New Tuning Files Feedback

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Looking to get feedback from those who have updated to the new files! What do you guys think so far? I have heard a lot of positive feedback so far on the Spartan tech forum so I figured I would see what kind of feedback I can get from a larger forum. Positives and negatives are both appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff@Spartan

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I drove my bro in laws truck yesterday. He loaded the new 350 tune. It wasn't streetable at all. Touchy throttle, the truck bucked real hard, idles weird (starts loping). Once I was able to get it going at a constant speed without bucking, I hit a down hill and eased off the throttle to obtain the same speed and it started bucking and jumping again. Its either go or idle. Unloaded it and went back to the 275

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
LOL

The 350 tune is an all out competition tune. Probably the reason you didn't like it very much. I recommend it for sled pullers....that have built transmissions and head studs.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
This thread needs a little life...

300 Late Lock, ran 260 miles on the PA Turnpike last night at 75mph, just a hair under 2000rpm. In dash showed 17.2mpg and it hand calculated to 16.0mpg. I really like the driveability of this tune, it shifts great and the late lock is nice for cruising around backroads with a lot of up and down hills.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
300 Late lock has been a favorite among my customers. Its a great driving file, not too overly aggressive, plus the shifting is phenomenal. That and the 210 Tow Performance Late Lock. Good Job Spartan!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
300 Late lock has been a favorite among my customers. Its a great driving file, not too overly aggressive, plus the shifting is phenomenal. That and the 210 Tow Performance Late Lock. Good Job Spartan!

This is the next one I'm gonna try out, I love the 210 TP for towing but unhooked from the trailer I wasn't too pleased with the early lock lol.

Rene G

Reaction score
The new 300EL is the best Spartan tune I've run so far. I prefer the early lock, I have 3.55's and run 35" tires. I'm not sure why people don't like early lock?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
The new 300EL is the best Spartan tune I've run so far. I prefer the early lock, I have 3.55's and run 35" tires. I'm not sure why people don't like early lock?

I don't like em because 90% of my driving is between 45-55mph and when you hit the bottom of a hill at 45 and it shifts into OD it has no power lol. If land was a little flatter around here I'd probably love them though.

Rene G

Reaction score
I don't like em because 90% of my driving is between 45-55mph and when you hit the bottom of a hill at 45 and it shifts into OD it has no power lol. If land was a little flatter around here I'd probably love them though.

It's not flat around here, guess I drive a bit faster! Lol

Motostroker

Reaction score
This thread needs some CPR. Switched over from H&S Monday and loaded 310EL tune. Today the trans is shifting perfect. I giggled like a little school girl all the way back from work. Way faster spool up and lower egts for sure!!!

strokin20

Reaction score
any word on when we can expect the newest update for the 6.4? i'm running a suncoast so my shifts are too hard for me and i'd rather not have to buy a tcm just to run my spartan.

Motostroker

Reaction score
On the 310EL. Shifts into 5th an locks around 45-48. And I have major turbo surge. Sounds like a boot blowing off. Should I switch to late lock?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
any word on when we can expect the newest update for the 6.4? i'm running a suncoast so my shifts are too hard for me and i'd rather not have to buy a tcm just to run my spartan.

No word. I'm going up to NC next weekend and this is something Matt and myself are going to discuss.

On the 310EL. Shifts into 5th an locks around 45-48. And I have major turbo surge. Sounds like a boot blowing off. Should I switch to late lock?

You shouldn't get compressor surge unless you chop the throttle. You can try the late lock though. That's the beauty of having the options.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.