No Limit air filter install

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You're talking about this line right?

2vjse50.jpg

No I'm talking about the AC condensor line that sits directly below your pipe. Its the flexable portion of it is like the letter "n" from where it comes off the compressor and goes to the condensor. Right in the dang way. The top line. Yeah I understand I just need to get some 3/4 heater hose and do away with it all together.

I may just wind up yanking the entire EGR off altogether! LOL.... doubtful tho...

Anybody have a junk stock air filter box (not broken) they wanna donate. I'll pay the ship.

Last edited:

ImAti0n

Reaction score
My intake sits snug above the line and rotated just at the right angle where it doesn't hit the line, snag the MAF wire or the MAF itself. Just gotta play around with the different angles and positions.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
My intake sits snug above the line and rotated just at the right angle where it doesn't hit the line, snag the MAF wire or the MAF itself. Just gotta play around with the different angles and positions.

Is yours on a bracket or magic suspension or resting on the filter itself?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Is yours on a bracket or magic suspension or resting on the filter itself?

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning when I get off work. Its not supported by a bracket. I've checked it out multiple times wiggled around with it and have driven like this the whole time. It's perfectly snug and no issues.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
S2 on the OEM stuff, then switched to the MidWest piping here.

It's more about tweaking clock location of the different parts of the S2 then just dropping it in. Yes, PITA but it's worth it.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
There's acceptable tolerances for all vehicle manufacturers so all trucks will be a hair different from each other. Sounds like yours will take a little more finagling than others.
The MAF being on bottom was an aesthetic decision Mike made to keep things looking cleaner under the hood.
My piping doesn't touch anything, including the hood. Not a single mark on it after almost 40K miles. The ONLY spot the touches, and I dialed it in that way, is the very end of the filter on the inner fender. I set it that way to make sure it couldn't drop/bounce down and hit anything when I'm driving. I haven't ever seen a need for a support bracket personally.

The whole S2 is just a big ass part. 10lbs of sh!t in a 5lb sack, basically. With a little effort though you can cram it all in there....it's worth the effort.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'll get it dialed. I do however want to move the MAF to a different location. If your standing at the passenger fender looking across the engine bay I would like to have it at the 2 o'clock position or the 10 o'clock position. Seeing the sensor is not a big deal to me. The hood is closed 99.9% of the time.

jwalk09

Reaction score
My sensor isn't touching the ac line. Make sure you can't push the piping into the boot more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
I knew the MAF placement was for asthetics and it does look nice not seeing any wires! Just not the place I would want it to be. Like Mike said tho, when I bought this big bitch I knew it was going to be a tight fit, and the gains are definitely worth it. I will def be doing the 3/4 heater hose soon. I have no problem with there being no bracket as mine seems to hold place just fine. I have mine touching the inner fender aswell as someone above mentioned.

To those who swapped over to a heater hose, did you just use a regular hose clamp to secure it on each end of the hose? Thanks

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Here are some pics. You can see that I don't need any kind of support bracket.

Sorry this was the best I could do.

72u1om.jpg

10if1ap.jpg

bh355.jpg

This was underneath. Best I could do. The filter is on the top of the pic.

2h7p8o3.jpg

Last edited:

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I also experienced the frustration of my no limit 5" intake installation :p
The location of the maf sensor in relation to the hard ac line passing underneath.
But my main concern now is that now my truck has some major lag down low. Like it takes a good 3-4 seconds for the turbo to begin to spool after i floor it. Before the intake, it was a lot more responsive running the 600 QR tune. It doesn't seem right after all the praising i read about that intake. Lol
Do you guys pushed the 5" pipe far inside the boot? I don't know, maybe the boot is collapsing when the turbo is sucking some air, causing it to restrict the flow?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Get with Sp@rtan. We've had a few people that need the tunes tweaked a bit for the stage 2. It's not even enough to set the CEL for MAF

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well that intake is a POS, still haven't got my son's to fit right. Should have just bought the Absolute kit......

Sounds like installer error. Best part is our stage 1 is the same size as that pos you just referenced. But thanks Gary , you're a great guy !

jwalk09

Reaction score
Well that intake is a POS, still haven't got my son's to fit right. Should have just bought the Absolute kit......

You not being able to install it correctly doesn't make it a POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfulton

Reaction score
Sounds like installer error. Best part is our stage 1 is the same size as that pos you just referenced. But thanks Gary , you're a great guy !

I did not post that as an insult to you or your company just one product in particular. Just don't think you should have to bend, twist or tweak an expensive product just to make it clear everything....Yea I's also installer error.........Everything else I have ever gotten for you has been perfect...I'm just no one to sugarcoat over things....

Latest posts

Members online