No Start Help Please!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Okay so I’m pretty damn stumped here please help!
This all started with a Hot Stall/W No Restart…After some digging I Found the HPOP had puked lots of Aluminum and brass. Ie No Pressure with hot oil. Got a New 17 CNC Fab pump for 95.5 with the Anti Drain back and Old style gasket, Rebuild the fuel bowl,New Lift pump,IPR,IPC,CPS and Melling 208 LPOP and lastly all 8 O-rings!

When I got the truck running the first time it lifted #8 burnt up the copper washers…not a good day pulled cleaned up new Orings copper cup was fine!
Got it running and home from the shop…Now it won’t start IPR 14.84%KOEO 50% Cranking ICP won’t break 300psi Won’t start unplug either. Got code P1280 won’t go away even if I unhook the battery’s and it’s taken forever for the Oil pressure gage to pop!!!!

Hpop isn’t bleeding down BUT the first time I turn it over the res drops to 3/4 and won’t come back up again takes way to long to come up! Could it be #8 Oring again? Maybe something in the 5vref is an issue????

Truck is 1996 build data 182000ish serial
348,000miles no chips mostly stock Baby swamps 40,000 ago
5 speed
Please help Need my DD back!!!

79jasper

Reaction score
I don't pay too much attention to the idiot light in these trucks. You need a real gauge to verify.
Pull the hpop gear cover and make dang sure it is seated.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If the rez doesn’t have oil coming up, need to check the LPOP. The front cover make be scarred up. You said you put a new pump on?

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Checked that it’s torque to 97Ft-lb didn’t see any slipping with the cover off…Yeah brand new Melling 208 and the front cover was perfect when I removed the old one

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Maybe it’s going empty on one Oil rail then pulling everything down? Could number 8 be an issue again! It has run and made it home with the new LPOP…just really really hard to get running now and when if fires it’s completely random then will run until I shut it off again! At that point it restarts warm but once it cools it’s back to square one…��

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Little tin nut on the back of the ipr still in place? If that one is gone I believe it’s a 1/2-20 thread for a normal nut.

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
As far as I can tell it’s taken forever to hit the dummy switch and it draws down to 3/4 full on first crank! The P1280 always being set seems strange? Appreciate the input Magnum PD! �� I will be home soon will bump it with the Hpop res open and injectors unhooked so she can’t fire off like old Fathful!

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Has anything been done to the truck recently oil pan related? Seen several that have plugged pick up tubes with silicone. Causes all sorts of funky ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Don’t think so I’m the second owner and it was absolutely bone stock at 289,000 when I got it Pan looks factory, I did put the Sinister Diesel Dipstick adapter but I pulled the O-ring with pick and locking forceps before I tipped the oem one and dropped it?

Reaction score
Here's the tests for P1280. Cheers!

Attachments

• 1997 ICP Introduction.pdf
    374.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 1997 P1280 Pinpoint Tests.pdf
    295.2 KB · Views: 78

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I did put a small bead on the crank woodruff key too seal the new LPOP but that’s normal factory had fun as well!

Last edited:

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
One thing I might add is the window has leaked for a while now but it always seemed to be at the top right dead center the steering wheel…irritating as all hell! Point is I don’t think it’s a PCM issue because Iv run BUZZ/CCT recently and it’s yet to get any rain it’s been inside both passes.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Possible metal in injectors holding them open on the oil side. Maybe injectors not seated all the way or o ring split. Where did the new sensors and o rings come from, part store or motorcraft?

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
The O rings are all Alliant and every sensor motorcraft not to say I didn’t get a bad one..I’m going to poke around at the 5vref and sensors as for metal I chased as much out as I could 2filters 2 changes I mean it could be hung open but the buzz test sounds ok and even as well! If one’s cut it WILL be #8 again because **** #8 First it lifted on me burning the copper washer so it’s quite possible…:fustrate:

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did you do anything with the injectors after the shaving went through them?

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Just pulled them out cleaned them up an put new o-rings I’m on OT now at work so Iv yet to do any more tests but I have some sorta game plan! Oh and HPOP is New CNCFAB 17

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
An injector guy will have to chime in to tell if internal damage is causing the problem. Like stuck open oil side.

Is oil pumping up to the rez?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'd sure think the injectors are trashed if the hpop failed like you say it did. That would require getting the injectors checked out by a fuel shop, and you'd need to clean the hell out of the internal oil rails on the heads.

Latest posts

Members online