New Project: Excursion

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well, parts are off to paint for the exterior, should be back early next week, and the exterior body work should be complete. Well then turn the attention to the interior, and exterior lettering and detailing.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
body panels are just about done at the painter, if all goes to plan, hoping to have the front end back on the truck this weekend. Then well get back to the interior and the other details.

still a long way to go, but were hoping to have this one completed by an event were headed to in NY end of April

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
heres some updates-

we put a newer stock turbo on the truck, truck starts up and runs great, working on getting some tuning for those injectors.

in the mean time, we took out the seats and carpet, and started mocking things up for the Harley conversion. carpet was pulled out, cleaned, and will by dyed this week, front seat brackets and electronics swapped over so the seats will function properly, and we got most of the front nose mounted up after paint. Truck will still need some serious work, but made some good progress this weekend.

IMG_0027_zpsumbfyvxv.jpg

IMG_0032_zpslrnpdnnr.jpg

this is pretty much the first shot of the front end coming together, still have some PTM parts coming (grille, bumpers, ect, but its getting there)
IMG_0033_zpsrlcbkhzh.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
minor set back on this one, ran the truck down the road last night, injectors look to be no good, I had a feeling there was going to be issues with them. Will be swapping back in a set of stock injectors,

the other set back was the paint quality. after everything was back on the truck, it really just didn't look right, parts are coming back off this weekend, and will be repainted next week. progress on the interior will continue, then well get to the wheels and tires.

looking like the truck will be on 20x12 and 35s, unfortunately the 22s I want are not available.

more updates to come

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Should have the truck back again tonight from paint, should have the injectors swapped, and turbo figured out and starting to put the interior back in this weekend. The truck should be road worthy after Saturday!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I kinda wondered what you didnt like about the duplicolor dye. The panels you showed looked real good I thought.

I like everything youve done. Not that my opinion matters but I wanna see an ex with a ptm front clip like the white 6.4 in those pics you posted. Again not a jab just something ive yet to see.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I kinda wondered what you didnt like about the duplicolor dye. The panels you showed looked real good I thought.

I like everything youve done. Not that my opinion matters but I wanna see an ex with a ptm front clip like the white 6.4 in those pics you posted. Again not a jab just something ive yet to see.

always like constructive criticism, were trying to mimic how ford would have built it which is why were going with the front end they way we have it lined up. As far as the duplicolor, the panels came out great, just didn't have much longevity. I started spraying the panels with color bond last week, so I want to see how the color compares. well go from there .

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gotcha. Im shocked about the duplicolor.

I didnt mean the way you applied the 6.7 frontend. It looks excellent. I meant actually see an excursion with the ptm 6.4 frontend.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Gotcha. Im shocked about the duplicolor.

I didnt mean the way you applied the 6.7 frontend. It looks excellent. I meant actually see an excursion with the ptm 6.4 frontend.

ahh gotchya.... this project actually started with a 6.4 front end in mind...but we figure that became old news quick

yea, as far as the duplicolor, it could have been the prep on our end, I know a lot of people have had good results, this one just didn't work as well for us here.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. Cool. I really like the lariat style woods when seen next to black. It changes the cheesy look of the woodgrain and makes it look good.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Ok. Cool. I really like the lariat style woods when seen next to black. It changes the cheesy look of the woodgrain and makes it look good.

it definitely does, unfortunately that long gone now, we have the Harley trim going on the excursion panels, this way we can keep the seat memory.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
always like constructive criticism, were trying to mimic how ford would have built it which is why were going with the front end they way we have it lined up. As far as the duplicolor, the panels came out great, just didn't have much longevity. I started spraying the panels with color bond last week, so I want to see how the color compares. well go from there .
I was on the phone with color bond yesterday. The guy said you need to use their BDI cleaner/prep then adhesion promoter and then the dye for good results on interior plastics. Something about the oils in the plastic. He said soap and water can work for cleaning but you have to use adhesion promoter no matter what. I just dyed some of my interior (leather 6 passenger conversion) so I'm glad I talked to them before I did the rest.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I was on the phone with color bond yesterday. The guy said you need to use their BDI cleaner/prep then adhesion promoter and then the dye for good results on interior plastics. Something about the oils in the plastic. He said soap and water can work for cleaning but you have to use adhesion promoter no matter what. I just dyed some of my interior (leather 6 passenger conversion) so I'm glad I talked to them before I did the rest.

yea I used the color bond on the red truck and was very happy with it, that's why we went back to it with this.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Some serious progress last night and today. Carpet installed, front buckets installed, dash dyed black, 07 Harley bezel installed, injectors swapped back to stock.

Was a busy one. The to do
List is getting shorter. Pics comming

TyCorr

Reaction score
it definitely does, unfortunately that long gone now, we have the Harley trim going on the excursion panels, this way we can keep the seat memory.

Yea, I knew you guys were gonna dork it up lol ;)

Im teasin', I know it'll look good.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Well paint work is done hood and fenders back on, door panels swapped trim to the Haley style( swapped thenharley trim to excursion panels to keep the seat memory) truck sounds good, pulled turbo and cleaned it but still have some issues looking for a new turbo setup. Bumpers will
Be on end of the week, then off
To the detailer. Last order of business in the truck will
Be the rear seat and wheels. Which are ordered... And no not getting forces

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
another set back on the truck, finally go the truck running good, went to drive it home for the first time in a while, and looks like we ate the clutch fan harness. Truck will be getting a new clutch fan this weekend, as well as all the PTM bumper and grille parts. Been a long road, but hopefully this is the end of the hiccups~

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
time for some pictures

I mentioned we removed just a little but of wiring from the previous owners
IMG_0117_zpstychxj6k.jpg

installed the 05 Harley bezel into the truck, have a double din unit on the way for the final touches to the dash
IMG_0119_zps2oh0ki8o.jpg

seats installed with the carpet, and center console, and the excursion door panels with the Harley trim pieces
IMG_0123_zpsi8l86v3b.jpg

and lastly, we got the gauges in, still have to hook up the sensors, but haven't gotten to that just yet, we are planning to bring this to the Ny off road truck show this weekend, we have a long way to go, sad to say, the rear seat probably wont be done, and were still waiting on wheels and tires are this point, so it wont be 100%, but still much to be done!
IMG_0215_zpszkdra0r9.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
little update on this....

ordered some wheels finally, just went very simple with a set of chrome fuel octanes. have a set of 35" toyos going on as well.

Got the rear seat semi-installed need some hardware. still have some finishing up in the interior as well, but trucks been running good for the past month and a half.

more pictures to come

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.