No Limit Air Intake !!!!!

jwanck11

Reaction score
Can you describe what your boot looks like? And when did you get it? Does it look like your standard 45 angle diesel engine intake boot that has ribs on it with a reducer in one end or a smooth boot that is sized differently on each end?

I have a 5" to 5" coupler with a 5" to 4" reducer on one side. It is thick rubber. The newer coupler is silicone and has the No Limit label on it.

I think the fact that it is so cold here is what is giving me problems... I am a driveway mechanic not by choice.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I have a 5" to 5" coupler with a 5" to 4" reducer on one side. It is thick rubber. The newer coupler is silicone and has the No Limit label on it.

I think the fact that it is so cold here is what is giving me problems... I am a driveway mechanic not by choice.

The cold has everything to do with it, I installed the first one in 30 degree weather, not fun but finally got it to fit well. I installed the second on my truck that was warm and 70 degrees out after letting the coupler sit in the sun for several hours and installed real easy.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Its no biggy just hadn't seen anyone else say anything about it and I didn't know if I was the only one.

I think ive heard of it twice. also heard of an egr code with another tuner , so its a work in progress.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Just installed a couple hours ago on my buddy's 2014. Looks great and fits like a glove.

Attachments

• IMG_20150205_105907_593.jpg
    IMG_20150205_105907_593.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Got my metal pipe the Tuesday, hoping the rest shows up today so I can get it all installed. Working on polishing the pipe myself though. If anyone is wondering just give Mike the extra $50 if you want it polished its a little rougher that I thought it would be from it being held to weld on the area the MAF gets bolted too.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got my metal pipe the Tuesday, hoping the rest shows up today so I can get it all installed. Working on polishing the pipe myself though. If anyone is wondering just give Mike the extra $50 if you want it polished its a little rougher that I thought it would be from it being held to weld on the area the MAF gets bolted too.

its sitting on your porch .

WHY NOT

Reaction score
its sitting on your porch .

Just got it, UPS dropped it off less than 5 min after I posted it. Do the intakes not have the little bracket that holds them up anymore? :clapping::clapping:

Kinda of off topic, but Mike, installing the EGR delete will I still need to drain a lot of the coolant out if I already have a delete on the truck? Im just taking it off and switching it to yours. I think the only thing that may be an issue is the hose on the lower part of the radiator. Maybe I can switch it real fast and it not go everywhere.

DWhite

Reaction score
Kinda of off topic, but Mike, installing the EGR delete will I still need to drain a lot of the coolant out if I already have a delete on the truck? Im just taking it off and switching it to yours. I think the only thing that may be an issue is the hose on the lower part of the radiator. Maybe I can switch it real fast and it not go everywhere.

It will be easier to just drain some down. I tried to do it quickly when I switched from the caps to a hose and ended up making a mess.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got it, UPS dropped it off less than 5 min after I posted it. Do the intakes not have the little bracket that holds them up anymore? :clapping::clapping:

yeah you either need to drain it all , or make the quick switch, if you plumb the hose and have it straight up when you make the switch , you should be good, just a little mess, just be sure the clamp is already on the hose.

as for the brace , its only for the dual fueler trucks now, you don't need it.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
From this
be1ddb489eefb1f125d86b6efa26c1a3.jpg

To this. Still not perfect but it will be good enough. Hoping to get it installed tomorrow morning and see how much it helps pulling the goose neck
2092ce6208640fbc6ec4641b06ed2ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine will be here next week...I'm gonna polish it with a can of black paint. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.