No Start Help Please!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I haven’t just “Thrown Parts at it” this has been over a 5 year period plus I Fixed The Hot Stall/No Restart until cold…HPOP then this immediately after! No I don’t unless FORScan can pick that up or I check it on each window and Rib for 1.5v-12v accordingly

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I will Re Ohm Then Pin Test the CPS VRef KOEO let you know the exact results will also retest and post all my FORScan results as of now…gotta understand the frustration Iv either overlooked something or The PCM has some kinda issue on the board itself!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I’d rather reward someone 400$ then waist it on a fk tow… everyone wins 😓 nothing beats a stick shift Diesel for fun to drive….apologies here just upset

psduser1

Reaction score
I will Re Ohm Then Pin Test the CPS VRef KOEO let you know the exact results will also retest and post all my FORScan results as of now…gotta understand the frustration Iv either overlooked something or The PCM has some kinda issue on the board itself!
I'm just gonna say, these pcms are too dumb to know if they are broken.
The only problems I've ever seen posted with the pcm is some dipsh!t pulling the chip with the key in the run position.

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Yeah trucks never had a chip but the damn window leaks on the drivers side that’s Forsure! It’s a lot to really fully test it…much easier to swap with someone to test

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Yeah figure so much and it would explain why I can’t seem to pin it down but maybe I’m just grasping at straws here the plug looked ok but the inside could be a puff ball of rust…not sure But Yes Iv had a pretty bad leak for too long let’s go with that!

Front Windshield right down the steering wheel has actually filled the clamshell full and the first turns a joy every time!

Reaction score
I would probably pull the PCM and at least look at its condition (if you haven't done so already) and for possible water intrusion. I had my 94's PCM go out. It wouldn't provide the ground for the IPR power circuit (P1283), but at least it still communicated. Cheers!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Looks like I need to pull the fender liner down to get it out I will pull it asap and get back to you guys also going to plumb up water filled gauges to both heads…if I see an issue it will tell me one am I making 500psi two if not I can cap one side and see if that changes things and go from there! Thanks Patrick Seee and I Had a Stuck (P1280)code

Last edited:

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
If capping each head and no change I’d assume the IPR is one non responsive ie Signal or Two Hung open unless I’m missing somewhere for oil to go?

Reaction score
With no power to the IPR, generally the IPR drain port(s) are open and oil just goes back to the sump. If for some reason the IPR's spool is stuck to where the drain port(s) are closed, you would be getting full pressure all the time. Let me know if you need the pinpoint tests for P1280. Cheers!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I will machine an IPR block off tool as well that way I can pump test! Brand new CNC fab but you never know need to eliminate all options leave no stone unturned!!! Will post up all my results as soon as possible! Thanks Everyone!
Ps. Also Rechecked the Gear it’s perfectly seated…Iv only installed 3 Foot Herringbone gears with .020 Shrink Fit😂

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You can send your pcm and idm to Johnathan @ diesel technology of chattanooga to have it tested.

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Also I have the entire dio supplemental from the factory it has everything for pin outs etc and is quite detailed! Thanks Patrick!!! 👍

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
95 ft lbs on the torque for the drive gear BTW
Yup exactly…Stopped up the engine with a block of wood a jack annnd flywheel teeth! Also had everything out of the way and checked it with a depth mic turned checked. Spot on also looked at the engagement!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I’d like to visually inspect the pcm first that might not tell me shit but hey…might as well! Also need to look under the air box near the 42Pin but damn if don’t get this xD

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.