New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

joe7e7

Reaction score
They have brought back the tow boss package under the 535 high capacity tow package. It has the wide track front axle, 4.30 rear end, and increased gcwr to 35,000. I ordered mine with that package.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up multiple times I believe I have this list right of 2015 upgrades correct me if I'm wrong...

Jake brake
Turbo upgrade, ( official size idk?)
Coated lower bearings
Upgrade piston assembly( are the rods officially bigger?)
Different injectors with upgraded fuel system
They beefed up the heads?
I'm sure there some I'm forgetting

Fill me in with detail in u guys know, especially with the rods
Thanks

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I see on powerstroke .org there was a chat started that ford had a question and answer on the 2015 6.7 so maybe some of the question will have detail answers

mfoltz

Reaction score
I hope the millage aint that bad. Is it worth spending the extra money on the 15 over the 14 if I'm just gonna tune it and go no further with it. It's going to be a daily driver with pulling a trailor a few times a year. Sled pull how's the exhaust brake been working I drove one and I could hardly feel it kick in

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up multiple times I believe I have this list right of 2015 upgrades correct me if I'm wrong...

Jake brake
Turbo upgrade, ( official size idk?)
Coated lower bearings
Upgrade piston assembly( are the rods officially bigger?)
Different injectors with upgraded fuel system
They beefed up the heads?
I'm sure there some I'm forgetting

Fill me in with detail in u guys know, especially with the rods
Thanks

It's not a Jake Brake

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I still think everyone making a big deal over the exhaust break is retarded. It can be done in any tune calibration with a vgt.. Josh has been tuning my 6.4s like that since 2009

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselpower

Reaction score
I still think everyone making a big deal over the exhaust break is retarded. It can be done in any tune calibration with a vgt.. Josh has been tuning my 6.4s like that since 2009

And canned SCT tuners have that option for the 6.0's already. It actually works really well if you don't mind downshifting pretty aggressively and letting it rev. The stock tow haul function isn't aggressive enough to really let it do its job though.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score

I know what you're saying, and I agree. Just annoys me when people call it a Jake Brake. Like this one guy talking up his "Jake Brake" in his 12v, saying how cool it sounded and how he'd drive around with it on just for the "big rig" noise. Popped the hood, it was a BD exhaust brake.

Reaction score
No factory truck has a "real" exhaust brake. Seriously, are we all truckers or what? No pickup truck will EVER have a "Jacobs brake". Do we need another $4000 addition to our trucks just to slow us down? Seem silly to me. I've never added an exhaust brake to any of my trucks and I tow more than the average truck owner. Never saw the need with the brakes that already come with it. The 6.7 just closes the vgt to restrict the exhaust the same as Duramax and Cummins powered trucks do. More than adequate for a pickup truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.