No Limit Air Intake !!!!!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
What intake are you running by the way?

None... Hence the delete mod! LOL....
:walkin:

In all seriousness Im still running a stock intake. I rarely floor my truck. It gets 20mpg(hand in summer) 18mpg(hand in winter) on distant drives... Still running the non-safe HS tuning just before they went turbo safe. I drive the turbo safe with my right foot.

But that doesnt negate the concept of a volumetric free flowing filter... Im all for them.

I just finished building my new shop and moving stuff from my old shop so Ill get back in the ballgame in a few. Do some fun fact testing.

Reaction score
None... Hence the delete mod! LOL....
:walkin:

In all seriousness Im still running a stock intake. I rarely floor my truck. It gets 20mpg(hand in summer) 18mpg(hand in winter) on distant drives... Still running the non-safe HS tuning just before they went turbo safe. I drive the turbo safe with my right foot.

But that doesnt negate the concept of a volumetric free flowing filter... Im all for them.

I just finished building my new shop and moving stuff from my old shop so Ill get back in the ballgame in a few. Do some fun fact testing.

Yeah, I ran my stock intake forever and got about the same MPGs as you are describing. Everyone kept saying how good this no limit intake was, so I made the switch. However, since I made the switch to the intake, I personally havent noticed any MPG gains and have been on a couple road trips with it since december. Still getting about the same as I did with the stock intake so far. But, it is the winter months here in central Illinois. So combo that with winter fuel blends, fluctuating cold temps, and idling...there are variables to that MPG. I guess time shall tell. Interested in these tests you speak of!!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yeah, I ran my stock intake forever and got about the same MPGs as you are describing. Everyone kept saying how good this no limit intake was, so I made the switch. However, since I made the switch to the intake, I personally havent noticed any MPG gains and have been on a couple road trips with it since december. Still getting about the same as I did with the stock intake so far. But, it is the winter months here in central Illinois. So combo that with winter fuel blends, fluctuating cold temps, and idling...there are variables to that MPG. I guess time shall tell. Interested in these tests you speak of!!

If your running #1 diesel then yeah I'd say wait until spring lol.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'll spring for the bag. I'll even install it for warranty purposes.

Keith

Last edited:

jwanck11

Reaction score
Im not sure if his changed or not...but I got the same boot you have. It was very hard to get it in the right spot I can tell you that. Seems like everything has to be just perfect to get it to fit right, especially if you still have your EGR system intact with the coolant hose running over top of it. There is probably less than a 1/4 inch clearance between that coolant pipe and the underside of the hood on mine.

Yeah, I played with it for quite awhile and yes, I did have the egr system intact. I think the new coupler has a different angle and is also easier to work....

Reaction score
Yeah, I played with it for quite awhile and yes, I did have the egr system intact. I think the new coupler has a different angle and is also easier to work....

Can you describe what your boot looks like? And when did you get it? Does it look like your standard 45 angle diesel engine intake boot that has ribs on it with a reducer in one end or a smooth boot that is sized differently on each end?

strokin6L

Reaction score
ordered one of Mikes intakes for my buddy's '14 6.7...went with the polished with proguard 7 filter and prefilter. Should be here Tuesday.

Reaction score
Haha my bad. I have the one with "ribs" on it, it is pretty much smooth with the little lines on it. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to as the ribs? And then one side being smaller than the other. That's how mine is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No big deal. And no, that wouldnt be the one with ribs. The ribs are big and one end has a physical thick reducer in it to adapt to the 4 inch-ish lower intake manifold. I dont have one of it on my truck, but heres a picture of the boot style on a Cat engine.

Attachments

• Cat Intake Boot.jpg
    Cat Intake Boot.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 136

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lie o meter is up to 19.8 from 18.9 average in just 4 short 10 mile trips back and forth to work.

I have been reluctant to claim anything over 1 mpg but a lot of customers have reported that and more. glad you're enjoying it !!

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Mike,

I am finishing up some training and have no time over the next two weeks but I will be placing an order for some of your "performance choking, not as good as Fords engineers stuff" real soon.