Override 15 minute Remote Start

webb06

Reaction score
i could on my 2010. just activate the remote start with the engine running, in park, with the doors closed-then jump out and take the keys with you.

have not yet been able to figure it out on a 2015.

Mine did too. Never have figured it out with the 2012. I just lock them in it and use the door code when I do leave it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The idle time is worse on the truck then the cold start! you guys must have crazy idle hours on your junk doing that. Mine stays the same temp until I drive it so in most cases I just run it for 2-3 minutes and go.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
The idle time is worse on the truck then the cold start! you guys must have crazy idle hours on your junk doing that. Mine stays the same temp until I drive it so in most cases I just run it for 2-3 minutes and go.

yep! good protocol right there, Dustin

FordPSD64

Reaction score
a18e375a4aab6c7b34063f01d2608c44.jpg

It is nice having a garage I'll admit that!

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a house and that was one very important point... truck has to fit LOL I have never had a garage spot EVER!

Wise man! I have always parked outside since I've been driving until I bought my house. It had a garage that was insulated and heated as soon as possible. I want to put a work bay on at some point, but I'm still thrilled with what I have. And the wife having access to a warm car is a huge plus for me!

CurtisF

Reaction score
I thought there was a way to keep the truck running and take the keys out too, like if you were going into a gas station.

Vehicles with the older style remote start (non-plug and play) have that feature. All vehicles that have the plug and play remote starts do not retain this.

For example, those with a 2010 F-150 could hold the remote start fob button down while in park, horn will honk, take the key out of the ignition, and the truck keeps running. Try doing the same thing with a 2011 and it won't work. In 2011, all trucks switched to plug and play (technically they switched to CGEA but that's a long story).

FYI, Ford remote starts are limited to a max runtime of 15 minutes per remote start (most limited to 2 remote starts per key cycle). This is factory programmed and cannot be increased beyond the 15 minutes.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wise man! I have always parked outside since I've been driving until I bought my house. It had a garage that was insulated and heated as soon as possible. I want to put a work bay on at some point, but I'm still thrilled with what I have. And the wife having access to a warm car is a huge plus for me!

Yep for me you have the scrape the Windows to matter what so might as well be my truck lol

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Merry Christmas brother!

Let me know within the next few months if you want an 8" BDS with Fox Resevoirs lol.. I'm gonna be going even bigger probably

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.