No Limit air filter install

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yep. Another thread without searching.... get over it. My search function doesn't work on a android using desktop view.

Anyways. The AC condensor line. Is the dam thing supposed to just rest on it?? Also. Mine came with no support bracket like everyone else?? Is this correct? Did I get the wrong one?

Without a support bracket it wants to just rest on the AC line and im 100% not cool with that. Kinda mad Mike talked me into a stage 2 instead of a stage 1.....

The maf sensor location. The way it sits now it's ridiculously tight and up against the AC line where the maf sensor rests I tilted it slightly to get it out of the way but one wiggle and it will be rubbing. What the heck would have been Wrong with welding it up top where it's supposed to be!! (Being I have no support bracket)

Go ahead. Flame on... stock filter back in until this is resolved! LOL. (Had to go take a ocd pill)

Notneb

Reaction score
Wish I could help but I d3leted my entire stock intake plenum and piping when I did mine...

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
OPyou have it right I think. I did some tweaking and have everthing safe but it is resting on the AC line still so idk what to say but put a rag or somthing there to stop the rubbing. Also a lot of people have problems with it hiting the hood so my advise is tilt the elbow down.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Why is it a big concern if it touches an ac line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
Im not real fond of the location of the mass air flow sensor either brotha. Mine did not come with any brackets either. I am happy with the overall performance and I would buy it again if I had another truck, but the 2 things Id change is the MAF sensor location and the price. Mike did hook me up as usual so I am happy but honestly its just a boot, pipe, and filter. I still have the tubing running over the top of mine so it is still rubbing on the hood. Im too scared to try to bend the tubing like the instructions said to do and havent had time to replace the tubing with flex tubing. Hope you get it figured out man

Notneb

Reaction score
Are any of you guys running aftermarket intakes plenum/IC piping kits? Or just running S2's with stock everything else?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Are any of you guys running aftermarket intakes plenum/IC piping kits? Or just running S2's with stock everything else?

Stock besides cold side h&s pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I had the same issue as you OP among tons of other people. I took that stiff metal AC line off and replaced it with 3/4" heater hose.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I tried everything like you did. Still hit the AC line. I just zipped tied the line away from the pipe. I know it probably looks stupid that way but nothing hits once I did that. I would rather do that than it rubbing a hole in the line.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im not real fond of the location of the mass air flow sensor either brotha. Mine did not come with any brackets either. I am happy with the overall performance and I would buy it again if I had another truck, but the 2 things Id change is the MAF sensor location and the price. Mike did hook me up as usual so I am happy but honestly its just a boot, pipe, and filter. I still have the tubing running over the top of mine so it is still rubbing on the hood. Im too scared to try to bend the tubing like the instructions said to do and havent had time to replace the tubing with flex tubing. Hope you get it figured out man

it's always funny when i hear that. its NOT that simple. swapping that line wouldn't take more then 15 minutes.

we do plan in the near future to update the instructions and include hose for replacing the line. like i tell everybody, it IS a tight fit, no way around it, sometimes it takes more messing with it for some than others. thank god the performance gains are so worth it .

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Is this line only on the stock intake plenum?

It comes off the secondary coolant system and goes to the EGR for 11-14 trucks.

15+ it goes from the secondary to the lower radiator.

Someone made a post about it about a month ago with pictures.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
S2 all stock piping and turbo.

I'll get it figured out... my mood was rather crappy earlier.

I'll design my own bracket to support the filter. And move the MAF to a position I'm happy with.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
S2 all stock piping and turbo.

I'll get it figured out... my mood was rather crappy earlier.

I'll design my own bracket to support the filter. And move the MAF to a position I'm happy with.

You're talking about this line right?

2vjse50.jpg

This is what I did. Replaced with the heater hose.
Don't mind the filter. I have a new pro dry on there now. Ditched that crappy paper.
bfnfk8.jpg

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
Sooooooo glad I got rid of all that, I can see why you'd be mad, that looks like hammered ass.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.