New AMP Steps

Mechcont

Reaction score
I finally broke and ripped off the factory steps and had some AMPS installed. I should have done this a year ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264

BK39

Reaction score
That's how I felt when I did mine. It took me forever to justify the money, but after I did, then I was the same way.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
Bolts right up. Wiring was the longest part. I opted for the harness as opposed to the obd plug. Finding those little bastards under the kick plate was slightly a pain. Nothing a few foot letter words and a couple beers can't solve. I agree about 2 hours.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
AMP steps well worth the money. Gives the truck a much cleaner look. I have the OBD port plug and the longest part was bolting up/adjusting the steps. PM me for pricing!

TexAg56

Reaction score
So as far as finding the correct wires were they color matched? Or did it require a multi meter. Also how were the instructions that came with it as far as wiring goes

jwalk09

Reaction score
So as far as finding the correct wires were they color matched? Or did it require a multi meter. Also how were the instructions that came with it as far as wiring goes

The wires are color matched and the same gauge wire. Not hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score

It's the white one that's the same color as the other twenty in the kick panel that took longer to find than the actual install. I swear it was the last one, I went through every one lol

Mechcont

Reaction score
Thanks guys I do love how clean it looks.

I have been so busy with work that I had them installed because I didn't want to wait any longer but I guess that's always the problem no time and money to spend or all the time in the world and no money under the mattress LOL.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Why not wire the amp steps into the wiring under the cab on each side? The wire is 12v when a door opens and the other is ground. Then 0v when the door closes.

TexAg56

Reaction score
If its just 12v and 0v we should be able to use the wires under the cab where our lighted running boards plugged into. Anyone tried this? Those wires should provide 12v when doors open, and 0 when they close.

Betarocker

Reaction score
AMP steps are powered up and down. You need to figure out a way to reverse polarity so the steps go up when the doors close. Also, need load sensors to turn off the motors when full extension and retraction is reached.

The steps come with a wiring harness; run the left and right harness branches, connect the trigger wires, hook up power and ground, bolt on the steps. Done

Go ahead and re-engineer a proven product which is almost plug and play (can also get that option and use the OBDII port)

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
AMP steps are powered up and down. You need to figure out a way to reverse polarity so the steps go up when the doors close. Also, need load sensors to turn off the motors when full extension and retraction is reached.

The steps come with a wiring harness; run the left and right harness branches, connect the trigger wires, hook up power and ground, bolt on the steps. Done

Go ahead and re-engineer a proven product which is almost plug and play (can also get that option and use the OBDII port)

Strike a nerve did we?

Latest posts

Members online