new mtw website?

matt92idi

Reaction score
I believe that when he said the dyno was happy was that it was reading a bit high. Dyno is not a completely accurate thing but is usually in the right ball park. Like for example I did only 366 with Eric's race tune (stock everything) so that was a pretty low dyno. There have been rare cases where guys man 500 on stock injectors but not many can do it and you shouldn't be expecting it just because others have.

But back on track of the mtw situation I have a friend who was running a stage 2 and it would only make mid 400s with 190s. I was highly disappointed when those numbers came up because I had heard all the hype about mtw putting up awesome numbers but really it was a too good to be true situation and only a hand full of guys where able to make those number where almost everyone makes around the same numbers with Barder and kc turbos. It seems like it's a hit or miss deal.

equalizier

Reaction score
I believe that when he said the dyno was happy was that it was reading a bit high. Dyno is not a completely accurate thing but is usually in the right ball park. Like for example I did only 366 with Eric's race tune (stock everything) so that was a pretty low dyno. There have been rare cases where guys man 500 on stock injectors but not many can do it and you shouldn't be expecting it just because others have.

But back on track of the mtw situation I have a friend who was running a stage 2 and it would only make mid 400s with 190s. I was highly disappointed when those numbers came up because I had heard all the hype about mtw putting up awesome numbers but really it was a too good to be true situation and only a hand full of guys where able to make those number where almost everyone makes around the same numbers with Barder and kc turbos. It seems like it's a hit or miss deal.

i'm shooting for way bigger hp and know how to get it but i also like learning new things.so the stg 2 you had made mid 400's with 190's.what was the size of your compressor wheel.what are people making with the barder stg 3 and the kc stg 3 they are 68's correct and both turbos are using 190's what would they make with good tuning.i'm going to go ahead and say it i would be looking for 600 all day long to the wheels now is either turbo doing that.

equalizier

Reaction score
yeah i never knew the whole story either. i still think he probably makes good turbos and i will most likely buy one from him, but i guess everyone has their own opinion.

i didn't either but it still don't change my mind about mtw. not after i've seen what my mad dog does on just 175/30's.i would guess i'm easy into the 500's there is a guy here dyno'd his truck and it made 580 hp that's all i know and my truck will walk on him up to i'd say 5-6 truck lengths.this is my parts getter the monster is slowly coming to life in the shop. lol

but back to the comparing turbos i would really like to figure out some kind of test so we as consumers know whether it be good or bad.

equalizier

Reaction score
what makes these dyno's read higher out of the blue.i never consider any dyno pin point accurate just like you said in the ball park.does anybody know why a dyno picks up a couple hp when you add a few lbs of air to your rear tires or other stuff that i have no clue about.what really causes these changes i will be the first to admit i truly do not know so if anyone does please share.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
what makes these dyno's read higher out of the blue.i never consider any dyno pin point accurate just like you said in the ball park.does anybody know why a dyno picks up a couple hp when you add a few lbs of air to your rear tires or other stuff that i have no clue about.what really causes these changes i will be the first to admit i truly do not know so if anyone does please share.

Weather, if you can change inputs, how you load it, nitrous spikes. Theres a ton of things, its truly only good for tuning. A member made a 300hp 7.3 read 600 something I believe it was a few years back...

equalizier

Reaction score
i know the density can just focused more on the other little things that can change the numbers.i'm gonna have to agree on the tuning part tho for sure.my dyno is a piece of road about half a mile away and has black marks for as long as the eye can see lol.

equalizier

Reaction score
Weather, if you can change inputs, how you load it, nitrous spikes. Theres a ton of things, its truly only good for tuning. A member made a 300hp 7.3 read 600 something I believe it was a few years back...

how does loading it have anything to do with it .stuff like this is what i'm looking for to try to figure out why it changes the out put on the dyno.i'm not looking for like power adders that can change the out put if that makes any sense.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
well instead of bashing tell me what happened and i will be the judge for my self.i will be more than happy to break out the money as i don't write checks always cash for everything i buy.has anyone ever compared the turbos in question against one another i would definitely be up for that.i remember reading somewhere that adrian said he made over 500hp on stock injectors with one of his turbos and some of the other builders was calling b.s. and never herd much else about it.

