New 6.0 Single turbo setups

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
i'd like to see how this truck would do with a trailer attached to it for testing purposes. This thing makes boost before 2k rpm and its got a 66/74... shows this larger housing is not really the problem, a smaller (68 or 71) turbine wheel would increase spoolup and you could even tow light with a 66mm compressor.

Any chance you can hook a trailer to it guys? or Is that just out of the question entirely.

let me see if i can find a trailer to put a bobcat on and try to geta video

we have a 68 turbine with a 83ar divided housing that should work real nice

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yup thats the exact setup I had in mind. should work real well.

SamW

Reaction score
That is a good looking setup. Any results yet? What other sizes will you have available for the turbo?

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
So I got around to it and finished bolting everything on: mpd manifolds,turbo etc.:jammin:

One word of advice if you have access to lift the cab for the install, Do it!:doh:

I will be posting track times soon,stay tuned:tree:

nvme_63

Reaction score
Does the turbo flange on the up pipes come to the same position as stock? The reason I ask, I would like to try a set of your manifolds and up pipes. But I would like to keep my current BD pedestal. I was running a divert on my 66/71.80. But I am liking the true split up pipes. T3 flange available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
It gets rid of pedistal.I don't see the need of the pedistal it mounts real good the uppipe and the red bracket holds it up real nice! Only difficult thing is mounting the turbo on y pipe...

I've been driving in a lot of traffic today,and as far as street manners it responds real good!

Last edited:

nvme_63

Reaction score
Since I find the need to explain myself, if the mount position of the turbo changes. That means I need to rework the piping I am building for my compounds. I don't want to start over. Secondly I WANT TO REUSE MY PEDESTAL!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
It does not change the position of the turbo.

Why would you want a ped? Just extra crap to have to bolt down and take up space

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
it doesnt change mounting position at all, otherwise the downpipe wouldnt fit properly.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Since I find the need to explain myself, if the mount position of the turbo changes. That means I need to rework the piping I am building for my compounds. I don't want to start over. Secondly I WANT TO REUSE MY PEDESTAL!

Dude, Relax No need for the shouting just trying to help you out. You don't have to explain crap to me,I didn't ask for an explanation, All I know is I spent the money and so far I like the kit. Go on your merry way with your pedistal.

nvme_63

Reaction score
It does not change the position of the turbo.

Why would you want a ped? Just extra crap to have to bolt down and take up space

I was having a lot of issues with no true pedestal on my last set up. The up pipe bellows kept stretching, and the oil drain was sloppy. For my own piece of mind I want to try a solid mount, and I think it will help with the added weight and strain of compounds.

I like the bd style pedestal because it uses the turbine housing to support the weight rather then bolting to the bottom of the center section.

nvme_63

Reaction score
Dude, Relax No need for the shouting just trying to help you out. You don't have to explain crap to me,I didn't ask for an explanation, All I know is I spent the money and so far I like the kit. Go on your merry way with your pedistal.

It's all good man, I'm not about to go back and forth. I asked a simple question. Thank you for your opinion.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So far OneStockQuik6.0 says our kit spools better than his 64/70 and 62/80 from industrial he had

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Awesome, are these turbos using the new inconel 73mm turbine wheels?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.