old/low blinker fluid?

jdc753

Reaction score
Im thinking you're going to need to drain and flush out the system then replace with Recon's synthetic fluid and LED bulbs. The bulbs have a lower opening pressure so its easier on the fluid.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Just feel lucky that your turn signals turn off when you turn back........ the semi I drove for work when we was chopping silage would stay on until your shut it off....... talk about an a$$ chewing! the boss was so mad when we came back to the field and the blinker fluid was empty........ luckily on the 9000i International the reservoir is right up by the clutch battery on the firewall, so it wasn't hard to refill. Came outta my paycheck though. Good luck! LOL

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Have you tried treating your fluid with a anti gel treatment. If the left side of your truck was facing the cold breaeze it will gel faster. I would try to get some anit-gel in there, but you might as well just change it out while doing that.

psduser1

Reaction score
I cant believe you guys aren't seeing it.
Blinked fluid rarely "wears out", more likely the fluid connection is pinched where it goes thru the firewall, as stated previously, in a real biatch spot. I however, have engineered a fix for this. Mail me an adress and 16.78, and shipping, and the secret could be yours....

F350-6

Reaction score
You should definitely use synthetic fluid.

BlinkFluid.jpg

Kind of a pain to flush though. You might want to pick up some of this to make the job easier.
elbowgrease.jpg

Otherwise, unless you get lucky and find a bad contact on a fuse/relay, then I'd be worried about the switch.

yeehaw

Reaction score
my truck will do it only going right, the flasher clicks BUT no lights come on

i have to pull the switch down towards the "off" position for it to work, i am pretty used to doing it now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.