new irate turbo setup!

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I kinda like how those hoses are looped off the pump instead of done were the want to droop to where they kink.

Just wanted to show how i did mine to eliminate the loops most have.

ffcbb92b.jpg

To keep my post on topic... Install looks awesome! Jake does good work.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Boost wise im seeing 37 until I can't handle not looking anymmore. But jake said the turbo is good for 500hp so I really don't know but all in all its a great turbo spools great sounds great flows lots of air

Duradan

Reaction score
my point being, ive got an H2E, and when I put hybrids in my truck it was making 55 lbs of boost...
which i think is too much for that turbo, they recomment 40 lbs I believe... but on my stage 1's I only made 37 lbs...
so im thinking I need to upgrade my turbo before I put Hybrids back in

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
my point being, ive got an H2E, and when I put hybrids in my truck it was making 55 lbs of boost...
which i think is too much for that turbo, they recomment 40 lbs I believe... but on my stage 1's I only made 37 lbs...

Get the h2e modded, it should be good for 550hp easy. 55lbs of boost is pretty dang high for that turbo though definitely, i wonder what your back pressure was at that high of boost.

You have a great platform in that H2e, call Beans and see what they can do for you with it! You can put the hybrids back in and just tell the tuner what youve got, they should be able to set it up to make everything work together and live longer

Duradan

Reaction score
Get the h2e modded, it should be good for 550hp easy. 55lbs of boost is pretty dang high for that turbo though definitely, i wonder what your back pressure was at that high of boost.

You have a great platform in that H2e, call Beans and see what they can do for you with it! You can put the hybrids back in and just tell the tuner what youve got, they should be able to set it up to make everything work together and live longer

i dont want my tuner too de-tune the truck... if the truck has the power I want it to be useable, not have a weak link that I know at full hp will blow... thats just dumb... but this is all just speculation right now... dont got the money at the moment, bills to pay!

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Curious who told you that? A standard H2e is a TOUGH SOB. I think in all the years on these forums and running these trucks I have heard of one H2e popping, and that was with spray.

55psi on what kind of hybrids? Redding is about 2000' above sea level, thats alot of boost out of standard hybrids.

Back pressure on a modded H2e with 250/200's and a 17cm housing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUGIVHEx6A

i dont want my tuner too de-tune the truck... if the truck has the power I want it to be useable, not have a weak link that I know at full hp will blow... thats just dumb... but this is all just speculation right now... dont got the money at the moment, bills to pay!

You dont need to detune the truck. Check your back pressure. I bet your more then fine. I still find it hard to believe that your making 55psi on standard hybrids and an H2e...

Of course here is a poor TN BB at sea level making 50psi...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzuMpPvmFSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BD7FPW5qg

Latest posts

Members online