'm just needing those bolts

Please help me figure out the size and where to get them if ford doesn't have them.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Geezus man.. after reading all that, and now your mechanic quit you just have really bad luck or poor choice of choosing who to trust. . But I do hope everything works out for you in the end.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
W300013 is the PN for the bolts, it's a package of 4 and the nuts are W300051.

I strongly recommend going with the factory hardware here

diezelfreak

Reaction score
If they don't have them Waylan boyles I think how you spell it. He may have some he is always messing with 6.0's.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I found the bolts it costed me 113 bucks only place within 3 hours from me and I had to have them. Got up pipes on turbo mounted had to pull one injector to fix a pin. Got that all back together but I had to leave for monster jam tonight. The guy is plugging all the wires up and getting the ficm back on the charge pipes. The mechanic was an awesome mechanic but still kinda young and liked to lay out of work randomly. So he got his self fired after I got the full story. But the owners dad stepped up and me and this 64 year old man kicked butt today in a short amount of time. The owner had to be out of town for a week and all this happen soon as he left. I don't blame the shop for his employee being the way he wanted to be. He has worked with me and really if you could of seen the stuff that had to be done. Which really he charged me nothing to redo the whole job plus all the missing parts that were stolen. Compared to what it should of cost me. They are a great shop and really stepped up when needed. I'm happy with them after all they have done for me and will get my work from now on soon as he gets another good 6.0 guy. Just been a long process from a crap shop of crooks to a good shop that's fixing all the crap the other one is putting out. My truck was by far the least of the issues they have seen.
I thank all of you tha t have been helpful and giving my great advice about what to do.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Okay so going to ordering my tunes soon as I get my truck back so been looking. Wanting to have a good street tune for plenty of power and then I also want a god tune for dyno and truck pulls.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well went up the other day cause Ipr was showing 85% during cranking. But before the hpop job it showed 15%. I tired unplugging the Icp didn't work it showed .24 KOEO. After a while cranking the pressure was building up higher and higher but the new ipr kept showing 85%. Now I put in a days work trouble shooting since the mechanic quit and the owner will be back sunday. But I snapped on his brother and after what i paid to have a running truck and them saying i needed a new hpop that was the issue and then to turn around have to buy a ipr a few days later. After I told him to try a ipr or anything before we did the pump just to knock out any possible problems. Well he apologized and is not charging me any more labor. And I will be seeing any readings before I buy anymore parts. I told him I know another shop screwed me but you quoted a price for a running complete truck and it's been a month it's not running. Plus I have put my own time into this that's what I'm paying your shop for. So hopefully the owner Wil make things right and get my truck back on the road in the next week. This has been a long drawn out process but I did see the carnage left from the other shop and I really can't wait to sue that guy.

Latest posts

Members online