New Aeromotive 6.4 Pump

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Or a Fuelab with some real nice AN lines and an external fuel cooler LOL.

LoL Yeah its a bit steep for a motor that can run a AD or FASS at 10 PSI problem free. On a 7.3 or 6.0 it makes more sense given the more demand that is put on the pump with those two.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure I totally understand why they'd develop this first for a system that requires such a small demand of fuel.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
What I cannnot comprehend, is why in the ***k they want to piggyback this with the factory HFCM. It just leaves too many variables to fail. All because they didnt want to put a good water separator system in this.

I'd rather run an elite lpfs than this. Just doesnt make sense to me

B585Ford

Reaction score
What I cannnot comprehend, is why in the ***k they want to piggyback this with the factory HFCM. It just leaves too many variables to fail. All because they didnt want to put a good water separator system in this.

I'd rather run an elite lpfs than this. Just doesnt make sense to me

I thought I was missing something so thanks for confirming they are using the factory water separator. I couldn't agree more, the factory water separator sucks and at least IMO is worst part of the factory system so why you would create a system that still uses it is beyond me. Elites or Marty's FTW.

AJF

Reaction score
I've put almost 2,000 miles on the pump so far, and have seen an average of a 3mpg increase. That kind of return alone pays for the pump in a year or so.

Wayne

Reaction score
I've put almost 2,000 miles on the pump so far, and have seen an average of a 3mpg increase. That kind of return alone pays for the pump in a year or so.
I'm just gonna leave this here...
BS-Meter1.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm just gonna leave this here...
BS-Meter1.jpg

:whs: I never saw an improvement in mileage with my Aeromotive pump.... nor did I expect one. Unless your HPFP was starving (which will cause a lot more problems than poor gas mileage) or the factory LP was sucking some serious amperage compared to an Aeromotive, I don't see how this would be possible.
OP, are you sure you didn't change anything else when you did the pump?

AJF

Reaction score
:whs: I never saw an improvement in mileage with my Aeromotive pump.... nor did I expect one. Unless your HPFP was starving (which will cause a lot more problems than poor gas mileage) or the factory LP was sucking some serious amperage compared to an Aeromotive, I don't see how this would be possible.
OP, are you sure you didn't change anything else when you did the pump?

I just filled up the tank all the way through the filler neck to the top to be consistent. Did that before the pump install and have done the same thing since having the pump to compare numbers. This pickup only sees highway time too, I'm sure that helps.

I've never taken my H&S off "mild" since I've had it either (or ever for that matter, I'm a boring driver)

Jared at Aero asked me test the pump, and if someone asks you test a free pump they install, and share the results with him and the forum you lurk on, I'm sure most everyone would do the same. Plus, it got me a very nice tour of the shop and toys there. All I'm doing is sharing my numbers. Is what it is I guess. I'm enjoying the difference.

Latest posts

Members online