New traction bars we will be offering!

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Trevor,
We discussed how, if the factory lift block is used that the stub/pin will need to be cut and drilled out.

I found http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=23411

The body of the fastener is 1/2 vs the factory pin 3/8 and its grade 8.

I drilled out the spring perch to fit, 3/4 drill bit IIRC, it was a PIA! but the FORGED round fastner head now sits where the cast pin used to sit.

I'll take some more pictures when I get things in.

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 144

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
So I called Trevor because I had a few questions about this setup. He's going to make some different spacers to make it "right". Again....not trying to second guess any work, by any means. It juat didn't look right to me. Maybe I'm just neurotic. Either way, he's a standup guy to work with, and he's going the extra mile.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
So I'm basically prepping my vehicle.
I ordered the bolt on trac bars w/ no lift block. PRICEY but trevor makes them basically by hand as needed and the parts I hear are solid.

I cut the pin of the factory lift block.
I then drilled a 1/2 hole.

The second photo is how the bolt will basically work. I will bolt the lower plate from the trac-bar through the factory block to make it one piece. The new allen head grade 8 bolt will sit in the spring perch.

I drilled the spring perch w/ a IIRC a 5/8 bit and now the bolt slides right on in.
Now I just need the bolt things up when they arrive.

Attachments

• DSCN0823.JPG
    DSCN0823.JPG
    644.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0824.JPG
    DSCN0824.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 146

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I need to have my vehicle drivable for the time being so this is just before I bolted things back up to show how the new pin sits.
Works fine.

I also had my leafs drilled to fit a 1/2-13 x5 bolt to make a new/larger center pin. Had all the leafs drilled for 52 bucks.

Attachments

• DSCN0827.jpg
    DSCN0827.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130

NotStock

Reaction score
Im going to machine a billet aluminum spacer for yours and the other pair that was sold in this configuration. Given the 3/4" bolt, a failure isnt likely but simply for asthetic purposes, I think it would be a better setup. Later kits will have a different configuration to help with assembly time that will do away with a need for a spacer.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Im going to machine a billet aluminum spacer for yours and the other pair that was sold in this configuration. Given the 3/4" bolt, a failure isnt likely but simply for asthetic purposes, I think it would be a better setup. Later kits will have a different configuration to help with assembly time that will do away with a need for a spacer.

Cool, I'm excited to get things put together!
I know you're busy but any more pics for future customers?

Latest posts

Members online