New Truck, New Project......

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Trying to figure out a different set up with the brakes on this truck. These things are trash throwing brake dust all over the place and throwing hot material off the rotors onto my wheels. What's my options?

I'm not sure about upgraded calipers but I have StopTech Slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads and there's almost no brake dust. Definetely noticed a difference in performance but not as much as upgraded calipers. I know there was a sema build thread on here that the guy put Wilwood 6 piston calipers on and massive rotors.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I'm not sure about upgraded calipers but I have StopTech Slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads and there's almost no brake dust. Definetely noticed a difference in performance but not as much as upgraded calipers. I know there was a sema build thread on here that the guy put Wilwood 6 piston calipers on and massive rotors.

I have to do something because it is going to ruin my wheels, especially when I put 27k behind it....

6k for wilwoods is what i have seen guys doing

I saw that set-up and it made me drool but I am not spending that kind of money.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Right now I only have the slotted rotors and hawk pads on the fronts as I don't tow hardly anything right now but it made a difference for hard stops in Chicago traffic. I plan on swapping the back when I get my truck back. I think with 27k behind it there's no way around destroying brakes. Can remember how much the rotors and pads were but it only took about an hour to swap them out and break them in. Noticeable difference hauling a 6k car hauler but I've never had 27k behind her.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Right now I only have the slotted rotors and hawk pads on the fronts as I don't tow hardly anything right now but it made a difference for hard stops in Chicago traffic. I plan on swapping the back when I get my truck back. I think with 27k behind it there's no way around destroying brakes. Can remember how much the rotors and pads were but it only took about an hour to swap them out and break them in. Noticeable difference hauling a 6k car hauler but I've never had 27k behind her.

Haha yea, I know it's going to be hard on them but even when I am not towing it is stiff awful.

If you could that would be greatly appreciated bud.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Haha yea, I know it's going to be hard on them but even when I am not towing it is stiff awful.

If you could that would be greatly appreciated bud.

First I've heard of that. Mine aren't bad at all with 20k.... At 85k I had to do pads all the way around. I would go slotted and coated and new pads. 27k behind it you need a better truck. Or you need to start with trailer brakes. IMO.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
First I've heard of that. Mine aren't bad at all with 20k.... At 85k I had to do pads all the way around. I would go slotted and coated and new pads. 27k behind it you need a better truck. Or you need to start with trailer brakes. IMO.

Better truck? What you talking about Willis?!!? I don't know if it just something with the 13-14 trucks or what. I didn't think that they changed the brake system but I could be wrong because I know another truck that is doing the same thing.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Better truck? What you talking about Willis?!!? I don't know if it just something with the 13-14 trucks or what. I didn't think that they changed the brake system but I could be wrong because I know another truck that is doing the same thing.

Lol all we do is tow but we crank the trailer brakes. Idk I meant 450 not a 250 LOL or stop killing the brakes. I've just never had issues with mine and I've had panic spikes from 120+ and no trailer brakes through the mountains because of a fuse blown.

kicker417

Reaction score
What leveling kit do you have on there my plan is to put some 20x12 -44offset with some 35 1250 20. And if i can clear with just a leveling kit thats awesome.

jcain

Reaction score
27,000lb trailer or 19,000+ the truck? If the trailer itself is 27,000lbs, towing that with your truck is just down right irresponsible and deadly.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Lol all we do is tow but we crank the trailer brakes. Idk I meant 450 not a 250 LOL or stop killing the brakes. I've just never had issues with mine and I've had panic spikes from 120+ and no trailer brakes through the mountains because of a fuse blown.

Haha, the trailer brakes are cranked. The trailer could probably use some new ones but we put new ones on it spring of last year. I try to take it easy on the brakes honestly.

What leveling kit do you have on there my plan is to put some 20x12 -44offset with some 35 1250 20. And if i can clear with just a leveling kit thats awesome.

All it is, is a 2.5" leveling kit and a 350 block in the rear.

27,000lb trailer or 19,000+ the truck? If the trailer itself is 27,000lbs, towing that with your truck is just down right irresponsible and deadly.

The truck grossed in at 34,200 the other weekend.....

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
A little update, I received one of the prototype No Limit Fabrication 5" Intake last night, polished it up and threw it on I couldn't be more pleased with the results. If you are looking to get an intake for your 6.7 this one is definitely the kit to go with.

IMG_2346.jpg

mattmal9

Reaction score
I read earlier in the thread that you were planning on installing the dual fueler kit on the truck, are you going to try to figure out how to make the intake work with the fueler kit or change it out? In the review thread he said that it won't fit together, I'm guessing because of the large pulley, but I have the dual fuelers and would love to run this intake as well if some one can figure out how to make them compatible.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I read earlier in the thread that you were planning on installing the dual fueler kit on the truck, are you going to try to figure out how to make the intake work with the fueler kit or change it out? In the review thread he said that it won't fit together, I'm guessing because of the large pulley, but I have the dual fuelers and would love to run this intake as well if some one can figure out how to make them compatible.

When I install the dual fuelers I will let everyone know. With a little fabrication anything is possible. ;)

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I finished up the dual pumps about an hour ago. Installation went pretty well once I figured out what belt I needed. The No Limit Intake worked it was very close to CP3 pulley but from what I can tell it does clear.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
I finished up the dual pumps about an hour ago. Installation went pretty well once I figured out what belt I needed. The No Limit Intake worked it was very close to CP3 pulley but from what I can tell it does clear.

We did design our pump kit to work with the stock intake, and the factory manifold/turbo system. So I hope it clears:) ..... Ready for a turbo kit yet?

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
We did design our pump kit to work with the stock intake, and the factory manifold/turbo system. So I hope it clears:) ..... Ready for a turbo kit yet?

Zane you know I am ready! Bentley and Aaron are making me be patient and wait for it. :(

What brand 2.5" leveling kit did you go with? I have a F350 and want to run a leveling kit just havent decided on which one. I dont want it to be nose high, just level.

Just a 2.5 daystar.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.