overhead guage pod?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the don't make them... but I wanna find a way to put one in my obs id like to have my water temp volt guage and oil pressure up there... possibly a sd one? Let know on some ideas

oneton

Reaction score
i got a couple on my phone but my cable is at work.i can post them tomorrow.depends on how you want to mount it what mods are needed.

i seen a couple people cut the trim piece above the windshield,and screw it on.seen some use the velcro strips it comes with.there are a few mounting options.

running the wires is kinda a pain but not real bad

oneton

Reaction score
you could use the sd under dash pod.i've seen some people do that.i like the overhead myself.

you could do like cratos did and put them on top of the dash above the gaug cluster,i think he has like 9 gauges that way

oneton

Reaction score
i think the overhead is the way to go with the pillar pod,you can have 7-8 gauges between the two

Tom S

Reaction score
I have mine overhead. I just scribed the pod to better fit the contour of the garnish piece and mounted it using a couple of small brackets. One truck I have leaned is that you do not want the gauge faces pointing at the back window as that creates a stong reflection.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I'd dump my CTS if I could get an overhead gauge pod to fit correctly and knew the interior paint would match my Mocha interior color.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I've got an Overhead pod that I bought for my SD but never installed... Tom, do you think you could post up some pics of how you modified yours to fit correctly?

-French

Michael

Reaction score
Here's a shot of mine, it has not been modified. I just use the metal trim strip above the windshield to hold it in place.

IMGP4083.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score

It really is one of those cut and fit things. I hold mine up with small metal brackets on the trim. I just scribed it to better fit the trim.

Foxracing0934

Reaction score
Not to hi jack the thread but Tom, what is up with the rear view mirror? Is that a thermometer in the corner of it? And that over head pod looks sick.

Tom S

Reaction score
Here is one.

Attachments

• magazine pictures 5 078.jpg
    magazine pictures 5 078.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Members online