New Truck Build- 2003 Superduty

deiter5262

Reaction score
A pretty weekend here so I decided to wash my truck up.

I finally installed my new Fuel Throttle Wheels w/ deep lip -24 Offset on 20X10. Rolling on Nitto G2's 35x12.5x20 on my project #bigred. Current 6" lift will be coming off next week and 3.5" Fabtech lift going on. Big thanks to Rykan @ Holders Diesel.

Due to back order on BMF's Novakanes I wanted something similar. These turned out killer!

IMG_6945.jpg

The white is a grease they used to mount the tires, not sratched.
IMG_6951.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

Truck is going in to body shop next week, more updates to follow. Thanks to PSA for being there to help us all be "outside of the box" with our Diesels! Keep on trucking

Last edited:

K_Hood

Reaction score
Looking good! :thumbup: I love seeing updates and builds to older trucks on here. It's getting more and more difficult to find stuff relating to them these days.

militant83

Reaction score
Weekend update:

Parts are slowly coming in: 2005-2007 Harley grill (aftermarket) and stock 2005 header panel are in possession

IMG_6844.jpg

Step delete Mod Done, trucks look so much cleaner. Now- how do I get in? 6" lift sits tall but it will be taken down soon. If anyone wants to donate a set of amp research steps to my build that would just be fantastic:D

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

How does your grill mount now that have removed the piece it is typically mounted to?

deiter5262

Reaction score
How does your grill mount now that have removed the piece it is typically mounted to?

The OEM grill, front bumper, bumper support, and header panel will all come off the truck. Including the new style 05 Harley headlights that are already installed. Once all that is off I am having the body shop paint match my new Harley grill red and then installing a factory 2007 F250 Header panel. Grill snaps right in like it would from Factory. 2007 Bumper, upper pad, and lower valence will also be added at that time. I'll post some more pics tonight of progress. :evil

militant83

Reaction score
The OEM grill, front bumper, bumper support, and header panel will all come off the truck. Including the new style 05 Harley headlights that are already installed. Once all that is off I am having the body shop paint match my new Harley grill red and then installing a factory 2007 F250 Header panel. Grill snaps right in like it would from Factory. 2007 Bumper, upper pad, and lower valence will also be added at that time. I'll post some more pics tonight of progress. :evil

Ok you are just swapping header panels to accommodate you Harley grille then. It looked like you had removed the header panel and was going to some how mod it where your intercooler is visible through the grille.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Ok you are just swapping header panels to accommodate you Harley grille then. It looked like you had removed the header panel and was going to some how mod it where your intercooler is visible through the grille.

Correct- Just swapping the 03 Header panel out for the 07 Header Panel. Negative on intercooler visibility. Although- that would look good though.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Updated pics of her under the knife right now. Fixing any dents or areas that needed paint work addressed. Adding the 07 F250 fender and door badges. New Door handles mod to delete out key hole, new 08 mirrors, complete front end swap. And The fabtech suspension 3.5" kit is going on the truck in replace of the 6" lift.
IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

Adding some flares on the fender wells unfortunately vs buying bed panels
IMG_6965.jpg

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

As soon as all the suspension and body work are finished, I will go under and paint the frame all black to really set it off.

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
Looks really good. thanks for posting this build.

Looking good! :thumbup: I love seeing updates and builds to older trucks on here. It's getting more and more difficult to find stuff relating to them these days.

Thanks fellas- Yes- it is getting harder to find the older trucks on here it seems like. I am one who goes against the grain and pays cash for my vehicles after saving for an extended period of time on a good deal. Defy leasing and letting the bank own anything of mine. Then modify that vehicle to my own taste. Especially diesels- they will last forever with a few tasteful modifications done under the hood and a few cosmetic changes still look as good as a new truck. I'd love a 6.7L but I just can't justify anything like that for a long time.

Last edited:

patricku47

Reaction score
Thanks fellas- Yes- it is getting harder to find the older trucks on here it seems like. I am one who goes against the grain and pays cash for my vehicles after saving for an extended period of time on a good deal. Defy leasing and letting the bank own anything of mine. Then modify that vehicle to my own taste. Especially diesels- they will last forever with a few tasteful modifications done under the hood and a few cosmetic changes still look as good as a new truck. I'd love a 6.7L but I just can't justify anything like that for a long time.

Man I'm right there with you! I was looking at new half tons, and 6.7L's and just couldn't justify paying that much for that long on a truck. Bought my current truck and never looked back. Your truck is looking great!

smcox1

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it all painted it's going to look really nice!

deiter5262

Reaction score
Man I'm right there with you! I was looking at new half tons, and 6.7L's and just couldn't justify paying that much for that long on a truck. Bought my current truck and never looked back. Your truck is looking great!

I am right beside you there, I trust my old truck done right will last me a long time. Probably longer than I expect. I'm at a position in life were vehicle cost is not at the top of my list. Fix something old and make it look nice, run good, drive good. Paid for, title in my hand with my name on it. All I ask for myself.

looks like a fun project

Can't wait to see it all painted it's going to look really nice!

thanks guys, I have some more teaser pics with painted peaces mocked up. I can't wait to see it. Should be out from paint tomorrow at least. Been sharing a car with the fiance for a week and half commute to work is just kinda of a pain. I am ready to have it back. Updated pics coming.

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
Apologize for the delay, busy at work and haven't had time to update any pictures. So I have had the truck back for about 1 week now. Overall- I am very happy. I have some things left to do.

Touch ups here or there, install new badge on rear tailgate, wire up the new mirrors, scrub and paint the frame/ undercarriage. And I want to get a good wax on and take some better pics.

With out further delay:

Post paint before flares

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

Lowered from 6" to stock springs on with a 3.5" Fabtech lift and new bilstein shocks. Here is brand new tint 10% and full 07 badges with a new 07 Front end.

IMG_6983.jpg

Love that eyebrow I decided to add. Keeps the Sun out.

IMG_6984.jpg

New paint match 08+ power/heated mirrors. This is pre- LED smoked lenses

IMG_6985.jpg

Here is a teaser front end all put together, LED Light bar and all. Let me tell you that thing is bright y'all.

IMG_6990.jpg

deiter5262

Reaction score
I need to trim the inner fenders back a hair for the large 35" tires, I tried the zip tie trick and not quite getting it done. I will work on that this weekend.

Wouldn't you know it, the first day I brought it home. It rains.

IMG_6993.jpg

More Rain, I was really worried about the 08 bumper swap without 08 tailgate. But, I think it turned out great. The flares also turned out perfect. They only stick out 3/4" and look perfect painted to match.

IMG_6994.jpg

Here is a shot with my new Tonnopro installed. Not a clear pic but here it is.

IMG_7005.jpg

Front end

IMG_7006.jpg

Latest posts

Members online