No Limit intake...what I saw.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
That because QT has a dedicated floor of people in their mansion in Tulsa Oklahoma buying fuel from the best sources at the best prices. The men and women that do the trading for petroleum look like the people on wallstreet trading stocks. Its quite amazing actually.

Most people dont understand this nor believe this but there are different quality fuels one can buy from the refinery.
It's called commodity trading. Same goes for grain, flowers, and other fuel such as natural gas. We're not all incompetent dumbasses.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's called commodity trading. Same goes for grain, flowers, and other fuel such as natural gas.

Sorry if you felt like a dumb ass. Never implied that. He stated truck ran better on QT fuel. And there is a reason why.

They don't commodity trade like your referring to in grain/food markets. QT does require a special blended fuel that has to meet specifications in order to fulfill their "100% guarantee" on their gas and diesel.

Hedge funding/buying is more typical in the resale market of petroleum.

Trick truck made a comment on fuel mileage from getting fuel at QT. I made a comment as to why--specifically from QT--.... Anyone that feels like a dumb ass from reading the response might need to get a life. Or a running truck back!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Sorry if you felt like a dumb ass. Never implied that. He stated truck ran better on QT fuel. And there is a reason why.

They don't commodity trade like your referring to in grain/food markets. QT does require a special blended fuel that has to meet specifications in order to fulfill their "100% guarantee" on their gas and diesel.

Hedge funding/buying is more typical in the resale market of petroleum.

Trick truck made a comment on fuel mileage from getting fuel at QT. I made a comment as to why--specifically from QT--.... Anyone that feels like a dumb ass from reading the response might need to get a life. Or a running truck back!

Oh burn... good one you got me. I was referring to you acting like you're a superior know it all. Which your response perfectly shows.

I took a 3lb **** but still weigh the same. Explain that one?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Oh burn... good one you got me. I was referring to you acting like you're a superior know it all. Which your response perfectly shows.

I took a 3lb **** but still weigh the same. Explain that one?

My apologies.

Nothing superior here.

Just explaining why QT fuel is superior. Not me.

As far as the scale your weighing on after your bowel movement. It probably has a 3% accuracy rating! LOL.

Irontx

Reaction score
My apologies.

Nothing superior here.

Just explaining why QT fuel is superior. Not me.

As far as the scale your weighing on after your bowel movement. It probably has a 3% accuracy rating! LOL.

The only factual reality to there fuel being superior can only be in the additive pack they add during truck loading. Fuel is made to an exact standard. All refineries pump into the same tanks. They store them in tank farms like you would put money in a bank. Truck comes to make a withdrawl.... throws in an additives pack..... calls it name brand.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The only factual reality to there fuel being superior can only be in the additive pack they add during truck loading. Fuel is made to an exact standard. All refineries pump into the same tanks. They store them in tank farms like you would put money in a bank. Truck comes to make a withdrawl.... throws in an additives pack..... calls it name brand.

Exactly PHUCKING correct. I used to have pics of 5 different brand trucks loading at the same rack. The ONLY difference is the additive package put in at loading. There are no different qualities of fuel coming from any refinery. If there were I'm sure I'd notice it since I work in the units that produce it.

swinky

Reaction score
Exactly PHUCKING correct. I used to have pics of 5 different brand trucks loading at the same rack. The ONLY difference is the additive package put in at loading. There are no different qualities of fuel coming from any refinery. If there were I'm sure I'd notice it since I work in the units that produce it.
Does the additive change the color of the fuel?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Absolutely it can. Red dyed diesel as an example. It's the same as all other diesel.

Jassman

Reaction score
I seriously don't care enough to do any hand calcs....sorry. LOL

No problem, thought I'd just ask, thanks man...I'll do a test myself when I get this intake, trying to return the one I just got delivered.....Over all I'm convinced I might see a small gain, or like someone mentioned in the other thread a negligible loss...I realize there are many variables when doing these tests, some were mentioned. I like the intake for being 5" and am more interested in the throttle response and how it can help me overall when towing, plus the fact we are buying from a sponsor that will give us support vs a store that sells the product.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

You and I must work for different fractionater/refinery companies. American vs Chinese maybe? Familiar with sunoco?

Who do you work for again? I'm currently in this industry and our marketing team does not agree with that statement.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I've worked in the industry for 25 years...in the tank farms he's talking about and also the refineries. Along the gulf coast and up the eastern seaboard he's 100% correct.
Fuel that is loaded out at refineries is also loaded into the trucks of others. Bulk storage is how it works around here. The loading racks have small tanks of the various brands additives which are mixed in as the trucks are loaded. This goes for gasoline as well.

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
What if someone told you that the various grades of gasoline, diesel, and jet A travel down the same pipelines to the various loading racks across the country? They watch the specific gravity of the product coming in when they know they're nearing a batch switch, and divert it to the correct tank when it reaches the correct s.g. The little bit in between is called intermix, and that's put into it's own tank to separate back out.

Don't get gas in your diesel bro.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, you mother***kers are worse than a hpop thread!!

I think the OP numbers are G-***kin-E...good enough. His gain probably works out to a true 1.5-2 mpg hand calc'd.

Good product!

pog

Reaction score
How many companies in the US actually have their own refineries? Here in BC Canada we have shell, esso and chevron. Our family has one husky branded fuel station and that one site will get fuel from all three. Now husky has their own diesel brand called "diesel max". Truck will load up from either of the three refineries listed above. Before the driver unloads the diesel he will toss an additive direclty into the tank hence calling it "diesel max". Supposed to be a cetane boosted diesel and people love it.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've worked in the industry for 25 years...in the tank farms he's talking about and also the refineries. Along the gulf coast and up the eastern seaboard he's 100% correct.
Fuel that is loaded out at refineries is also loaded into the trucks of others. Bulk storage is how it works around here. The loading racks have small tanks of the various brands additives which are mixed in as the trucks are loaded. This goes for gasoline as well.

I concur. My father has about 50 years experience with this. Ive been to the Joliet,IL Mobil refinery and watched him push the same 4 digits on a keypad to haul fuel to caseys, marathon, road ranger, phillips 66, shell, bp, etc..

People ask him all the time "where is the best place to get fuel?" He snickers and says "where it is cheapest". Ive never seen anybody give a knowing look. Most people act like they got it but you can tell they are lost. His point is to.get it cheapest because its all the same ****.

There are two exceptions locally to my area. Shell has began hauling their gas and diesel with their own trucks and that is because etna oil didnt like the buying public knowing that their gas was identical to bp. Bp has since followed suit. No bs. My lincoln ls will get 400 miles out of a tank of shell 93 octane...if I go to bp its 340 something...same octane, same amount....something is ***ky...

My 7.3 get decent mileage on FS-fastop dieselex gold brand diesel fuel. It's cheaper by 20% than anybody in the area sometimes almost a $1 per gallon cheaper. Everywhere else in.my area is hauled from the mobil refinery. It produces less mileage. 15 on fs dieselex 12-13 on everyone elses dino. :shrug: just how it goes. My sexually confused duramax gets 11ish no matter the matter lol. Towing is 9s.