Override 15 minute Remote Start

higherlife

Reaction score
Is there anyway to override the remote start 5, 10 or 15 minute start time so it will stay on longer? Since its finally getting cold, i really would like the truck to warm up for a longer time but am to lazy to physically go outside and put the key in the ignition.

thanks

Notneb

Reaction score
Is there anyway to override the remote start 5, 10 or 15 minute start time so it will stay on longer? Since its finally getting cold, i really would like the truck to warm up for a longer time but am to lazy to physically go outside and put the key in the ignition.

thanks

Honestly mine stays at 100 until I drive it. I've sat for 30 min and it refused to warm up lol.

higherlife

Reaction score
Honestly mine stays at 100 until I drive it. I've sat for 30 min and it refused to warm up lol.

I figured it would be worth a shot. Off topic but how are your m16s wearing? I saw them on a truck and they look ba imo.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
for this exact reason, i block off the back side of the grill with a couple old rubber floor mats. i also have the high idle mod done along with a aftermarket remote start that runs for 45min a pop..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Snayke

Reaction score
On mine, once its started i just hit the button 2x more and it doubles the runtime. This is the factory Ford remote with separate fob.

Notneb

Reaction score
I figured it would be worth a shot. Off topic but how are your m16s wearing? I saw them on a truck and they look ba imo.

This is my third vehicle with them, I love them. I average 50-60k on a set, mixed off-road *desert* and city/highway. For as aggressive as they are they wear pretty well, just gotta rotate the hell out of them or they'll develop vibration.

webb06

Reaction score
So if you set the park brake and turn the up fitter for high idle on the night before, then remote start the truck the next morning the high idle comes on correct? And you can do remote start steps twice for 30 minute cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So if you set the park brake and turn the up fitter for high idle on the night before, then remote start the truck the next morning the high idle comes on correct? And you can do remote start steps twice for 30 minute cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that is exactly how i do mine. but not sure with factory remote start.

live life full throttle

BunnyCop

Reaction score
i ran a separate hot feed to one of my upfitter switches so it will have power while in Remote Start mode. its fairly simple to do

sootie

Reaction score
i ran a separate hot feed to one of my upfitter switches so it will have power while in Remote Start mode. its fairly simple to do

could you scratch a diagram of what you did on a piece of paper please?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I thought there was a way to keep the truck running and take the keys out too, like if you were going into a gas station.
i think there is. i just lock the truck with it running and use the door code to unlock it.. lol

live life full throttle

FordPSD64

Reaction score
i think there is. i just lock the truck with it running and use the door code to unlock it.. lol

live life full throttle

I thought there was too but I've tried a 1000 different combinations and it just shuts off. I have the keypad on the door too so I usually just use that but sometimes if I go into a store for 5 min or so I don't really want to shut it off but I don't want to leave the keys in it either. Just curious because i thought I read somewhere you could

sootie

Reaction score
i could on my 2010. just activate the remote start with the engine running, in park, with the doors closed-then jump out and take the keys with you.

have not yet been able to figure it out on a 2015.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
i could on my 2010. just activate the remote start with the engine running, in park, with the doors closed-then jump out and take the keys with you.

have not yet been able to figure it out on a 2015.

Yeah I can't either. I've tried everything. I guess I need to ask my tech buddy at the dealer if it's even capable. But you'd think these trucks could for 70k

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.