Ok how about sending out turbos that are rubbing the casing then blaming it on shipping and causing one hell of a ruckus before sending out a new one. The thing is people are always saying that his next thing is gonna blow people's minds but majority of the people that have his stuff doesn't feel mind blown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt92idi

Reaction score
i'm shooting for way bigger hp and know how to get it but i also like learning new things.so the stg 2 you had made mid 400's with 190's.what was the size of your compressor wheel.what are people making with the barder stg 3 and the kc stg 3 they are 68's correct and both turbos are using 190's what would they make with good tuning.i'm going to go ahead and say it i would be looking for 600 all day long to the wheels now is either turbo doing that.

I could not tell the compressor size you but it was he got it when they were supposed to be the sh!t. It was tuned by Eric at id so the good tuning is out of the question. He's has now even switched to the kc 68 and he says if feels so much stronger and he told me to stay away from mtw and he had a fairly good experience with them. And I think 190s and a 68 with live tuning could do 600+ pretty easy

equalizier

Reaction score
I could not tell the compressor size you but it was he got it when they were supposed to be the sh!t. It was tuned by Eric at id so the good tuning is out of the question. He's has now even switched to the kc 68 and he says if feels so much stronger and he told me to stay away from mtw and he had a fairly good experience with them. And I think 190s and a 68 with live tuning could do 600+ pretty easy

do you have a s/n i can contact please.from my understanding the stg 4 only went out to one person or so from what i gather.

sootie

Reaction score
Adrian is a first class d-bag. you would have to be retarded to buy from him...

His stupid dyno claims backed up by nothing but his mouth should be enough evidence of that.

matt92idi

Reaction score
do you have a s/n i can contact please.from my understanding the stg 4 only went out to one person or so from what i gather.

Stage 4? My buddy ran the stage 2. I'm still a little confused why you want a mtw turbo when we have all given you serious reasons to stay clear of them and given you plenty of other turbo builders who build better products. Why are you so dead set on mtw?

bad12jr

Reaction score
The more I read the more he seems to be doing a lot of defending them. Just saying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
It's really simple. The problems are out there and very evident. If you want to proceed at this point it's on you. Will you get screwed or get a product, who knows but the odds are not in your favor.

equalizier

Reaction score
Stage 4? My buddy ran the stage 2. I'm still a little confused why you want a mtw turbo when we have all given you serious reasons to stay clear of them and given you plenty of other turbo builders who build better products. Why are you so dead set on mtw?

i don't pass judgement on anyone i have a mad dog 66 and i did not get ripped off.i havn't had any issues with it at all.but so far all i've herd is barder this and kc that if i want one then i will get one but right now it's not on the table.i feel bad about what happened to those people but i havn't had anyone take the time to tell me the whole story about mtw.

equalizier

Reaction score
The more I read the more he seems to be doing a lot of defending them. Just saying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

for one i chose whop i chose because like i said i have never had any issues with my mad dog.but you guys i know are just trying to help but i don't need it.all i have herd is how good this builder or that builder is and i'm just gathering all the info.you can say what ever you want it don't matter to me.

equalizier

Reaction score
It's really simple. The problems are out there and very evident. If you want to proceed at this point it's on you. Will you get screwed or get a product, who knows but the odds are not in your favor.

this right here is what have been said at the beginning and everyone including me would not have all these worthless post.that's what i've been saying to these guys and anyone who reads this.the reason i like mtw is that my mad dog is a straight up monster and i've never ever had an issue with it.adrian has personally never did anything to me so i'm not going to pass judgement on him till it effects me.i do appreciate your input and what happens remains to be seen.but i will let everyone know what happens when that time comes.

equalizier

Reaction score
who here has a barder stg 3 with 155s,175,s,190,and so on the same on kc.i want to see if the numbers are consistent.i don't see very many people on here pushing the 600 on here with either turbo.i'm not saying there not out there i just want everything out on the table.there is no need for any one to get aggressive as it will do us both no good.i just want to compare and make my decision from there.i'm an honest guy and i will tell you that right now i am consider a m4.but i am concerned why everyone is saying this about mtw and it makes me think that maybe i just got lucky and will i be taken when i fork out 3400 for the m4.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Next month I will be at a Dyno event in Connecticut where I I'll dyno with a MTW stage 3, full force 190/100s... After we do some pulls and later that day the MTW will come out and a KC stage 3 will go in and dynoed again the next day.