New AMP Steps

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I can't believe I went 3 years w/o these steps. One of my favorite mods. Does zero for performance, but sure makes getting in and out easier.
Only thing I don't like about them is that I used to have to grab my wife's azz to help her into the truck and now she doesn't need help.

As to wires. PITA, but it's ford's fault for 8 wires that look identical in color, diameter and stripe. Naturally on mine it was the 8th one was the right one for the drivers side and it worked flawlessly since.

$1k well spent, wish I'd spent it 3 yrs ago.

Notneb

Reaction score
Not really. Just mentioning that the system isn't quite as simple as some think.

Ah gotcha, yeah like Trick mentioned I guess it's more on Fords side for that wiring nightmare. I don't have the steps yet so I'm trying to figure out if I want to do it myself or let a shop handle it.

BK39

Reaction score
I don't have the steps yet so I'm trying to figure out if I want to do it myself or let a shop handle it.

Considering some of your other mods that you have done, you won't have any issues with these steps. Don't waste your money letting a shop do it, it's that simple.

Betarocker

Reaction score
Ah gotcha, yeah like Trick mentioned I guess it's more on Fords side for that wiring nightmare. I don't have the steps yet so I'm trying to figure out if I want to do it myself or let a shop handle it.

Do it yourself. A second pair of hands will make fishing the harness down the fenders easier. The trigger wires are easy, other than already mentioned the correct green/purple wire is the hard one to find as there are a lot of them. They key is to find the solid green one and the green/purple has the same shade of green and same diameter. Yellow and white are easy to find. Instructions are simple to follow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

do it yourself, they are incredibly easy. just dont get the plug and play if you plan to use EZ lynk .

TexAg56

Reaction score
I will be installing mine tomorrow. I watched a video and everything seems pretty basic. They mention something about the parking brake. Showed them pulling the line and clamping it so they could do something but they completely left out why the did that in the video lol. Any tips before I start in tomorrow?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I will be installing mine tomorrow. I watched a video and everything seems pretty basic. They mention something about the parking brake. Showed them pulling the line and clamping it so they could do something but they completely left out why the did that in the video lol. Any tips before I start in tomorrow?

on the e brake line, yeah you just attach a bracket , and use some vice grips and move it down out of the way. its pretty basic, you just keep the vice grips locked on it so it doesnt move . the cable just has to be relocated a bit to clear the swing of the drivers side step.

one thing i noticed on the 11+ , was that all the connections had to be made before any step would drop , so do them all before you begin to test. should take an 2 hours if you take your time .

Swampfox

Reaction score
Not sure if it was just a fluke but I had 2 of the allen head bolts fall out of the amp step on the passenger side step. I've had 4 sets of these and never had this happen. I checked all of the other ones and found all but 1 loose. Might want to check them every so often or atleast once after initial install.

JRLott

Reaction score
I've never installed any. I'm just saying I'd lock tight the bolts if they keep coming loose fluke or not. Unless AMP's warranty is that good.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never installed any. I'm just saying I'd lock tight the bolts if they keep coming loose fluke or not. Unless AMP's warranty is that good.

definitely not a bad idea.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Boys I am about half way done with the install. Everything is going good except for the damn parking brake bracket I knew I was going to have trouble with. I have the cable pulled back and clamped so it has slack but I cannot figure out where this bracket mounts? I dont even see an old bracket? Maybe the 2016s are dif I doubt it but I would reallllllly appreciate it someone took the time to snap and post a pic of their parking brake mount. You would be doing me a big favor! Thanks!

BK39

Reaction score
My truck is a 2013, but I would imagine they are the same.

Attachments

• 20160808_135304.jpg
    20160808_135304.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Members online